Byte of the Draculator II

Started by Baron, Sun 30/10/2011 01:42:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

DutchMarco.   :)

Hint 1
Spoiler
You need to give yourself more colour, to survive walking through the UV light.  Now what has a lot of colour in it?
[close]

Hint 2
Spoiler
Eat the carrot by using it on yourself.   ;)
[close]

Corby

I have to mention that my favorite voice was the Ginger Scientist.  :)

"Get back you mean thing!"

Armageddon

Quote from: Corby on Mon 31/10/2011 23:01:08

I agree.

"HOLY CRAP, THE VCU IS AT LARGE!"

I must have heard that six times and I still bust a gut.

Tabata

I love to hear the other one shouting „Horror! Horror!“ from his position.

It somehow remembers me of an old lady, who forgot their cake in the oven  ;D

Jackpumpkinhead

this is amazing!!!!

@Peder Johnsen+:

Here are the songs from the game (The Official Soundtrack ;D)

1. Draculator II - Theme

2. Title Screen

3. Merrick Explores

4. Vamp Twins

5. RoboFight!
currently on an indefinite hold.

Igor Hardy

What about the song that you can hear during the credits? Was it the main theme?

Hudders

Hey, we're pick of the month!  8)

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

paolo

It crashed on me (see below). Here's what I did:
Spoiler
I went into the lab, got the probe, killed the blond scientist, then exited. The bad guy showed up and then the game crashed.
[close]

---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.21.1115)

in "room8.asc", line 41

Error: Error running function 'room_AfterFadeIn':
Error: Null pointer referenced

OK   

Baron

Quote from: paolo on Wed 02/11/2011 13:13:33

Adventure Game Studio
An error has occurred. Please contact the game author for support, as this is likely to be a scripting error and not a bug in AGS.
(ACI version 3.21.1115)

in "room8.asc", line 41

Error: Error running function 'room_AfterFadeIn':
Error: Null pointer referenced

Impressive that you caught the 1 game loop that the audio clip wasn't playing!  I've added a condition to check whether the audio channel is playing before changing the volume.  Thanks for the report!

I too am excited by the four cup rating -wow!  I've never been a part of a "quality" project before....  And all along I thought the plan was to do it "quick-and-dirty".  I guess we made a wrong turn in the design document somewhere.....

Peder 🚀

Thanks Jackpumpkinhead ;D.
downloading!

ddq

Got a bug here, infinite loop.
Spoiler
After using the cheetah blood on Merrick in the room with the 3 guards and trying to leave the room, Merrick says the "I must use this power while I can" spiel ad infinitum.
[close]

SpacePirateCaine

Quote from: Corby on Mon 31/10/2011 23:01:08

Aww, thanks! It was a lot of fun recording the lines, but honestly, it's all about the writing: Everything I was given was easy to record. To be honest, I preferred my other reading of the character, but in the end, it seems to have gone over quite well, so cheers Baron for having better taste in voice acting than me!
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

tzachs

Fantastic game! I laughed a lot, and now the entire swarm has been Goat Parked.

I will be very interested to hear some post-mortem from Baron, what did it take to manage all that, what worked, what didn't, how many people actually managed to work for under 1 hour, all that fun stuff...

And now, for some issue/bugs/quirks I had.

* I didn't hear the music playing for some reason...
* There were some occasions that I had to press the left mouse button more than once for it to respond (probably the mouse mode not always switch after looking at stuff).
* No hotspot label for the inventory items.
Spoiler

I drink the Cheetah blood, become very fast, but after I kill the first guard, I now have a human blood in me, so I should not be fast anymore, but I still am...
[close]

Baron

Quote from: tzachs on Fri 04/11/2011 17:06:10
Fantastic game! I laughed a lot, and now the entire swarm has been Goat Parked.

Yay for publicity!

QuoteI will be very interested to hear some post-mortem from Baron, what did it take to manage all that, what worked, what didn't, how many people actually managed to work for under 1 hour, all that fun stuff...

I'll probably get to that this weekend.  I'm in crash mode right now....

And now, for some issue/bugs/quirks I had.

* I didn't hear the music playing for some reason...

The only thing I can think of: is your computer is so advanced that it cannot play MIDI files?  Cause that's what they are -OLD SCHOOL.

* There were some occasions that I had to press the left mouse button more than once for it to respond (probably the mouse mode not always switch after looking at stuff).
Hmmmmm....  I have noticed this once or twice.  I assumed it was the "dead space" on the end of some of the voice lines (thus the left-click would just register as ending the clip instead of activating something new).  I'll look into it further, though.

* No hotspot label for the inventory items.

Ah!  They made me take it out.  They MADE me do it!  Those labels were in there until two days before the final release, but the consensus was they cluttered the GUI.  There you have it -damned if you do, damned if you don't  ;)

Quote.....I now have a human blood in me, so I should not be fast anymore, but I still am...

If the Jedi can lift things with the force, why can't they lift themselves and float around?  I guess this is just another case of "suspend your disbelief" and just enjoy it.

Quote from: ddq on Thu 03/11/2011 03:30:57
Got a bug here, infinite loop: Merrick says the "I must use this power while I can" spiel ad infinitum.

That's actually a feature.  Dualnames was supposed to turn it into a rap but he never came through for us.....  I mean, he got out the baggy pants and the bling, but there was some problem with the bi-atches and things just ended up falling apart.  Long story short, I guess I should fix the game.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: Baron on Sat 05/11/2011 00:27:38
Quote.....I now have a human blood in me, so I should not be fast anymore, but I still am...

If the Jedi can lift things with the force, why can't they lift themselves and float around?  I guess this is just another case of "suspend your disbelief" and just enjoy it.

Nah, everything is fine - Merrick is just so damn fast at drinking blood from the guards that his metabolism doesn't kick in until he drank from everyone.

This game is so perfect that every little, seemingly insignificant detail fits - testament to the collective genius that The Swarm can achieve.

Grim

Finished it!

Good game, with a very strong retro feel to it. A bit on the short side... but I think the main reason is that less people than expected have participated. I mean, we were talking about a thousand people at first, right? So, considering that it was a lot less than that, big thanks to Baron for putting it all together.

Personally, I think that for the next project, if there's ever gonna be one, we should do something more crazy, with  more room for Dali-esque imaginery that would involve lots of different art styles and ideas all connected by a Alice in Wonderland kind of storyline... which doesn't mean the story in Draculator II wasn't good! The writing was superb, and so was the voice acting! I didn't expect our hero to talk with a foreign accent... so it was a fantastic surprise, so funny! I also noticed that Icey did the lines of the blonde scientist- that part about a bonzai just cracked me up:)

Overall, I'd say great game, 4 out of 5. I'm happy and proud that I've contributed to this project. Thanks to all of you!!! ;)

Buckethead

I'm a bit late with my comment, but better later than never.

First off I would like to thanks Baron for managing the whole thing. I think it's pretty awesome that he had an idea and went all the way through with it, and took us all on a nice joyride.

Even though I've only contributed a few things it still was a lot of fun to do so. And the end result is amazing really. The game is suprisingly polished and keeps consitent all the way through. The writing is witty and funny. And the voice acting makes it all the more enjoyable.

I also like the puzzles in this game a lot. Some of them really are quite inovative.

Good job everybody!  ;D

Baron

Alright, new debugged version is uploading as I write this!  To my knowledge this new version fixes all outstanding issues so far identified.  I've also finalized a translation file (some people expressed an interest in the swarm thread but I thought I'd mention it here as well if anyone is interested).

dunnoson

Baron,

I was doing my weekly AGS game scan for downloading/playing.  Usually, I pass over games that has bad graphics, storyline.  However, your game has EXCELLENT looking graphics which shows dedication to the game.  Also, a Robot Vampire?  That is an interesting character, and you need to fill us in on the background of the story.

How did you come up with this idea?  How long did it take you?  I want to know all about this game, because I am trying to come up with a good CSI game that has excellent graphics.

I look forward to your response.

James
currently working on:

I am in the Brainstorming stage.  Also am trying to gather a team.
I am committing to this game.

Thinking about creating another game, NCIS themed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk