AGS Awards 2011 (check the results!)

Started by , Sat 31/12/2011 22:35:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Quote from: bicilotti on Thu 05/01/2012 19:46:45
Regarding new categories: I feel they are many, and having more of them just dilutes the meaning of the awards. Keep in mind that there are not that many games and not that many voters!

I just realised that the best way would be to give each forum member its own category- and the right to vote for himself!
That would also be the solution to soccer, just give every player their own ball!

On topic, I agree that the categories as they are make sense, and that more categories can result in dilution.
But I can't help it, a "funny entry" would... fun things up. In a fun way.  ;)

Ali

Quote from: Radiant on Thu 05/01/2012 17:51:41
Didn't you recommend yourself for "Best Non-Kingdom-Related Adventure" a couple years back?  ;D

Yes! It's a valid category!

Igor Hardy

Best-Non-Klingon-Related? Sure, the Romulans deserve some Award too.

bicilotti

Good Game playing frenzy!

One little note to avoid confusions in the voters: there are many versions of Indiana Rodent by Radiant et al. (an OROW, a MAGS, a Bake Sale and who knows, maybe more!).

For the AGS Awards 2011 you should play Indiana Rodent - MAGS version, as the bake sale is (yet to be) released in 2012!
forget this

Good luck, developers!

WHAM

When is nomination time?
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

bicilotti

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 25/01/2012 07:41:54
When is nomination time?

We are setting up the nomination page, as soon as it is up I'll open the nomination phase.

WHAM

Quote from: bicilotti on Wed 25/01/2012 08:01:39
We are setting up the nomination page, as soon as it is up I'll open the nomination phase.

Thanks for being awesome, Bici!  8)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

bicilotti

Quote from: WHAM on Wed 25/01/2012 08:07:26

Thanks for being awesome, Bici!  8)

Thank our benevolent leader! (he's the one who'll set up the thingo) :P

edit: of course, if nothing happens it means our faith is not strong enough and we should all repent :(

WHAM

Quote from: bicilotti on Wed 25/01/2012 08:12:31
Quote from: WHAM on Wed 25/01/2012 08:07:26

Thanks for being awesome, Bici!  8)

Thank our benevolent leader! (he's the one who'll set up the thingo) :P

Thanks for being awesome, Kim Jong-un!  8)

A7A

I'm trying to figure out what happened with the awards. I can't wrap my head around it, are we still in the "playing the games"-phase?

bicilotti

Quote from: A7A on Thu 16/02/2012 17:08:11
I'm trying to figure out what happened with the awards. I can't wrap my head around it, are we still in the "playing the games"-phase?

I am harassing CJ and other powerful people to set up the nomination page. As soon as I am succesfull, you all will be able to vote.

A7A

No, honestly, what's going on? Too many people replayed mass effect 2, drooling over double fines new project, or what? :P

Peder 🚀

The forums went down, and I assume CJ is way too busy to help set up the nomination pages and nobody else is able to do it.

bicilotti

Quote from: Peder Johnsen+ on Mon 05/03/2012 21:32:47
The forums went down, and I assume CJ is way too busy to help set up the nomination pages and nobody else is able to do it.

Basically yes, what Peder said!
But CJ showed me a beta version which was almost perfect (that was yesterday, so we're hopefully there).

Eric

As a new person in these parts, I have a couple of questions.

1. I think, from seeing past winners, that there are different categories. Is there a list of those anywhere to keep in mind while I'm rushing through to play some of these games?

2. Beyond the nomination screen, which just has a single check, are there chances to select what specific categories I'm nominating for?

Ghost

As soon as you click a checkbox to nominate a game, a list of all categories appears. There WAS a list in a thread but the one you get on the vting page is the most recent one.
You can even nominate a game for several categories!

NEAT system, by the way!

Eric

Well, now I feel supremely silly for not trying that extra step. Thanks, Ghost!

m0ds

Awesome! Awards time :D
* m0ds nominates

Wesray

Yay! So nominations will go till the end of March?
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk