Byte of the Draculator II

Started by Baron, Sun 30/10/2011 01:42:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Just in time for Hallowe'en.....
BYTE OF THE DRACULATOR II

PLOT: You play as Merrick, the erstwhile corporal who became a vampire to try to impress a pair of sexy-vampire twins.  But then he is immediately kidnapped by the army and enrolled in a top-secret robotic implants experiment!  Now he is half-vampire, half-robot, and more than half-confused.  One thing he does know: he must escape the base or spend the rest of his days as the lap-poodle of the military's chief mad scientist!

BACKGROUND: This game is the fruit of the Swarm, an experimental collaborative project.  Have a look at the vast list of credits to see how many, many AGSers collaborated on this project, or see how many I can remember to mention in this Developer's Playthrough  Congratulations on finishing, team!

FEATURES: This short 10 minute game is jam-packed with goodies.....
-Full voice acting! (All by prominent AGSers!)
-Fully animated!
-Humorous cutscenes!
-Exciting climactic boss-fight!
-Puzzles that only a vampire could face!

EDIT: Spanish translation now available!

THE DOWNLOAD: 17 MB Here!

ThreeOhFour

Brilliant work, so cool to see that such a crazy project actually got finished :D

Congrats to Baron and his swarm for this, and something fun to play on Halloween, hooray :D

Igor Hardy

I'm very proud of my huge contribution to this project of suggesting adding number 2 to the title.

But seriously, huge congrats on finishing - it was an unique endeavor. I can't wait to play it!

Baron

Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 30/10/2011 01:54:48
I'm very proud of my huge contribution to this project of suggesting adding number 2 to the title.

Gah!  Now I have to update the credits again!

Dualnames

GO SWARM GO. This is a proof that when this community...
Who am I kidding? This is all Ascovel's work. YOU MUST HONOR HIM FOR LIFE. COMING UP WITH THE TITLE IS SO HARD.

:P
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Icey

Ohh it's out! Cool now to share it with all.

Hudders

*sits excitedly by the phone, waiting to be "discovered"*

Ponch

Hey! My name is in the credits! I'm somebody now!

I too now sit and wait to be discovered.  8)

Igor Hardy

The voice of Merrick is hilarious - great work!

Baron

Quote from: Ascovel on Sun 30/10/2011 01:40:19
The voice of Merrick is hilarious - great work!

But that's ShiverMeSideways' everyday voice......    ;)

Top marks for him, too, fighting through illness to get hundreds of lines recorded in time for release.  What a guy!

Frodo

This looks amazing!   :D
Can't wait to play it. 

*starts downloading*

Tabata

Congrats on finishing this unique project, Baron!

Those who know some of the swarmers can imagine, how hard it must have been to handle this sack full of crazy fleas.

You did a great job here!

Peder 🚀

Awesome! Congrats on releasing it! ;D

NOW I demand a SOUNDTRACK! ;D. LOVE the music :P.

Grim

But... the Halloween has only just started! ;) I'm still at work... must wait to play it...

I'm really looking forward to it ( unless the background I made was removed and replaced by a better one, in that case doom on you! ;) ).

Secret Fawful

Congrats! So happy to see this got finished!

ShiverMeSideways

Congratulations to all the swarmies! While this game is a testament to what the AGS community can do, a gigantic thank you must go to Baron, who has been a gentleman and a trooper in putting this together - indeed, a great Swarm Daddy!

Also, thanks, Ascovel for the kind words :)

I have yet to finish the game, because, as usual, I got stuck!

Spoiler
I suck at adventure games soooo badly...
[close]

But I will, for true vampires never give up! * turns into a bat and flies away *

Icey

Hey Baron are you still planning to release the source later on?

kconan

Thanks Baron, and fellow swarm-ites.  8)

Ilyich

Yay, finally! Congratulations on the success of your mad experiment, Baron! We all laughed at you when you proposed the idea of the Swarm, but you showed us! YOU SHOWED US ALL!!  :D

And it resulted not in a stitched up monster/vampire/cyborg-thingy, but in a totally sweet byte-sized (see what I did there? ;)) adventure!

Okay, okay, let me try another pun: I thought it would end up a stitched up monster, but instead it ended up leaving me in stitches! ;D

Anyway, kudos to all of you swarmies, you've done a great job. Splendid production values all-round - from the wonderful art direction(and execution) to the hilarious writing and voiceacting. The puzzles and the idea itself were also very funny and inventive, and stereotipically adventure-gamer-minded, which makes it feel even more like a communal project. And that feels great. Thanks, it was a joy to play!

P.S. Awesome title. Especially the 'II' bit.

Snarky

Awesomeness!

Tons of credit to Baron for making this happen, for all his work, and for the original idea of making a bionic vampire game. But I'd also like to single out Hudders, who (as far as I can tell; I might be mistaken) wrote most of the dialog and many of the best jokes, and who provides some great, droll line readings. That really took the game to another level, I think.

And a big high five to all the rest of us! Go Swarm!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk