AdventureX 2011 roundup

Started by , Tue 01/11/2011 23:03:34

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

I'm not saying do it, get to the chopper - but if anyone is on the verge of getting a ticket, doing it today would really help the event out. I say that because the ticket system I'm using (but won't next time, most likely) cut off point for a payment that will fund the event is midnight tonight. The next payment they will make is after the event, despite me asking them to move it forward a few days, they simply cannot.

So if you want the videos, the Yahtzee audio clips, various emails with developer interviews for yourself & your name in the prize draw - please get a ticket or a stay at home ticket (which could cost you no more than £2). You can also get a ticket using PayPal - just PM me.

That said - the event is definitely happening: But I admit, it's happening on the minimal amount it could be done for, I have not reached the desired target for tickets, but I'm certainly not going to turn everyone away.

Many thanks!

m0ds

Thank you kind folk!! You know who you are :)

And now - you can FACEBOOK IT! Maybe. If I set the restrictions up correctly.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AdventureX-graphic-adventure-game-expo/283748635000877

Stupot

I'm gutted but I won't be able to make it.  Funds are tighter than I'd expected and it'd just not doable :'(
I will get a stay at home ticket though, and add something to the kitty. I should do that in the next hour, shouldn't I?

m0ds

Thank you Mr Pot! And other kind people. Yes, your timing was fine - thanks to everyone who gave to the kitty today. Some material will be with you kind people very soon, and then of course - the show will be on  :=

m0ds

Sent out a newsletter tonight via Eventbrite. If you have a spare moment to let me know if you got it or not, that would sort out my beta-testing brain quite a bit. Many thanks  :=

Stupot

Got it. Cheers man.  Good read :)

bicilotti

Chicky

I'm trying to sort out funds. I'll be there whatever but man am i skint.

cat

m0ds

Grreat - glad it worked! Thanks for letting me know  :)

m0ds

Would you believe it, bicilotti has kindly donated his AdventureX Pass to the cause. Because he's stuck in Italy during this event, he would like YOU to come along on his behalf!

So, there is one full ticket up for grabs.

And, because of his generosity, I'll get someone else a Stay At Home ticket for free.

So, if you can attend, for one day or two, and want a FREE ticket - tell me, WHY IS BICILOTTI SO DAMN COOL? The best answer, as chosen by the big man himself, will get a free ticket.

If you cannot attend, but still want a stay at home ticket, all you need to do is tell me in LESS THAN 10 WORDS why Adventure games are DEFINITELY not dead! The best answer, again, chosen by bicilotti (not that he knows this!) by the end of the week.

Post your answers in this thread, and good luck!!

Armageddon

I would like to try out for the stay at home ticket! :D

Adventure games are awesome and we have a great community.

I was going to say 'Tim Shafer isn't dead'. But, eh...

Chicky

Woo finally got money. I'll be there for CJ and Ali on the Sunday  :=

m0ds

Thanks chicken! And good luck Armageddon :)

m0ds

An update on AdventureX for December 8th:

On Saturday we will be joined by Neil Rennison of Tin Man Games who will talk to us about Gamebook Adventures, his successful iPad 'choose your own adventure'  games which recently picked up Judge Dredd/2000AD rights. Prizes have also been kindly supplied by Lace Mamba Global for this years event, which include copies of Tales of Monkey Island, Gray Matter, The Book of Unwritten Tales and 15 Days. One or two lucky people will also win a free game from TellTale Games Inc. !

For anyone who cannot attend in person - perhaps you'd be interested in getting a "stay at home" ticket. You will be sent the newsletter, all the video interviews from the event and other special things. You will also be put into the online prize draw! You can also show your support for this years event this way - and as such choose how much you're willing to pay for the ticket. If you don't want to use Eventbrite, just visit the "tickets" page and scroll down for info on obtaining an e-ticket using PayPal.

Thanks again for your kind support :)

AGS developers:

Very exciting stuff so thanks to everyone who's helping in some kind of way. I'll be sending out a PM hopefully later today to remind everyone who has agreed to send a build to the event. The deadline on that is next Thursday at the very latest, so feel free to PM me a version or email mark at screen7.co.uk the URL details. Thank YOU for taking part and answering interview questions and stuff! Yay!  := You will of course be sent your fair share of material from the event over Christmas as a thank you.

Anyone else with any kind of AGS build is welcome to send it over, if you're not tied down into another specific contract already ;) I'll do my best to show it at the event, and of course - I'd like to help give you that little extra exposure.

Why exhibit your build?
1. Demonstrate your game to others
2. Get your game mentioned in the media
3. Help show that the genre is alive
4. Show off all your neat code & tricks
5. Build business relationships
6. Meet/learn about other developers
7. Share your interest with others
8. Raise awareness of your products
9. Learn your customer/player needs
10. Meet your fans!

Peder 🚀

Bought a stay at home ticket!

I was gonna ask, are there no type of government funds etc for these type of things over here in the UK?
I guess it is something you should check out for the next one if you haven't already done so :P.

Ponch

Is this weekend too late to buy a stay at home ticket? Christmas shopping has tapped me out and I'll have to wait until my next payday if I'm going to have more than two shiny pennies to donate.  ;)

straydogstrut

Quote from: m0ds on Thu 08/12/2011 10:35:38
On Saturday we will be joined by Neil Rennison of Tin Man Games who will talk to us about Gamebook Adventures, his successful iPad 'choose your own adventure'  games
Particularly looking forward to this. I haven't played any of these games yet but the concept makes me all nostalgic :'(

Quote from: m0ds on Thu 08/12/2011 10:35:38
You will be sent the newsletter
So far, this alone has been worth the ticket price. The newsletters are awesome, especially the developer spotlights. I thoroughly enjoyed yesterday's one with NickyNyce :) I demand more! MORE!

m0ds

QuoteThe newsletters are awesome

Haha great, glad you've enjoyed them so far. The same can't be said about the formatting, but oh well, at least they contain information. And I agree, the Gamebooks stuff is intriguing - new to me, so I'm interested too! Thanks sir!

QuoteIs this weekend too late to buy a stay at home ticket?

Not at all Ponchypoo - they will be available up until the event itself. Thanks. I totally understand the Xmas shopping thing!

Quoteare there no type of government funds etc

Wa-hoot thanks Peder! No government funds I know of, it would have to be an arts programme - I could probably find a way to qualify, but it would still take months to secure it and even then it would most likely be on a list of 10 other things and only 1 would get funded.

Cheers for your replies!

Tenacious Stu

I'll now be attending on the Saturday and bringing a demo of the Bake Sale game Entrapment along with me. I'm looking forward to meeting up with other developers  ;D

Just wanted to say a thank you to m0ds for organising the event, it's a big step for AGS developers and fans of the games.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk