Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back!

Started by pcj, Fri 23/12/2011 02:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

Has anyone said yet that this is brilliant?!

In case they haven't...

This is brilliant.

Loving the humour in particular, but everything seems really good so far.

olzen

We've gotten some really cool feedback, but still awesome to hear you like it that much so far. So thanks for the nice words - makes all the work more than worthwhile :)

Scorpio82

By request, here's a shiny new (and much delayed) release trailer that showcases the game-play, theme song, and animation!

cat

I usually don't care a lot about sierra games or their remakes/demakes/fangames but this trailer just sold it to me. I'll play it as soon as I have some time!

olzen

Some of you may already have read that we've officially begun producing the voicepack for Vohaul Strikes Back. We have already cast a few of the characters, but with 70 speaking characters and 8000 (yes, really) lines of dialogue, we're gonna need a bigger cast for this undertaking. If you want to apply, please take a look at this thread. And of course, if you know anyone who might be interested in lending their voices, spread the word :)

Also, as music coordinator and one of the composers, it's my pleasure to let you know that you can now download the soundtrack of Vohaul Strikes Back! This ZIP-archive includes all the music heard in-game, along with a few surprises.

Sslaxx

I'd be interested in doing voices, but I'm not sure if the microphone'd be up to the job (never mind my ability or probable lack thereof). I'd suggest Blackthorne as Vohaul by the way, he does a good job of it in the SQ2 remake.

Thanks for the soundtrack, by the way!
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

olzen

You could always apply for roles like computer voices and/or the Sequel Policemen. When it comes to voices that are meant to sound electronic, sub-par equipment isn't really of concern.

I agree that Blackthorne makes a good Vohaul. So far, we do have a guy on the backburner from the last time around (the guy who says "Wilco must pay!"), but he has yet to contact us. If we can't reach him, Blackthorne could very well be a likely candidate. All just speculation, though :)

And I hope you'll like the soundtrack!

Blackthorne

I would be more than happy to voice Vohaul for you, if you so choose!  Just let me know, I'd love to help out.

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

olzen

Hey Blackthorne. Thanks for your interest in lending your voice to the game!

We have already cast the part as Vohaul, though - Jason Vertucio, who does the "WILCO MUST PAY!" in the intro, will be returning for our talkie. You're more than welcome to audition for other characters, though. We've still got around 60 that need to be cast, so there should be plenty to choose from if you still want to help out :D

See you around!

Diath

That trailer was awesome! Your game may have just went up near the top of my list  ;D

Jared

Congratulations on the release guys, must be great to be getting the response after all this time and hard work.

Blackthorne

Quote from: olzen on Thu 12/01/2012 13:35:47
Hey Blackthorne. Thanks for your interest in lending your voice to the game!

We have already cast the part as Vohaul, though - Jason Vertucio, who does the "WILCO MUST PAY!" in the intro, will be returning for our talkie. You're more than welcome to audition for other characters, though. We've still got around 60 that need to be cast, so there should be plenty to choose from if you still want to help out :D

See you around!

Thanks - I'm really busy with all the games we're working on at IA - I do the voice acting thing mostly for fun; I just thought if people wanted me to do it, I would let them know I'd be keen.  If someone's already committed to it, that's great!

Good luck; doing a voice pack is really a beast of a job, it took up the most time in production for us with SQII!

Bt
-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

olzen

Just realised I forgot to reply to this. Well, duh. Can we pretend I was busy rather than impolite? ;)

That's fair enough - I did think you might be a bit busy at the moment. Still, don't hesitate to audition for any of the vacant roles if you should want to. And again, thanks for your offer :)

And thanks - the voicepack is definitely going to take some serious time and effort to get together! I'm personally hoping we can get it done within a year, tops, but I've always been known to be awful at predicting release dates!

pcj

Quote from: Cyrus on Sun 25/12/2011 10:41:14
Quote from: olzen on Sun 25/12/2011 08:01:43
Trust me - we've had some way weirder ones that got shelved! ;D
Could you release some of your old materials and finally open your Wiki for everyone?  ;D I think everybody will be interested to have a look at them.

Just in case you're still interested, we made some development discussions public.  We're still looking at "de-classifying" more (including the wiki), but we're checking on statutes of limitations and whatnot ;)
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

mjomble

Thanks to bero, VSB now also has a Linux port!
Head over to the download page and check it out!
You should play Vohaul Strikes Back and Incinerations (they both happen to be fan made Space Quest sequels made with AGS).
And then tell everybody on the planet about them. And off the planet.

Monsieur OUXX

This game (as well as the "SQ1 remake", in another thread of this forum) is mentionned in this week's French video games magazine issue "Canard PC".

EDIT:

mjomble

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 09/02/2012 10:19:51
This game (as well as the "SQ1 remake", in another thread of this forum) is mentionned in this week's French video games magazine issue "Canard PC".

Nice :D
Any chance of a scan or just a photo of that? :D
You should play Vohaul Strikes Back and Incinerations (they both happen to be fan made Space Quest sequels made with AGS).

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: mjomble on Thu 09/02/2012 11:18:01
Any chance of a scan or just a photo of that? :D

Done ^ (previous post)

mjomble

Awesome :D

The game that most of the article is about, Space Quest: Incinerations, is also an AGS game and has a thread here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=45119.0

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: mjomble on Thu 09/02/2012 16:00:04
Awesome :D

The game that most of the article is about, Space Quest: Incinerations, is also an AGS game and has a thread here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=45119.0

I didn't notice that!
I wonder if the redactor of that article is lurking on the forums under an obscure nickname. Maria Kalash, reveal youself!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk