Egress - The Test of STS-417

Started by Sughly, Sat 12/11/2011 07:42:14

Previous topic - Next topic

slimcane

Very nice game!  I have always enjoyed the point and click style games of the past.  This one captures that classic gaming spirit very well!  The music and the animations are well done!

Sughly

Thanks for the kind words people! Abibliophobe, I love it when people really hit the nail on the head with what I was going for like you did, makes me realise that despite a few flaws I managed to make the game I wanted people to play. Cue moment of pride!

Noctambulo

Well, I didn't had a problem with the door puzzle at all! I'm just awesome!!!!!

... Ok, ok... It was a LOT of luck, but still counts, right?  :P

PS: I enjoyed the game. It was kinda a mix between "alien", "9", "the astronaut wife" and "Species 2"...

Xionix

I really wanted to try this game, but for some reason I can't. It starts on a black screen and then nothing happens :(
I tried in a netbook, not know if that might be the problem.

guneyozsan

Great game and story. I felt the atmosphere very well as if I am reading an interesting book.

A few critics:
Spoiler
A little frustrated in the beginning because time for trying a hole takes too much time and doing it repetitevily is boring. Maybe you can half the time after the first trial.
[close]

Spoiler
There were some very good ones but more alteration of dialog (together with philosophy) in subsequent runs would give more things to explore, at least like reading a book. Otherwise, second run quickly becomes a self satisfaction run. Changes in Jacobs behavior would be freaky.
[close]

Quote from: Sughly on Sat 26/11/2011 01:59:49
Problem is it seems I disguised it TOO well!

Spoiler
I can suggest making the lights with the same geometry of the buttons. It would help creating analogies. But I am not sure about tje light above the panel. Maybe its size can be closer to the ones on the door.
[close]

guneyozsan

Ah, forgot to mention. Music is great and adds much to the mood.

The game definetely needs a full screen version. Seeing my desktop on the edges kills the atmosphere.

Steeelz

First of all - thanks for a great game - it's a rare miracle this days. My navigation was not so good (4th try), but i'v got an excellence in leadership :) and released on 1st attempt, but door logic is just off my understanding. Seriously, i don't need first spoiler - it's obvious, but second - it makes me respond here:
Quote from: Sughly on Sat 26/11/2011 01:59:49
Yeah I'm sorry for the frustration guys, people getting stuck on the light panel has become a pretty common issue with the game. It was slightly different to begin with, but then I thought it was TOO easy and tried to disguise the answer. Problem is it seems I disguised it TOO well!
For those that have given up, here's the solution...
Spoiler
The number of lights on the panel just refers to the number of lights in the room. The horizontal button represents horizontal lights, and the vertical button represents vertical lights. You have to include the light above the panel too, not just the ones around the door!
[close]

Hope that helps! Thanks for playing guys ;D
Hmm.. the trick with a panel light is far beyond logic - it's just a mean to use hammer :)

Sughly

Hey thanks for playing guys! Really glad you liked it, means a lot  :-D

Gendgi

Oh man, just finished playing this, amazing graphics, music ans story, thank you for making this!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk