MAGS January: "The Pub" (WINNER)

Started by Atelier, Tue 03/01/2012 17:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Khris

Did you miss this bit?

Quote from: Atelier on Thu 19/01/2012 16:25:31
Quote from: Sane Co. on Thu 19/01/2012 16:02:52
What is the chance that our project won't qualify? Because I don't want to do my job and not have the reward of it being able to enter.

That's fair enough, to be honest I wouldn't waste your time on it. I'm not going to let either icey or moogle enter, who are practically siamese twins. It's just so obvious that icey is calling the shots and got moogle to enter for him; moogle even said he 'works under Studio3' (which as a statement is just plain bizarre).

spud

Atelier

Unfortunately yes, it's been like that for at least two days.

Gameboy, as ever I'm loving your art style :) And slapstick, welcome to the forums, nice of you to make your first post in a MAGS thread :D By the way if anybody needs an extension to the deadline, I'll definitely do that, seeing as I posted the guidelines a few days late.

miguel

I would love a couple of days extended, I am entering the competition and I know I said I'd post screens but I got sidetracked...
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

Quote from: miguel on Fri 20/01/2012 21:09:10
I would love a couple of days extended, I am entering the competition and I know I said I'd post screens but I got sidetracked...

+1. Why not call it a week?  ::)

[edit]
The "roll eyes" is meant to indicate cheeky greed. We need more smileys. Tabby?

Radiant

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 20/01/2012 23:04:35
+1. Why not call it a week?  ::)

Given that February is a pretty short month already, if the first week was moved to the January MAGS then there'd be not much left...

Atelier

Because there are lot of entries this month, I think a week (tops) is a fair shout. But Radiant is right, so what I can do is start February as normal and let this topic simmer on the back burner while everybody finishes up.

Radiant

Quote from: Atelier on Fri 20/01/2012 23:29:19
Because there are lot of entries this month, I think a week (tops) is a fair shout. But Radiant is right, so what I can do is start February as normal and let this topic simmer on the back burner while everybody finishes up.

That's a good idea. I didn't have time this month but will consider something for February.

Tabata

Quote from: Ghost on Fri 20/01/2012 23:04:35
[edit]
The "roll eyes" is meant to indicate cheeky greed. We need more smileys. Tabby?

Someone's callin'?

delivery:

+1. Why not call it a week? 

Kasander

+ 1 for "Why not call it a week". ;) That would be great!

miguel

MAGS Competition - The Pub

Armando Diamond is a detective who has fallen in disgrace due to countless years of heavy drinking. He also caught siflis from a hooker named Gina.
On a normal day, while wandering around town for a drink, Armando found more than a pub! Gangsters were doing some "cleaning-up" inside and he was about to get in trouble...

Ghost

The grass and the plants are made of pure awesome, miguel!

Ponch

I second Ghost's praise. The look of this game is very cool. I particularly like the cloud. Very stylized and eye-catching. Nicely done, Miguel.

Kastchey

If there is an extension, then I might have something too! I should be able to finish it on time if I don't get too busy during the week.

Zombie Hunter Gi
(placeholder title, since nothing better comes to my mind)

Gi, a wandering jack-of-all-trades was (un)lucky enough to get a hold of a set of shipment documents that might just be the key to solve the case of mysterious abductions in a desolate mountain area. With nothing but a handful of coins, a bottle of wine, her trusty chainsaw and and a vision of a huge pile of money offered by the federal government, Gi sets out to find the shipment location, The Smelly Lavender pub situated in an underpopulated mountain village.

The idea is loosely based on a rather little known comic book of a similar theme.

miguel

Ghost & Ponch, thanks guys, but it's all made with CS5 standard shapes, the composition is mine, of course.
It's the only way I could find to finish this game in time. That and the opportunity to "study" the puppet wrap tool on characters, I'm finding it amazing!
I'm building all rooms with shapes and/or vector shapes to cut some time. Then I add some textures from CS5.

slapstick

Thanks for the warm welcome! Wow, so many great looking games this month, looks like I should have lurked around awhile longer. This stuff is hard, how do you folks make it look so easy??

Baby's first walk cycle...

Hope to have a legit screenshot soon.
What a fun, sexy time for you.

Ekeko

Hey Guys!
Here I've got some info on the game I'm working on:

Yes, We've got a blue cup!

It's called Scum Pub, and the idea of the game is to prepare a special drink with the stuff you find in the kitchen.

Features:

-320x200 Resolution, YAY!
-Weird, Crazy, Ridiculous Puzzles!  :D
-Jokes that are so terribly bad, that you should feel wrong if you laugh about them!
-First Person Perspective, YEAH! YOU WILL FEEL LIKE PLAYING GOLDENEYE!  :o :o :o

Ghost

Quote from: Ekeko on Thu 26/01/2012 14:45:57
And probably much more that you will hopefuly see... If I can finish this in like... 4 days?!?!?!?  :P

Atelier mentioned an extension of the deadline, so keep it going!

This must be one of the largest MAGS ever! What's in the pipeline, eight games?

Kasander

Quote from: Ghost on Thu 26/01/2012 15:28:53
This must be one of the largest MAGS ever! What's in the pipeline, eight games?

I think it's nine actually:
Ghost
Ponch
miguel
spud
slapstick
gameboy
Kastchey
Ekeko
Kasander.

The more the merrier! Maybe it's too late now to call ourselves The Magnificient Seven, but we're only one participant short of being The Ten Commandments ;D

Sorry, I couldn't help myself :=  It's just too late, I'm too tired and I still have my pub to draw ;) Now, back to work!

PS: BTW Ghost, as a a longtime fan of M&M series, I'm looking forward to playing your game. It's so strange that I can't remember this Arcomage thing... Time bites, I guess.

Atelier

Thanks for the entries Kastchey, miguel, and Ekeko!

Quote from: Kasander on Sat 28/01/2012 00:21:09
I think it's nine actually

Awesome! There's over a week left to finish, will this be enough time for everybody?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk