Venator

Started by sthomannch, Wed 02/11/2011 20:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

sthomannch

Filled the blue cup and
Spoiler

with the spectral essence, got the safe key and a few other items. Now for the cursors. Tried the numbers that haven't been crossed out on the calendar and also the numbers on the black board in the next room.
[close]

Spoiler

Bottles...
[close]

Shadow1000

I'm pretty stuck myself:

Spoiler
I've been in the building and found his secret wall, I have the hourglass, candlestick, chalk, doll, whiskey. I found the book (that I can't read), I lit the candle in the library, i drew the pentacle.
[close]

But:

Spoiler
the spirit leader keeps telling me to control my uncle and I keep saying I'll check the house. What am I looking for??
[close]

I don't see any way to proceed at this point.

SHADOW

sthomannch

Shadow
exhaust all dialogues (all spirits)
Spoiler

the ghost you called tells you that you have to cast a spell, but you don't know any. Your uncle does, but he doesn't tell you, because he wants that you do everything on your own
[close]
tried to burn the doll or to cut off a leg?
Spoiler

put the doll on the ground (hotspot) and give enough whiskey, then talk to the doll. Again, exhaust all dialogues
[close]

Shadow1000

Thank you! I was able to continue.

It didn't occur to me to
Spoiler
try to burn the voodoo doll
[close]

Great game...really enjoying it.

SHADOW

Shadow1000

Ok stuck again.

Spoiler
When I drew the pentacle near the coffin, the chalk disappeared. The book is telling me to draw a pentacle near the spectral puddles but I can't without chalk!
[close]

SHADOW

sthomannch

Shadow, you don't need it anymore
Spoiler

if you have "the stones that show the time", you can tell the puddle (talk icon) to draw a pentagram, like the druid stones explained. You also need the candle and have to light it, and for all places you need an item that originated from the time of the event in question
[close]

Shadow1000

I thought that the stones referring to:

Spoiler
the hourglass
[close]

but putting that in the puddle does nothing....

SHADOW

sthomannch

I did
Spoiler

first talk to the puddle, then you should see the pentagram, place the hourglass, candle, and an item belonging to that time. Light the candle.
[close]
Perhaps
Spoiler

you have to go to the Druid's stone and answer all questions ("Yes, I have"). I don't know, but it could be that you have to answer correctly to get the spells, which you also need to complete the procedures
[close]

Shadow1000

Ohh...

Spoiler
I had already tried speaking to the puddles with no luck. Then I did a few more rounds of talking to the book which I guess allowed me to talk to the puddle again. It's hard to know exactly what triggers the ability to do certain things.
[close]

SHADOW

sthomannch

Shadow
Spoiler

activate the book (cursor) and use it on the Druid's stone. Exhaust all dialogues, and answer yes if you have the items it asks for. Try to open the conversation again. I can only guess what ist missing
[close]

Shadow1000

Yes, that's what I did prior to my post. What I was saying in the post is that I probably missed some dialog option.

Thank you!

SHADOW

Nick of All Trades

I am stuck pretty much at the beginning.

Spoiler

I have opened and entered the window. I have the bone, the knife, the blue cup, the yellow paper, the voodoo doll and the schedule for the cemetary, and perhaps some other things. I can't enter the cemetery and... that's about it.
[close]

sthomannch

Nick
Spoiler

Do you have the medaillon? If not, go back to the library. Read everything carefully.
[close]

Spoiler

Look at the clock and the bust. You can act on both of them
[close]

Khris

Stuck at the same place as Nick, minus the bone.

Spoiler
Can't seem to do anything to the clock or the bust.
[close]

sthomannch

Perhaps you didn't read everything and didn't exhaust all dialogues
Spoiler

the clock can be set to 12, and you can press the buttons on the bust.

Who is to be expected at 12.00?
[close]

Tabata

Did you read the
Spoiler
yellow paper
[close]
You need to prepare it first.

Nick of All Trades

Spoiler
I am now stuck at the safe. I can't seem to open it, and the medallion puzzle... kind of make sense, but none of the answers for the last sequence seems to be correct...
[close]

sthomannch

Nick
Spoiler

Did you find the key? For the cursors I suggest you examine the wine bottles
[close]

Cogliostro

How do I light the candle.  I have the motivation, the candle, and a burnign fireplace, but every time I try and light it in the fireplace, he refuses.

- Cogliostro

EDIT

Spoiler

I missed the matchbook on the desk!!

[close]
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Cogliostro

Where is the key for the safe?  I'm trying to NOT use the medallion, but I can't find that key anywhere.

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk