Coloring Ball: „Egypt!?“ - [Moderator disclaimer added]

Started by Tabata, Sat 24/12/2011 00:18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

PassionatePatty

@selmiak:

next year is after 3 days  :D
besides... unless someone comes up with an original CONCEPT then my vote goes to AnasAbdin... with all due respect to all the other sprites!

NickyNyce

Out of respect for the people that made entries, or want to, and the person that is hosting the competition, why not wait till the voting time starts. But none the less, it's about fun, so I mean no disrespect to anyone. I really like what Anas did, very cool, shame that it kind of breaks the rules though. Perhaps in a different competition  ...hint ...hint

IMO ... rules matter  ;)

Tabata

It's nice to see such a lot of life in here and of course AnasAbdin is now a candidate with his (separated) God Ra since this entry fit all the given rules now.

Just to let you know (as it is told in the first post), voting will start not before the 08th of Jan. (unless there won't be an extention given to someone who ask for it).
I will tell you when it starts in a seperate post, so noone will miss it and everyone is invited to vote for his favorite entry. All the votings given after that post will be counted.

Before that, there is much time left for more entries to come ;)

I still hope for to see all those creative ideas 

Yes, I am greedy!  ;D

arj0n

My second entry and I hereby encourage everyone to make a second entry since Tabata is a self-declared greedy CB host!.  ;D

The magic ritual blade used during the mummification ceremony process of Pharaoh Atabat.
Pharaoh Atabat must have been a great ruler cause on a closer look you can see the ceremonial
hieroglyphs of four deities, guardians of the gates of the underworld, shown on the knife.

Darius Poyer

It's an embalming tool

PS.
they REALLY don't look like that.

Tabata

YEEEHAAA!    . . .    

cool tools  *shudder*  ;)

Edit:

Tabata

Thank you so much for all the nice entries!

Today is still some time left to come up with your egyptian idea(s) of how to fill the shape!  ;)

To be fair and clear I want to repeat, that the voting will go for the entry and not for the Candidate.
Arj0n, since you have been so kind to gratify the greedy CB host by doing a second entry you are allowed to decide, wether you want both of your entries in the voting. If so, there is nothing else to be done. Otherwise choose the one, you want to have set in the voting and post your decision (or add a little corresponding note to your chosen entry).

So if there is someone else who also wants to do a second entry â€" you are very welcome to do so!
Of course you can choose in that case, if all of your entries (or which one) you want to have in the voting, too.

As you like it -  the main thing is still to have some fun together!

Tabata

Time has come for the hardest part of this competition!

All participants came up with wonderful creative ideas, filled the given shape nicely and have a referene to egypt!

So now it seems more like a matter of taste to choose one of them â€" but it has to be done. The best using of the shape, most interesting by idea and style ... Which of the entries will be your favorite?

VOTING!!!         VOTING!!!         VOTING!!!

Here are all the official entries of the candidates that can be voted:

No 1    a cursed snappy hat by Armageddon                No 2    a purring kitten god by Cleanic   

No 3    Pharaoh Atabat's death mask by Arj0n             No 4    a (slightly) deformed turtle by selmiak   

No 5    Sun God Ra by AnasAbdin                                  No 6    a magic ritual blade by Arj0n

No 7    an embalming tool by Darius Poyer 

Everyone is allowed to vote for his/her favorite entry!
Please post the Number of your favorite one and if you like, tell us why you have chosen it.

Armageddon

No 4 by selmiak for the nice color and shading.

PassionatePatty

No 5    Sun God Ra by AnasAbdin
The idea itself is a new category. I think this is the simplest shape submitted in such a competition and I love what it represents: Ra, God of the Sun... besides it's literally HAWT!  :P

cat

Obviously, I have to vote for Cleanic's cat (No 2). Because of my name, because the cat was a very important mythological animal (godess Bastet), because of the clever use of the shape and because it is simply well done.

arj0n

AnasAbdin

can I vote for all the sprites? They are really great and show a lot of creativity  :-[
but rules are rules (rules are made to be broken though)... ugghh ok ok

I love these the most [and equally]:
No. 3 Pharaoh Atabat's death mask.
No. 4 a (slightly) deformed turtle.
No. 7 an embalming tool.

I will close my eyes and choose randomly on my keypad until I get either 3,4 or 7:

*puts finger on keypad*
*closes eyes and moves finger around until loses sense of direction*

ok my vote goes to No. 3

NickyNyce

Nice entries everyone, shame you can only pick one.

I'll have to go with #1 ...Armageddon...The Scarab was the cherry on top for me

Darius Poyer

I'm going to vote for number two, it's got a lot of character.

Kimbra

No. 5 Sun God Ra. It is so Egyptian and a very smart@$$ idea!
Love the cat though but my vote goes to No. 5!

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk