Adventure games are fun and historical atrocities are sad.

Started by Ali, Mon 28/11/2011 14:27:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Adventure games are lots of fun.

Historical atrocities are profoundly sad.

Those are my opinions and I don't care if they're too 'controversial' for you. Lock this thread if you like, but I won't allow my well-researched beliefs to be suppressed!

Calin Leafshade

I think you need to take your hard line attitudes elsewhere. People like you are not welcome here.

monkey0506

Clearly the fact that dozens of developers here, larger companies like TellTale Games, indie companies like Wadjet Eye Games, and literally thousands of people around the world have, within the last decade, hell, within the last 5 years, within the last 2 years even, made or played adventure games, that fact proves that adventure games are dead. That's why LucasArts made the Special Editions of the Monkey Island games. That's why Monkey Island 2 is widely regarded as being one of the best adventure games of all time, despite how blatantly horrible of a game it is (although we all know that The Secret of Monkey Island is and always will be better). That's why Steam is accepting more and more adventure games into their library (including games like Gemini Rue, Puzzlebots, Ben There Dan That, and others). Clearly this genre is deader than a doornail and anyone who finds any enjoyment in that which is dead is a liar and a masochist.

Speaking of being a liar, a masochist, and finding enjoyment in that which is dead, historical atrocities are clearly a lie. Nothing in the past even happened! Hakuna matata fools! The past doesn't even exist except as a figment of our imaginations!

Oh and do not say I am a liar or a troll or try and contend anything I have said in any way or I will know that you are a liar and a troll and a masochist and demand that you need to be banned from the Internet for attacking me without reason.

[/troll]

Ponch

Quote from: Ali on Mon 28/11/2011 14:27:35

I can't believe what I'm reading! What sort of twaddle is this? Next you'll expect me to believe that we actually landed on the moon!

This is an outrage!  >:(

Ali

Stop trolling me guys. You're only attacking me because I'm dyslexic.

I mean, I'm not actually dyslexic, but I'm still deeply offended.

monkey0506

What you don't even realize is that I'm crying because you just attacked me without any good reason.

Well, I'm not really crying, but if I was then you would feel bad.

And, I guess you didn't really attack me so much as state your own feelings an opinions, but you should feel bad for disagreeing with me.

But man, if I was really crying because you did really attack me, oh man, I'd have to like, get the cyber police to backtrace your IP or something.

Ghost

I shall test that theory.

*Ghost picks up a copy of AGS.*
*Ghost picks up a flamethrower.*

InCreator

Adventure games might be fun, but not fun enough to be fun.
Historical atrocities are absolutely fun and not sad.

Proof? Sales numbers of Call of Duty series.
BAM!

Intense Degree

That is based on entirely fabricated evidence.

Nicholas Cage told me the Call of Duty series doesn't exist.

Dualnames

Guys i know how we can revive the genre, as long as my computer doesn't run out of power, while I typ-
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Buckethead

Quote from: Intense Degree on Mon 28/11/2011 16:19:18

Nicholas Cage told me the Call of Duty series doesn't exist.

oh yeah? This one time I was in the city and Nicolas Cage was running by screaming "I'm a vampire! I'm a vampire!".

What do you have to say about that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

m0ds

You know what's even worse? Disabled people. I for one scorn their existence. That and people who work 9-5.

Oh and Jews. All three parties are clearly accountable for the death of the adventure genre. That is, if you can prove the adventure genre ever happened in the first place.

the game hackademic

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 29/11/2011 00:50:09
You know what's even worse? Disabled people. I for one scorn their existence.

That's what you said earlier.

Hope someone pisses in your f**ked up ears, too.

Enjoy it whilst you can bigshot, the same way I'm going to enjoy the birds singing this morning.

And I'm enjoying ranting. And I'm enjoying swearing at you, and many other things, such as the pretence as to me caring what you or others think about me. I'm not selling anything. Peeps here know I don't like trolls nor people who make other members start swearing."

I like how you justified it by saying that because other people started swearing at me, so I deserved to be sworn at. Do you beat up people in wheelchairs and say it's justified because they made you angry by being in wheelchairs? Did you feel relieved when I said I wasn't really disabled, or were you just disappointed?

the game hackademic

Those are my opinions and I don't care if they're too 'controversial' for you. Lock this thread if you like, but I won't allow my well-researched beliefs to be suppressed!

What about when they overlap? Did you know the existence of Atlantis is supported by as much evidence as the holocaust. In other words, FOA trivialized the genocide of atlanteans! Was that fun?

Wyz

Jezus christ, this is ridiculous! Come to think even in this day of age. I was starting to think that slowly but certain this kind of ideas would perish along with the stupidity that fed them but I guess I was wrong.

Why can't we accept, as a human race, that adventure games are death, will remain so and in fact, have been death all along. It's like looking at a banana and saying it is in fact yellow, and not purple as we all know and all people who claim otherwise have been misinformed. Well, we all know that the bananas are coloured yellow in the factory. But is that what we see? When we look at an adventure game, don't we all see that we're looking at something that has no potential at all? We have been tricked into believing it ever had, and even more so, we have been tricked into believing they ever were played by the crowds.

In fact this has been fabricated, there is no proof anyone ever played an adventure game. Sure if you ask around you will find people who claim they have played them, but millions will tell you they never played them, and that proves it. So let's just all ignore this topic and don't write a three paragraph long post about what is wrong with it!
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

LUniqueDan

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ghost

LUniqueDan

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ponch

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 29/11/2011 17:31:49
Quote from: Ponch on Tue 29/11/2011 17:16:44
Trolls like you should be banned.  ;)

Your banner should be trolled  ;D

Don't be jealous of my banner. I'm proud of my trophies. And if I want to be an obnoxious bastard about it, then that's my right.  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk