Metal Dead

Started by WalkThruWalls, Wed 21/12/2011 02:39:22

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkThruWalls

Metal Dead is nominated for two Aggie Awards over at Adventure Gamers:

2011 Aggie Award Nominees

We were lucky to score nominations for "Best Independent Adventure Game" and "Best Writing - Comedy".  We're just honored to be considered because the competition is absolutely incredible.

Also, we'd love it if people who've played Metal Dead could give us some votes or comments on our AGS page  at:

Metal Dead

It would be much appreciated.  :)

Stupot

I noticed Metal Dead is part of a zombie themed bundle called Bundle4Dead.
4 zombie games for 4 dollars.  Sounds good to me :D

WalkThruWalls

Metal Dead is currently part of the Bundle in a Box Adventure Bundle along with: Gemini Rue, Ben There Dan That/Time Gentlemen, Please!, The Shivah, 1893: A World's Fair Mystery, and The Sea Will Claim Everything (made exclusively for the bundle).

That's a lot of point and clicking for such a low price!  :-D

ThreeOhFour

Yeah, just picked it up this morning!

Enjoying it very much so far :D

selmiak

why does it say pay what you want if there is a minimum price? I know it's pretty low and you get great value for quite little money, but it's just wrong...

Igor Hardy

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 26/05/2012 14:40:22
why does it say pay what you want if there is a minimum price? I know it's pretty low and you get great value for quite little money, but it's just wrong...

Yeah, it should be called "pay the minimum price, or what you want, in case you want to pay more than the minimum price". "ptmpowyticywtpmttmp" for short. ;)

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: ThreeOhFour on Thu 24/05/2012 06:50:40
Yeah, just picked it up this morning!

Enjoying it very much so far :D

Great to hear! And thanks for the write up on your blog. Love your games too!  :-D

ThreeOhFour

Just finished this today. Loved it! So many cool moments that had me laughing aloud and I actually found it a really fun and exciting game (the story climax made me actually shout "WHAT THE F*CK!? hahahahahaha" really loudly, just ask Grundislav who was skyping with me at the time). I love the whole setup, the gameplay was all fun, good puzzles to solve all of which made perfect sense to me and I found it rewarding to explore all the areas in the game.

One small criticism:

Spoiler
I had trouble finding the right hotspot when trying to open the cupboard for the doctor. I clicked the cupboard all over many times, the doc wouldn't let me open it. Only when I clicked the tiny handle did it work - I actually thought this was a bug and that I wasn't going to be able to finish the game
[close]

Other than that, this is one of the best adventures I have played in forever. Please tell me you're working on another game!

EchosofNezhyt

I decided to download the demo and check it out, Nice job guys!

:D

WalkThruWalls

Metal Dead is finally available on Steam - 66% off for the first 6 days, 6 hours, and 6 minutes!

Metal Dead on the Steam Store

We just wanted to thank the AGS community for all the support we've had over the long life of this game (it's truly undead)... and as a token of gratitude, we thought we'd dump a few Steam keys for whoever grabs 'em first.

X0E0M-93XTV-GL5TD
6G3LT-T9KR6-C9CVE
45ZZD-AZ5AT-LZ6NZ
EHMCR-8VF8G-G876W
5VPQ9-7JZ8G-0257P

Thanks guys!

Adeel

Thank you for your generosity. I took the second last one. :)

Spoiler
EHMCR-8VF8G-G876W
[close]

LimpingFish

Thanks! I took 45ZZD-AZ5AT-LZ6NZ.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

kconan

Thanks!  I took 5VPQ9-7JZ8G-0257P.

Oh, and I'll be sure to spread the word a bit in return :cool:

WalkThruWalls

Awesome, enjoy the game guys. :)

The Last To Know

Thank you, I took the first one (X0E0M-93XTV-GL5TD).

Haggis

Wow! Thank you - I took the second code (6G3LT-T9KR6-C9CVE).
Fantastic game.

Tabata

for the release!

I've been too slow to catch a steam-key, but nonetheless I catched the game  :grin:

... off now to play and catch some ...  ... fun

Frodo

WalkThruWalls... any plans for submitting the game to GOG?  :smiley:

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 08/10/2014 01:58:48
WalkThruWalls... any plans for submitting the game to GOG?  :smiley:

There were... until they were shot down - GOG does not sell games priced under $5.99. Just an FYI for anyone planning to sell their game on there!

Duzz

Congrats on the Steam release! I bought it a while ago and that reminded me that I never ended up finishing it. Just finished then, and the ending was awesome!

I'm really psyched for the sequel, I checked it out at PAX Aus last year, are you exhibiting again this time around?
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk