WalkThruWalls

Walk Thru Walls Studios Presents

BUY FULL GAME FROM STEAM
BUY FULL GAME FROM DESURA

http://www.walkthruwalls.com

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

GAME

Metal Dead is a comedic, heavy metal influenced, apocalyptic point'n'click adventure game packed with everyone's favorite undead creatures, zombies!

This twisted tale centers on two metal-heads in the midst of a zombie invasion. After crashing their car in front of a medical research facility, they become trapped and are forced to use their wits to puzzle their way to freedom. Along the way, they must deal with a cast of characters who range from mildly deranged to completely insane.

FEATURES

Metal Dead is a full-length old school adventure game, featuring:

- Over 40 interactive rooms
- 17 unique, quirky characters
- 13 Achievements
- Built-in hint system
- Fully orchestrated midi soundtrack
- Extensive novel-length script packed with comedy goodness

PRESS

Alternative Magazine Online
"Walk Thru Walls Studios have launched with an inspired debut effort... Stuffing a zombie head down your pants has never been so much fun!" - 8.5/10

Adventure Gamers
"This first outing by two-man developer Walk Thru Walls floored me pretty much across the board with its humorous, gory, zombie-filled romp." - 4/5

The Reticule
"Admittedly, the zombie genre is getting a little long in the tooth, but Metal Dead approaches the apocalyptic with a fresh style and comic humour throughout." - 4/5 (Head Shot)

A Hardy Developer's Journal
"Metal Dead is a fun parody of the zombie survival genre, showing just how versatile adventure games can be." - 4/5

GameCola
"The narrative combines horror and comedy elements to provide a story that is both entertaining and surprisingly poignant at times." - 7/10

Capsule Computers
"Metal Dead will win you over � no questions asked." - 7/10

2011 Aggie Award Nominees
Nominated for two Aggies: "Best Writing - Comedy" and "Best Independent Adventure Game"!

Ubel

Finally! Bought it and will post my thoughts later when I've played it some. :)

Big congrats on releasing it! Hope it does well.

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: Pablo on Wed 21/12/2011 07:51:09
Finally! Bought it and will post my thoughts later when I've played it some. :)

Big congrats on releasing it! Hope it does well.

Thank you for the kind words, hope you enjoy it!

On a side note, we're also now available on Desura.

http://www.desura.com/games/metal-dead

Catch22Alk3

I bought Metal Dead from Desura; however, when I try to play it I get an error which says, "There was a problem initializing graphics mode 800 x 600 (32-bit). (Problem: 'The requested adapter mode is not supported') Try to correct the problem, or seek help from the AGS homepage.  Possible causes: *your graphics card drivers do not support this resolution.  Run the game setup program and try the other resolution.  The graphics driver you have selected does not work.  Try switching between Direct3D and DirectDraw.  The graphics filter you have selected does not work.  Try another filter.

Normally, I can run the game setup program to fix this problem by changing the Direct3D to DirectDraw; however, I cannot or do not know how to access the game setup program with Desura.  Please help!

WalkThruWalls

Sorry to hear about the setup problems. :(
The game should be installed in the Desura folder just like Steam. So if you head to where ever you installed Desura:

Desura > Common > Metal Dead

The winsetup file should be in there and you should be able to change the settings or even run the game straight from the exe if you so desire.
Hope that helps you out. If you have any other problems pm me anytime.

Catch22Alk3

thank you thank you thank you!

Catch22Alk3

I love how the guy on the third floor is named DXM and he's in a trance. I got that drug reference immediately.

Trapezoid

Solid game! I dug the cute graphics, the setting, the jokes. The puzzles were mostly pretty simple but I still got stumped a few times. Definitely worth the bucks.

theo

Hey congrats on releasing this! I wish I somehow could find the time to actually play games.  ;D

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: theo on Sat 07/01/2012 22:26:10
Hey congrats on releasing this! I wish I somehow could find the time to actually play games.  ;D

Thanks so much.  ;D

By the way, The Journey Down was a big inspiration for us. Absolutely gorgeous game you have there.

The Suitor

I just purchased this, but only had time to play for a few. I love what I see so far! I really hope you guys are succesful in sales. I'll try and spread the word around to what few people I know! :D

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: The Suitor on Sun 08/01/2012 01:32:21
I just purchased this, but only had time to play for a few. I love what I see so far! I really hope you guys are succesful in sales. I'll try and spread the word around to what few people I know! :D

Thanks! Any help is much appreciated! ;D

Also, our first review is up now:

"Stuffing a zombie head down your pants has never been so much fun!"

Frodo

Just bought this from Indievania - http://www.indievania.com/games/metal-dead - but it's downloading as a 1[1] file (whatever that is   ???), so Windows doesn't recognise it.  I can't even unzip it or open it.   :(

How do I make this work in Windows?

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: Frodo on Thu 12/01/2012 11:36:17
Just bought this from Indievania - http://www.indievania.com/games/metal-dead - but it's downloading as a 1[1] file (whatever that is   ???), so Windows doesn't recognise it.  I can't even unzip it or open it.   :(

How do I make this work in Windows?

That's really odd. Check your private messages.

Frodo

Quote from: WalkThruWalls on Thu 12/01/2012 23:56:21
That's really odd. Check your private messages.

Got the PM, thanks   ;D

Played a bit of it, and I LOVE IT!   :D

Love the graphics style.  And the conversation in the car is hilarious.  And the excitement when he kills his first zombie... lol.   :D

Excellent game   ;D

Cirius

Absolutely hilarious game from start to finish. Been waiting for this one since its announcement.

Review below
http://www.thereticule.com/metal-dead-the-verdict/

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: Cirius on Sun 22/01/2012 13:54:06
Absolutely hilarious game from start to finish. Been waiting for this one since its announcement.

Review below
http://www.thereticule.com/metal-dead-the-verdict/

Thanks again for the awesome review.  ;D

WalkThruWalls

A demo of Metal Dead is now available over at Gamefront:

Metal Dead Demo

And here's a quick review roundup:

"Walk Thru Walls Studios have launched with an inspired debut effort... Stuffing a zombie head down your pants has never been so much fun!" - 8.5/10

Adventure Gamers
"This first outing by two-man developer Walk Thru Walls floored me pretty much across the board with its humorous, gory, zombie-filled romp." - 4/5

The Reticule
"Admittedly, the zombie genre is getting a little long in the tooth, but Metal Dead approaches the apocalyptic with a fresh style and comic humour throughout." - 4/5 (Head Shot)

The Indie Shelter
"Recommended for adventure lovers as much for those who want to take their first steps into the genre." - 8/10

GameCola
"The narrative combines horror and comedy elements to provide a story that is both entertaining and surprisingly poignant at times." - 7/10

Capsule Computers
"Metal Dead will win you over â€" no questions asked." - 7/10

Igor Hardy

You can also add this one to your collection:

"AAARGH... blood, blood in my eyes! They're coming for me!" - ?/?

WalkThruWalls

Quote from: Ascovel on Fri 03/02/2012 06:05:20
You can also add this one to your collection:

"AAARGH... blood, blood in my eyes! They're coming for me!" - ?/?

Done and done. Thanks again. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk