The Visitor

Started by NickyNyce, Mon 31/10/2011 13:17:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishy

I finished the game a few days ago (had to do it without hints seeing as the forums were down), and it was a really nice game. Although it's difficulty was a bit inconsistent, I enjoyed the graphics and the pacing.

I was actually under the impression that the game would be very crude due to the "Full Frontal Nudity" warning on the game's page, but yet I never came across any of the sort. Was that a mistake or am I missing something?

NickyNyce

Considering you see the girl naked from behind with the telescope, and if you found a way to prank your brother, you get the special cutscene at the end. I figured that would need the nudity rating. Maybe not, maybe I should change it.... This is my first game, I wasn't too sure what to do with the rating?

I'm glad you liked it BishyT, and I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

NickyNyce

Bishy

Quote from: NickyNyce on Thu 24/11/2011 04:18:11
Considering you see the girl naked from behind with the telescope, and if you found a way to prank your brother, you get the special cutscene at the end. I figured that would need the nudity rating. Maybe not, maybe I should change it.... This is my first game, I wasn't too sure what to do with the rating?

I'm glad you liked it BishyT, and I appreciate the feedback, thanks.

NickyNyce

Well, personally I take "Full Frontal Nudity" quite literally. xD If you don't see the front of a person, that would be brief/mild nudity. The secret scene would be more suggestive language/imagery (not sure if that's an actual rating, i've never uploaded a game onto AGS before).

Ghost

Quote from: BishyT on Wed 23/11/2011 23:55:38
I was actually under the impression that the game would be very crude due to the "Full Frontal Nudity" warning on the game's page, but yet I never came across any of the sort.

Still, there is FULL nudity... even Sideways Nudity, for which we do not have a rating*.  ;)
Quote from: NickyNyce on Mon 31/10/2011 13:17:33

m0ds

Side boob! Gnarly disgusting alien boob, that is.

NickyNyce

We need a rear nudity rating around here. The options for the sex/nudity catagory are

1) None
2) Suggestive dialog
3) Explicit dialog
4) frontal nudity
5) sex scenes

The Alien is naked during the game, and one does wonder where Agent Moss keeps all those inventory items ...

m0ds

Your game, plus Egress and Venator are reviewed here:
http://www.adventuregamers.com/article/id,1400

I particularly like this quote:

QuoteNo-one can accuse NickyNyce of lacking ambition in his first game

;D

NickyNyce

Very cool, this is way more fun then I thought. I guess this a good time to say that the Visitor 2 is in the works, should be done around the 1st to 2nd quarter of 2012. I'll soon place the Visitor 2 in the GIP thread along with the small demo.

Thanks for pointing this out m0ds, my friends and family will get a kick out of it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk