AGS Awards 2011 (check the results!)

Started by , Sat 31/12/2011 22:35:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 04/05/2012 22:40:46
vided bici bothers posting the link to it, there will be a ceremony game.

That's all I wanted to hear and it makes me extra happy to hear it from you!

bicilotti

Quote from: Ali on Fri 04/05/2012 21:51:04
You mean it agrees with GMT on the internet?

For a non-attention-payer like me, I guess the idea of a multiplayer awards game has been abandoned? Will there still be a game version?

For a non-ARC-person like me, is there a guide to getting started with ARC? For the first time in years I might be at home with nothing to do during the ceremony.

You should find most of the answers to your questions here http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=45060.msg616761#msg616761!!!

Yes guys, there will be a ceremony game like last year! I cannot thanks Wyz and Dualnames (who has tweaked this year's exe) enough! Link above to download!

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Fri 04/05/2012 22:40:46
Provided bici bothers posting the link to it, there will be a ceremony game.

Thanks for being so awesome, Duals!*  :-*

(*and company)

Anian

Well BST, another acronym...it's GMT+1 in my country, I mean we move the clocks at the same time as the UK does, took me 15min to figure it out...I hate daylight saving system, should be removed..
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Dualnames

http://duals.agser.me/Files/awards.rar

New and Final version. Do not use the old one, just delete. Bicilotti will update the topic hopefully to reflect that.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

AGA

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 05/05/2012 11:14:17
http:\\duals.agser.me\Files\awards.rar

New and Final version. Do not use the old one, just delete. Bicilotti will update the topic hopefully to reflect that.

AGA already did, since he got confused by bicilotti's out of date link.

Dualnames

Thank you, dear sir, but I messed the link, so it's not very clickable. Now after my edit it is, but still not the "ceremony game" in bici's post.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stupot

Just to check, as I missed last year.  Will the ceremony game connect to IRC straight away, or do I need to download that weird thing?*
*Please understand which weird thing I mean, becasue I don't.

Dualnames

The ceremony game connects to the Awards channel. During silence times it allows chatting unlike the main channel. So no, no you don't need an irc client as well, just the ceremony game will do.

LUniqueDan

I take Max! I take max!
I'm the first one to say so.
I take Max!
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Ali

I have just tested the ceremony game. IT IS THE BEST THING EVER!

Incidentally, I'm going to choose Kate even though I'm not a girl, because she's the one who looks the most like me.

Knoodn

I've tested it too and met Ali. At first I was confused to see someone there and then I thought: THIS THING IS SO GREAT!!

If I get this BST GMT+1 time thing right, I will join on Sunday as the Swordmaster (even though I'm looking 100% different).

Ali

So we were two men "Chatting" in some kind of "Room" pretending to be women. The early days of the internet are back!

Stupot

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 05/05/2012 14:36:05
The ceremony game connects to the Awards channel. During silence times it allows chatting unlike the main channel. So no, no you don't need an irc client as well, just the ceremony game will do.
I wasnt on about an IRC client, but some weird thing I remember having to download once before.  But it's okay, I just tested it and whatever that thing was, i don't need it now. Haha.  Can;t wait for the awards.

Tabata

Quote from: LUniqueDan on Sat 05/05/2012 14:47:31
I'm the first one to say so.
I take Max!

Sorry, but I am constantly training to wear this suit for hours   :grin:

But remembering last year there have been a really lot of them and it was fun to play chase and other silly stuff 

Knoodn

@Ali:
Additionally, I had a fake name (in addition to my forum nickname, which is not my real name)!! The internet is strange!

Stupot

Hmm, it worked fine earlier, but I just tried logging in again, and got these two error messages instead
[Edit] Sussed. Plugging my headphones in seemed to solve the problem... I'm on the uni computers so they've probably rigged it that you have to have headphones in to activate the audio, and the Awards exe must need the audio to be activated in order to run.

Deu2000

Could you possibly record the event on video?  :-D

Ponch

Quote from: Deu2000 on Sat 05/05/2012 18:51:54
Could you possibly record the event on video?  :-D

I suppose someone could. But it just wouldn't be the same. Just like Woodstock in '69 or the summer of '77 when Star Wars came out, or IceyDay back in '11 ( '10?), you had to be there, man. You had to be there.  8-)

Akril15

Oh my gosh, this looks awesome -- I am so not going to miss this...

Must refrain from commenting on the really high LucasArts-to-Sierra sprite ratio, must refrain from commenting on the really high LucasArts-to-Sierra sprite ratio...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk