Coloring Ball: „Egypt!?“ - [Moderator disclaimer added]

Started by Tabata, Sat 24/12/2011 00:18:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabata

... a new colorball is on it's way â€" hopefully you have some time and desire to participate.

This is the shape to deal with:

Now what to do with it? 
I'd like you to fill the shape with something that has a clear referrence to ...

You are allowed to rotate the shape, color the outline and use as much colors as you like to fullfill your task.

The voting will start at 08.01.2012 (forum-time).

Show your imagination and have fun!

EDIT:
... and finally here are the trophies:

So it's all up to you now      

btw.
'  '  '  >>> wishing you all a wonderful christmas-time and a happy new year!   â™¥   â™¥   â™¥   . . .

Armageddon

I have no idea.

The instant I saw that I thought 'Pirate Hat that mutated and grew a mouth traveled to Egypt and collected a scarrabe beetle' That's one man's explanation, what's yours!

Tabata

Seems to me, that your admiral's hat got a scarab-curse from the mummy after robbing a pyramid,
so it has definitely an egyptian touch
... and I wouldn't touch it for sure! It's cool spooky! 

ZapZap

(2x)

Egyptian Kitten God, with lots of servants dedicated to make him purr (OK, it's not egyptian egyptian but well...)
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

arj0n

Tabata

@Cleanic
I see quite clearly an Egyptian symbol, so there is definetely an Egyptian reference and it's also a good idea!  

Quote from: »Arj0n« on Sat 24/12/2011 17:46:32
Pharaoh Atabat's Death Mask:

@Arjon
A cool idea well done!  

EDIT:
A big thanx to all of you, who already participated!

At first I thought about adding a second shape because it seemed very difficoult, but hey â€" there is such an incredible amount of fantasy in this community! â€" It's near to unbelievable!

Since an other shape obviously isn't neccessary, I was able to take some time for the trophies. They are now placed in the first post, waiting for you to be picked up.  Hope you like it!

Still I'd love to see even more entries. There's a lot of time left for those, who aren't in the right (egyptian) mood yet .
Let your imagiation flow and show us the possibilities.

selmiak

This is a slightly deformed turtle from the fertile lands of the the nile. After the nile delta was flooded again the turtle was washed inside the land and got so deformed at it hit its head and other parts on several old stones... but as you can see it is still happy.

Tabata

@Selmiak
Sooo sweet! Oh, what a lovely unique creature!

AnasAbdin

This is my firstest AGS forum competition entry...
I hope AGS 320x200 backgrounds are welcome here  :-\

and excuse me... The shape of The Egyptian God Raa' -the sun- should not be rotated, outlined or touched... Humph

arj0n

@AnasAbdin

Welcome in the forum competition sections ;)

Nice entry you've done but it doesn't completely fit this competition.
Thought it would fit perfectly in the Background Blitz competitions:
-This one was closed on 16 Dec  2011: Click
-And this one is the new open Background Blitz where you can enter: Click
You can find the info and compo rules in the first post as usual.

Really like your entry, very retro-ish  :)

Tabata

@AnasAbdin
You are very welcome with your well done egyptian background to help getting the participants in the right mood.
It's like an own promotion poster for the shape of this colorball competition that all the candidates have to deal with and are not allowed to leave.
Thank you for sharing!  :-*

... and of course you are still allowed to come up with an own contribution for this competition as well.
Just don't cross the line of the given shape   but the most important rule of all is to have fun by participating ;)

Hopefully you decide to give it a try - I would be delighted!  :D

AnasAbdin

@Tabata
thanks :) I just wanted to do something fun with the interesting shape... not necessarily to be competing just to pull a coupla laughs :)

selmiak

@Anas:
I see what you did there! Just submit the whole shape filled with yellow. Then tell the story and subtly get the complete image in there somehow to explain it better. Would be so cool if you win with the shape just filled with yellow, by now my vote oscillates between the yellow sun shape and the kitten god :D

AnasAbdin

@selmiak

if you insist...

Little did they know what the night of Giza was holding for them...

Armageddon

PassionatePatty

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 28/12/2011 04:14:15
Little did they know what the night of Giza was holding for them...

I vote AnasAbdin!!!!! GENIUS!!  ;D

EDIT: first time someone -in these kind of competitions- uses the shape as background-related sprite! The yellow shape can be used as an object sprite as well. This may lead to a new category guys!!!
<3 <3 <3

arj0n

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 27/12/2011 19:27:18
@Tabata
thanks :) I just wanted to do something fun with the interesting shape... not necessarily to be competing just to pull a coupla laughs :)
You did pull a laugh at my face.

Sorry for the unnecessary explanation about the compo's b.t.w., I didn't knew you did know. ;)

ZapZap

"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

redMatter

@AnasAbdin: Very cool! I just love anything you draw! and this one is so original!
my vote goes to AnasAbdin DAH!  :=

selmiak

you people already voting realise that this competition is running until next year and until then it could be that even more entries arrive. Even you could create some. So there is no need to vote now already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk