[RELEASED] Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back

Started by pcj, Mon 07/11/2011 19:02:46

Previous topic - Next topic

pcj

We've been slowly working on VSB on and off for about 9 years now and it's finally entering beta stage.  It's gone through several different iterations but we've come up with something awesome.

If you don't know what VSB is, here's a brief plot intro:

Roger Wilco and Beatrice Wankmeister are in the middle of an important conversation when they are interrupted by an apeman sent by a reincarnation of Vohaul.  Roger soon discovers that he must once again stop Vohaul from destroying the galaxy.

We're looking for a few beta testers to help iron out any last few bugs before release.  We ask for serious testers only, we want to get all the bugs out of the way so everyone can enjoy a bug-free game.  Prior experience with beta testing is a plus.   Please send me a PM if you're interested.

A couple of screenshots:

Any comments/questions are also welcome.  Thank you.

EDIT: We are now full on beta testers but comments are still welcome.
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Alarconte

If there is work for beta testers in a good Space Quest fan game I'm definitly into it!

The screens has a strange aspect for the why usually is SQ, but not important!
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

DrSlash

You won' believe how glad I am that VSB is still in production! That's my favorite SQ fan game! :D
I am currently beta testing SQ2 remake, but I surely can find time tor test your game (if you are interested, of course). I have a huge experience of beta testing.

Cyrus

The first screenshot reminds me a bit of Vampyre story  ;)

LuciferSam86

Awesome!!!
Question: this game is it a sequel of original Space Quest saga, like a Space Quest 7?
God is Real, unless declared Integer

mjomble

Quote from: merlin86 on Wed 09/11/2011 12:29:12
Awesome!!!
Question: this game is it a sequel of original Space Quest saga, like a Space Quest 7?

In the timeline, it takes place an unspecified amount of time after Space Quest 6.
There was a time when we considered it a sequel to the fan-made SQ7. But that was cancelled and ultimately we decided to just leave it numberless.
You should play Vohaul Strikes Back and Incinerations (they both happen to be fan made Space Quest sequels made with AGS).
And then tell everybody on the planet about them. And off the planet.

The Hero

I will wait for you in heaven

qptain Nemo

pcj

The Hero

I will wait for you in heaven

deadsuperhero

I have nothing better to do right now. I could help in playtesting if you'd like. :)
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

pcj

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 11/11/2011 09:02:44
This looks terribly amazing.  :D

Thanks!

Quote from: DeadSuperHero on Fri 11/11/2011 05:46:24
I have nothing better to do right now. I could help in playtesting if you'd like. :)

Send me a PM if you're interested.

doctorfargo

Darth Mandarb

The Game is Released!  Congrats on finishing such a labor of love!

>> COMPLETED GAMES THREAD <<

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk