AGS Awards 2011 (check the results!)

Started by , Sat 31/12/2011 22:35:12

Previous topic - Next topic

bicilotti

Quote from: Wesray on Wed 14/03/2012 00:42:31
Yay! So nominations will go till the end of March?

Yes, I asked CJ for two weeks and a handful of days, to accomodate for contingt events like PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Web\AGS\yabb\Sources\Subs.php on line 321

I don't know the exact date though, I will inquire about that from him.

Vote folks!

selmiak

why not bind the nominations to a forum account (perhaps anonymised if preferred) and make it possible to nominate in sessions and even remove nominations rather than nominating out of hundreds of games all at once. Okay, too late for this year and good thing it is possible to nominate at all but an idea for next year.

bicilotti

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 15/03/2012 13:03:58
why not bind the nominations to a forum account (perhaps anonymised if preferred) and make it possible to nominate in sessions and even remove nominations rather than nominating out of hundreds of games all at once. Okay, too late for this year and good thing it is possible to nominate at all but an idea for next year.

Put in my todo list!

bicilotti

Keep coming, voters!

Best Documentation or Tutorial is a bit short on noms count, don't forget about it when choosing your fav games!

bicilotti

quoting myself:

Quote from: myself
Quote from: Wesray on Tue 27/03/2012 02:27:04
Yep, the early end of nominations caught me by surprise too. Didn't manage to nominate any games yet, as I planned to play through a few more candidates first. :(

Quote from: Snarky on Mon 26/03/2012 22:37:30
Is that by design or by mistake? I thought the nominations thread said they'd run to the end of the month?

Mistake (due to asynchronous communication between me and the Man). The noms will close... well, from when CJ set up the forum wide announcement again + 7 days.

bicilotti

So noms are open for ONE MORE WEEK and will close on

April 5, at 23:30

Don't miss your chance to nominate your fav games!

bicilotti

Quote from: bicilotti on Thu 29/03/2012 20:45:23
So noms are open for ONE MORE WEEK and will close on

April 5, at 23:30

Don't miss your chance to nominate your fav games!

Last few hours to nominate, guys & guyettes!

bicilotti

Finally, nomination time is over! You can check the nominees here.

A couple of notes:

• There is no 'best documentation or tutorial category', as no game reached the minimum amount of 5 votes.

• I wanted to release a minigame to reveal the nominees but, as I will be unable to get my paws on a win machine, I scrapped the idea. Many thanks to everyone who offered to help!

I will ask CJ to set up the voting page as soon as possible. Voting will take 3 weeks.

As usual, we need to decide when to have the IRC  Ceremony. Please post here your desiderata as for day of the week / time (GMT).

Congratulations to all of the nominees and to you folks for patiently waiting!

bicilotti

Vote time, folks! Be a good citizen and vote vie the voting page.

voting will close on may 2, 23:30 GMT.

Don't forget to tell us your fav date for the awards ceremony!

SSH

I doubt I'll be able to make it, but have a good ceremony, folks!

Dualnames

I have voted. I want my complimentary ribbon. Also I'm going to say that May 2 is fine date by me, as of now.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Snarky

So you don't need to know the winners in advance in order to customize the ceremony game?

Dualnames

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 12/04/2012 15:43:48
So you don't need to know the winners in advance in order to customize the ceremony game?

No, I just presume every single game has won, we have 24 unique games instead of 30.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

More or less 10 days left!

Keep voting!

pcj

As for the day of the week for the event, I would say probably the weekend would be better.
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Stupot

I've voted :)  Knowing I havn't played many games this year and won't have time during the voting period, I decided not to vote in categories where I had played less than half of the nominees. I think that's fairer on my part than just voting Gemini Rue for everything without having played many of the others.

bicilotti

Snsible thinking, Stupot!

Quote from: pcj on Sun 22/04/2012 12:47:16
As for the day of the week for the event, I would say probably the weekend would be better.

Yes, weekend is a must. I thought we could try to have the ceremony at midday or something, to allow not only europeans to follow it. I wonder if there are americans or australians interested, though!

pcj

Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Icey

I'm def making the IRC after party game this year!

WHAM

So is the ceremony tonight as well, or has the date been set in some other thread?
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk