Author Topic: ENGINE PLUGIN: AGSteam v3.4 - Mac OS X!  (Read 49940 times)

AGD2

Re: ENGINE PLUGIN: AGSteam v3.4 - Mac OS X!
« Reply #140 on: 04 Oct 2018, 17:04 »
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, but I'm using v3.4 (Windows) with the "unified" dll. I went through all my game scripts and changed all instances of AGSteam. to AGS2Client. I also changed all the wrapped code from #ifdef AGSteam_VERSION to #ifdef AGS2Client_VERSION.

Previously, it compiled and the game played just fine. But with the new dll and the amended code above, I get the following issues:

1) With the Steam plugin enabled. If I compile the game, I get a compile error (which doesn't happen if I compile with the AGSteam.dll plug-in is disabled):

Hero.asc(1778): Error (line 1778): buffer exceeded: you probably have a missing closing bracket on a previous line

The offending code is:

Code: Adventure Game Studio
  1.    #ifdef AGS2Client_VERSION
  2.    AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_FIRE_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_FIRE");
  3.   AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_AIR_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_AIR");
  4.    AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_WATER_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_WATER");
  5.   AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_EARTH_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_EARTH");
  6.    #endif

It still crashes if I wrap each of the above four lines individually.

2) With the Steam plug-in disabled, entering any game room that contains the code AGS2Client.SetIntStat will crash the game with:
An internal error has occurred. Please note down the following information..
(ACI version 3.4.1.15)
Error: Unable to create local script: Runtime error: unresolved import 'AGS2Client::SetIntStat^2'

I updated all script instances of AGSteam. to AGS2Client. and it worked fine when they were AGSSteam. instances.

Am I missing something really obvious here?

« Reply #141 on: 04 Oct 2018, 17:12 »
Hero.asc(1778): Error (line 1778): buffer exceeded: you probably have a missing closing bracket on a previous line

The offending code is:

Code: Adventure Game Studio
  1.    #ifdef AGS2Client_VERSION
  2.    AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_FIRE_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_FIRE");
  3.   AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_AIR_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_AIR");
  4.    AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_WATER_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_WATER");
  5.   AGS2Client.SetIntStat("WAFE_EARTH_POINTS", giWAFE_Points_EARTH");
  6.    #endif

You have either missing opening quotemark or unnecessary ending quotemark at the second parameter.

AGD2

« Reply #142 on: 04 Oct 2018, 17:24 »
You have either missing opening quotemark or unnecessary ending quotemark at the second parameter.

Damn, how the hell did I not notice that? It's one of those days, I guess. Thanks, CW.

Okay, that's solved both issues after I rebuilt all the files.

AGD2

« Reply #143 on: 09 Oct 2018, 17:57 »
I'm getting a few reports from beta testers that with AGSSteam v3.4, there's an issue with the Steam overlay (Shift + TAB), which I have also observed myself.

While the Steam Overlay is active, if you click anywhere (for example clicking on your friends list or looking up guides etc.) the game reacts as if you had clicked in-game with whatever icon was active at whatever placement it had when you opened the Steam Overlay. For example, if you have the walk icon selected, EGO starts moving to the spot where the cursor was pointing in the game. If you have the eye icon selected, EGO comments on whatever the cursor is pointing at behind the Overlay.

This happens with both the Open GL and Direct3D 9 drivers. (With the Software renderer, the Steam overlay does not appear at all when ALT + TAB is pressed).

AGD2

« Reply #144 on: 22 Oct 2018, 08:37 »
Has anyone here released a game on Steam with AGSteam v3.4 yet and had it functioning stably?

My beta testers keep getting "Null String Referenced" fatal crashes on seemingly random achievements when SetAchievementAchieved is called. The same code didn't crash the game in previous versions, and I can't see anything in the AGS code or in my Steamworks stats/achievements settings that should cause this crash.

Sometimes I'll recompile the game and tweak some unrelated AGS code (and not edit any of the achievements or stats on the Steamworks side), then push the update to Steam, and suddenly the "Null String Referenced" fatal crash stops occurring for that achievement, but starts happening for other achievements.

Been trying to solve the issue for a few weeks now, but it seems v3.4 is possibly unstable and I may need to return to an older version.

Can you shed any light ton this, Monkey?
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2018, 08:46 by AGD2 »

Dave Gilbert

• Mittens Vassal
  • Hi. Our names are FRIGGING ADORABLE.
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • Dave Gilbert worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Dave Gilbert worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #145 on: 30 Oct 2018, 15:03 »
The dll files we used for Unavowed are dated May 26th, 2018 and we've had no problems on PC. We've had issues with achievements not being unlocked on Mac, but nothing that crashed the game.

« Reply #146 on: 02 Nov 2018, 14:01 »
AGD2, did you make any progress with this? Manage to find out what was causing the issues?

If anyone has a link to the dll files Dave used (May 26th 2018) I'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Github confuses me!

AGD2

« Reply #147 on: 03 Nov 2018, 08:32 »
Yeah, it turns out that I needed to have all of the achievements referenced in my game code also set up in the Steamworks back-end. From what I could see, the AGSteam documentation mentioned nothing about this, so I was adding the achievements to Steamworks gradually, as time permitted. I had about 34 of 45 achievements added to Steamworks. But when I added them all, the crashes stopped happening.

So, it's not a bug with the plug-in. Just something to be aware of.
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2018, 08:34 by AGD2 »