AdventureX 2011 roundup

Started by , Tue 01/11/2011 23:03:34

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Great! Updating the AdventureX website later after a family meal.

Armageddon - I think you win that stay at home ticket by default...please PM me your first name, last name & email address. Thanks!!

Broomie

Hello all, Infamous Adventures will be at the event as well presenting Space Quest II on the big screen. Be awesome to see a bunch of you down here and Space Quest II will be playable at the event. Be great to get some early opinions and such but importantly it'll be nice to have a good turnout. I've always liked the idea of an adventure game convention so big props to m0ds for organising it.
Broomie
Infamous Quests
http://www.infamous-quests.com
Kickstart Ventures
http://www.kickstartadventure.com
-------------------

magintz

I'll be coming along as well. Need to check my calendar as I may only be able to come on the Saturday. I've also posted a link to this on my IGDA (Independent Game Developers Association) forum in the hopes some people can't resist the chance to meet the dreamy Christopher Quentin Jones.

Within 5 minutes it already got a facebook like, so that's some serious s**t. I hope the venue can cope with the rush of ticket sales you're bout to get ;)
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

m0ds

Cheers Mr Cheers-holm... I think your actions may have sold a ticket! Woohoo! But thanks, and good to see you there at some point! CJ's autograph fee is 1 million...onion rings.

magintz

You're welcome Marky Mark

I just purchased my tickets. I will be there for two days.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Technocrat

Right, I've finally got my business cards all set for this! They'll include The Rail with them as well, so prod me for one while you're there!

m0ds

Great!! I got a bit held up yesterday but am "on it" today. Website is updated, get in touch with me today if you think I need to add anything else? Another newsletter a bit later on, with a sample from Yahtzee's speech :) And the all important, overly late reminder to developers to send me their builds in a wee while.

Wonkyth

I got a Stay At Home Ticket. I'm assume that has the same functionality as a Bum Around Ticket?
There wasn't the latter, so I'm hoping it will still work. =P
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"

m0ds

Quote from: Wonkyth on Tue 13/12/2011 10:34:30
I got a Stay At Home Ticket. I'm assume that has the same functionality as a Bum Around Ticket?
There wasn't the latter, so I'm hoping it will still work. =P

It is indeed :) Thank you! Just keep an eye on your emails!

M

m0ds

Any games, playable or rolling demos please send them to me by Friday mid-day GMT! mark@screen7.co.uk
(or link me in a PM) and thanks to everyone who already has, woo!

Cirius

I'll be there, representing www.thereticule.com, and I can't wait.

Much respect is due for Mark for actually putting this one together, and for everyone who's actually submitting a build to the event.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Nick

Technocrat

The Rail is finished, build is sent in, let's get this party started! (in two days)

Igor Hardy

Wish you a great time guys! I hope it will only the first AdventureX in a longer series, so I can join in in the future.

m0ds

Thank you Igor! I hope it can blossom from here on too :)

Thank you Technocrat, great to have you make a game in time for AdventureX!!

And thanks Nick - nice to know who it is you're representing.

See you all at the weekend! Looking forward to it :)

Azure

See you all then, I managed to convince two other friends to come as well  ;D
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

m0ds

Good stuff, thanks Azure!

Note to developers: I've moved the deadline forward a bit to 6pm tonight as things have gone pretty smoothly. Appreciate everyone who struggled to get something to me for 12 (Ethan - it's not too late ;))

cat

Too bad I can't be there. I hope you will keep us updated what is happening via newsletters or you might even tell us on irc what's going on.

straydogstrut

Hopefully heading off to catch the train to Didcot in less than an hour so the excitement/nervousness is mounting!

How many confirmed attendees do we have now? :)

Azure

Quote from: cat on Fri 16/12/2011 12:17:37
Too bad I can't be there. I hope you will keep us updated what is happening via newsletters or you might even tell us on irc what's going on.

Perhaps we need to get a #adventureX going on on twitter, so we can tweet about the day and stay at home people can contribute?
www.voiceacting.space - Casting Calls for voice actors

m0ds

Quoteheading off to catch the train to Didcot in less than an hour so the excitement/nervousness is mounting!

Best oxymoron I've ever read! :P But have a safe journey, and enjoy your evening in Didcot. I'll be at the venue from 10am, see you tomorrow!

QuotePerhaps we need to get a #adventureX going on on twitter, so we can tweet about the day and stay at home people can contribute?

That would be great. Sadly there isn't going to be internet access per se so it's whatever you can do to aquire connectivity. I'm pretty sure the venue doesn't have wifi, but tweeting from smart phones is a good idea. But any suggestions or if anything needs to be set up feel free to do it or let me know if help is needed!

Of course, a roundup will be sent to ticket buyers on Sat evening and Sun evening, with full reports during the week leading up to Christmas (and beyond, I'm sure). As much material as possible will come your way.

Stay at home tickets end THIS Sunday so if you still want the material exclusively do get one, or better still, come along!

Edit: Between 20-30 people over the two days (Sunday will probably be busier)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk