Jibble

Author Topic: AGS engine Android port  (Read 267094 times)

Olleh19

• I'm an AGS n00b, please don't kill me
Re: AGS engine Android port
« Reply #920 on: 07 Oct 2020, 18:40 »
game.agf - this is your game project file for the AGS editor, you do not need to distribute it.

This whole thread is a great mess, and should be locked and reopened with up to date information. I could perhaps do this after I deal with current issues.

I dont think this has anything to do with device model, it's probably that Launcher program has some inconveniencies.
I keep forgetting what the game file should be named to make this work, I must test this with emulator first.

You did see that i tried rename the file right? So that did not work, unfortunaly. I tried with the exe left in the folder, and without. Same outcome.

And YES you are absolutely right. I Wanted to try to build a APK turns out all this does is "play the game on the phone" which is FINE by me. I want to be able to TRY it, but i also would like to try and BUILD a game that works as an APK.
Such information would be REALLY cool to find on here, if there is such information.

« Reply #921 on: 07 Oct 2020, 18:48 »
OK, I OPEN AGS launcher, i see "windows" THEN i click windows and now i get  Error: "ERROR: Unable to find game data files

Sorry, but could you double check that this is the error message? I need exact wording to find it in the engine.

Also, where did you download AGS Launcher APK from?

E: Building your own APK is also possible, but that's done completely differently.

Olleh19

« Reply #922 on: 07 Oct 2020, 19:13 »
OK, I OPEN AGS launcher, i see "windows" THEN i click windows and now i get  Error: "ERROR: Unable to find game data files

Sorry, but could you double check that this is the error message? I need exact wording to find it in the engine.

Also, where did you download AGS Launcher APK from?

E: Building your own APK is also possible, but that's done completely differently.

Thanks for your replies. By accident i thought i would visit ags homepage and download a new launcher, turns out there was a new one released just recently.
It's working fine now on S7 phone. Maybe write in the new thread to ALWAYS use the LATEST version of the launcher.

HOWEVER in my s6 phone it crashes with the same apk latest launcher! If you want the error message for that here is that error:

I click the language i want in my game and then it crashes cause of a object animation. This is the exact message (same game but different phone).

Error: Unable to create local script: Runtime error: unresolved import 'Object::Animate'6'

« Reply #923 on: 07 Oct 2020, 19:22 »
Error: Unable to create local script: Runtime error: unresolved import 'Object::Animate'6'

This is not an android error, but may mean that game was compiled with newer editor than the engine is.

The latest APK (at this date) should be on this page: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58466.0
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2020, 19:27 by Crimson Wizard »

Olleh19

« Reply #924 on: 07 Oct 2020, 19:56 »

This is not an android error, but may mean that game was compiled with newer editor than the engine is.

The latest APK (at this date) should be on this page: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=58466.0

Thank you very much!