The story of Joijo - New Screenshots!

Started by Martyn, Thu 22/12/2011 18:07:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

The story of Joijo is the working name of this game.

Its a classic point-and-click saga that I started over a year ago.
I wanted to test the program and making graphics and backgrounds.
The game has a simple interface, one-click for all options.

There will be three short parts, the first part is complete.

The story is set in Southeast Europe in middle of 1980. Our "hero" Joijo is a simple and poor thief.
He has decided to quit stealing and become a decent man, but first he'll do one last job.
The plan is to steal a priceless diamond from the thieves leader and sell it.
A job that does not quite go as planned.

PROGRESS:

Demo:
Story: 100%
Scripting: 99%
Graphics: 99%
Sound/Music: 50%
Lines/text/spelling: 50%

Full game:
Scripting: 10%
Graphics: 30%
Sound/Music: 0%
Lines/text/spelling: 10%

32-bit
640x400

A new screen from a cutscene, fresh from the first part.

following two pictures are to show my remake the game to more pixel based graphics.

Last three picture is from the intro.

Watts happening!

11 Dec 2012 - A new screen from a cutscenes.
19 Aug 2012 - Added three picture from the new intro.
25 Jul 2012 - Added two New screen on the graphics remake.
19 May 2012 - Added picture, from sketch to completed background.

miguel

Nice graphics!
Looks very interesting.
I think you're thinking well about splitting the game in chapters, it's not so time-consuming!

Good luck with this!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Monsieur OUXX

cianty

Gorgeous screens so far!
ca. 70% completed

NickyNyce

Absolutely beautiful. Looking great so far, keep up the good work and good luck with it.

Ali

This looks great, and I like the simple premise leading the protagonist into mystery. Can't wait!

Cyrus

A mystery that begins with two bad guys and a car crash... Reminds me of Mulholland drv.

Surdy

Hi lowfive,

Your game looks great. If you are interested by a free french translation after releasing, I am your man.

Secret Fawful

This looks absolutely lovely, and unique. I haven't seen an AGS adventure game that looked like this since Jimmy Jam.

Martyn

Thanks! we will see where it goes with this. Now, I take some time off and wish you all a Merry Christmas.

//Martin

Cyrus

I'm interested to know whether it will be a purely detective story, or with some surrealistic/mystical elements.

Martyn

I can say so much that it will not be a pure detective story. The inspiration comes from the movie Brazil 1985 and The Trial "Kafka"

It will be a journey through three parts. Awakening, enlightenment and the great truth.

what more can I say, it will be dark and with a screwed sense of humor.

Tramponline

Dear Lord! You'd better put that inside spoiler tags before Dual hijacks this thread!!! :o

Love what I see, especially the toned down use of colours, very nice mood. Great stuff lowfive!  

Tabata

Quote from: lowfive on Fri 23/12/2011 17:20:48
.... it will be dark and with a screwed sense of humor.

... looking forward to this one!

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Cyrus

Quote from: lowfive on Fri 23/12/2011 17:20:48
The inspiration comes from the movie Brazil 1985 and The Trial "Kafka"

For more inspiration, you can check out Jasper Fforde's "Shades of Grey". There are similarities to those ones  ;D

Martyn

Okay!

I can report that i have almost completed the first part. Three "rooms" with a few minor problems and a beginning to a story. Have no idea what I'm doing so it becomes as it gets. Only have a few things left to do, will probably be ready in a week or two.

Dialogs: 100% (not much dialogue in the first part)
Graphics: 100%
Music and Sound 90%
Coding: 90%

It takes more time to do everything self than I thought. But of course I will make a clear demo so you can try.
Thought I had a good ending to this part so I'm a bit excited to continue the next also.

/Martin

Cyrus

Yoo-hoo! So we'll see the first part after one-two weeks?

Tabata

Takyon

This project looks really nice, I especially like the art style and the main character. Looking forward to this.
ghost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk