*Festive* Dependency on AGS Forums Revealed... *Ho Ho Ho*

Started by Ali, Mon 21/11/2011 20:04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

In the last few days a fog descended on the UK, seemingly engulfing the AGS forums. It made me realise that I check the boards embarrassingly frequently.

I hope the rest of you used the down-time as an opportunity for reflection and quiet meditation.

m0ds

Here come the forums.. OF CRACK!

Quotequiet meditation

+1

But no, I got very drunk*.

Welcome back  :=

* Edit don't let it fool you I did still do plenty of AGS stuff  8)

Peder 🚀

I've been close to death because of the downtime!
Luckely though I've been pretty busy working on AGS Archives :)

Snarky

I was committed to a padded cell within twelve hours. Couldn't let me out until the forums got back up.

So... kinda?

But yeah, is there no way we can stop this from happening?

Dualnames

I committed suicide. No jk, lololololololo.

I mean, I didn't really care THAT much, but I certainly clicked on the bookmark around 20 times.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Chicky

It's been a hard weekend without you guys. Group hug!

Has anyone else found production on their AGS project increase? I'm not sure why, but i felt the need to push pixels all weekend.

Oh and AGS, don't mind Dualnames, he's still a bit sore. I care, a lot. Don't break down again x

Ghost

Quote from: Chicky on Mon 21/11/2011 20:20:50
Has anyone else found production on their AGS project increase? I'm not sure why, but i felt the need to push pixels all weekend.

Second that, it *helps* focussing, but I still missed that soothing blue screen!

Matagot

Hi there!!!  ;D

I'm new to the forums!
I thought I'd make this my first post in this thread since I completely freaked out at the forums 'downtime'.

Here I was, weeks ago, checking out the AGS website, filled with excitement and enthusiasm at the prospect of finally achieving one of my biggest goals in life: To make an adventure game!

So off I went, writing down as many ideas of what kind of game to design, looking at how to use AGS and checking out other peoples excellent games and so on.

Then the downtime came.....

..... UTTER DESPAIR!!!!! My dreams slipping through my fingers!!!!! OH THE PAIN! THE PAIN!!!! :o :o :o

But anyway.
I'm kinda glad other users are experiencing the same thing and that it is not my computer laughing at me.

But I'm more than glad to finally post here  ;D ;D ;D

Hoping to eventually share my ideas with you guys!!!!

Matagot

Dualnames

Matagot, welcome aboard, and yeah forum downtimes are kinda like m0ds. You never know when and where he's gonna pop up from.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

DBoyWheeler

Man, has Ad Avis cast a spell to screw with the forum or something?   ;D

Tabata

Nice to see you all again

How to survive hard times without the AGS-family?

When the Forum is down we all have hard times!
It always make me terrible headaches:

What do you do (if you don't wear tight leather pants, being busy with baking sweets ) not to get crazy during those times?

Any good ideas or experiences about substitutes?

Snake

Welcome Metagot!

Yeah, I've been missing the forums pretty badly. I've checked and checked this place about... actually, there is no way I could make any sort of estimate. I checked A LOT. A couldn't stop.

QuoteI committed suicide. No jk, lololololololo.
LOL!

Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Domino

I am also guilty of checking to see if the Forums were back up and running constantly.

Welcome back for now.  :)

LimpingFish

Without the forums, all I had left to occupy myself with were the voices in my head.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

LUniqueDan

We're all addicted. At least I am.
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Nikolas

Even if I don't post, I checked every hour to see if the forums are back... (Plus they are still my homepage after a good number of years...)... Welcome back forum and people I've known for the past 7 years or so...

LUniqueDan

Wow an ATOTK avatar ! That was so 2000's.  ;)
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Nikolas

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Mon 21/11/2011 21:37:43
hahaha!

I think it might be true...

Once Resonance is released I'll switch to my avatar for the 2010s... :P

Vince Twelve

Quote from: Nikolas on Mon 21/11/2011 21:52:40
Once Resonance is released I'll switch to my avatar for the 2010s... :P

Yeah, like that'll ever happen.

Igor Hardy

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Mon 21/11/2011 21:37:43

And all this time I thought it's a picture of Saint Nicholas.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk