MAGS January: "The Pub" (WINNER)

Started by Atelier, Tue 03/01/2012 17:21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch

Quote from: Atelier on Sat 28/01/2012 00:37:02
There's over a week left to finish, will this be enough time for everybody?

Mmmmmmmmmaybe...  :-X

Ghost

There's over a week left to finish, will this be enough time for everybody?
I am making good progress. The card game itself is playable (and the full Arcomage set, no less!), it's mostly spriting, testing and the good old spit-and-polish now.
Can you post the exact deadline? Would be a nice motivation :)

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 28/01/2012 01:27:30
Mmmmmmmmmaybe...  :-X
Don't you dare fizzling this! I bought a dictionary and checked. Fizzling is not even a word!  ;D

Quote from: Kasander on Sat 28/01/2012 00:21:09
PS: BTW Ghost, as a a longtime fan of M&M series, I'm looking forward to playing your game. It's so strange that I can't remember this Arcomage thing... Time bites, I guess.
Thanks! Here's a nice site with in-game video to jog the nostalgia memories:
http://www.fantasy-art-and-portraits.com/fantasy_art_arcomage.html

Kasander

Awesome! There's over a week left to finish, will this be enough time for everybody?

Can I answer this on, let's say, Wednesday? ;) I'm quite positive about finishing my game in time, but the hardest parts of the work are still ahead. As for now, I can honestly say I'm about 60% positive that I'll make it on time (that is, until February the 7th, right?). That is if I won't slip on scripting (and AGS in general, being a newbie) too much.

I know I said I work 8-14 hours a day on my game before, but sometimes it comes down to just few hours daily because something gets in the way, like in everyone's life. Anyway, some of you guys said you were envious about this huge amount of spare time I have, but there's also the other side of the coin: this comes thanks to being unemployed. Apologies if it looks like I'm spilling my guts here, I just wanted to explain this rare phenomenon of spare time :) Can't say I recommend this kind of "dedication to gamemaking" ;)

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 28/01/2012 02:50:31
Thanks! Here's a nice site with in-game video to jog the nostalgia memories:
http://www.fantasy-art-and-portraits.com/fantasy_art_arcomage.html

I'll check it out, thanks. Actually I was thinking about reinstalling one of later M&Ms for a moment (I've spent less than hour with M&M IX for example), but I had to supress and strangle this thought... Not without shedding a tear though ;)

Ekeko

Awesome! There's over a week left to finish, will this be enough time for everybody?

I guess that will be more than enough!

Ghost

I've gone BETA! Now that WAS a scripting frenzy!
(Spriting frenzy starting tomorrowind)

Sane Co.

(this comment has been rendered null)

Ponch

When is the exact deadline now? I has forgotted.  :-X

Ghost

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 31/01/2012 04:27:15
When is the exact deadline now? I has forgotted.  :-X

7th, if I understand it correctly. I HOPE it's the 7th.

Atelier

Yup the 7th is fine with me. It seems the MAGS site is still offline, so it seems quite likely that voting will have to be done through PMs. It's also an inconvenience because it means I can't open up the Maggies topic. Anyway, I'll put up the February guidelines tomorrow so in the meantime I'll leave you guys to it :)

Radiant

Quote from: Atelier on Tue 31/01/2012 22:43:49
Anyway, I'll put up the February guidelines tomorrow so in the meantime I'll leave you guys to it :)

I can't find them :(

Atelier

Ghost

Fancy a game of HUBRIS? Join the fun, I got spare decks for everyone!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1541

miguel

Guys, I can't make the deadline, sorry.
Starting to work again with split shifts!!$#>&%!!

Good luck to all!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ponch

I'm out too. Just too many things going on right now. I didn't have enough time to finish it.

So that's three MAGs games in a row I started but did not finish.  :-[  Sigh.

Kasander

I bite the dust too. Contrary to you guys I had a lot of time to make it but AGS scripting is just too $&*#@%* complicated for my anti-logical newbie brain. I guess I should learn all about scripting in the first place, then do all the graphics, not the other way around. I'll post this pub I've drawn to show my take on the subject.

Chicky

That looks great Kasander, lovely style! Team up with a programmer and get it finished  :D

slapstick

Much like Kasander I find the drawing pictures is much easier than, you know, making the game work.  ;D (BTW your game looks beautiful Kasander! Did you do that on a tablet? It looks so nice, like colored pencils or pastels.)

I will power on though...It will just be more like a 3MAGS or 6MAGS or 12MAGS....
What a fun, sexy time for you.

Atelier

Ghost and Kasander those pics are sweet.

Ekeko

Hey guys!
I've got a question...
Is it permitted to use music from other games? Say, Monkey Island?  :-\
Of course I take into account that I should note in the credits that I'm note the owner of the music and mention it's authors...

Atelier

I'm going to extend the deadline again to the 10th (it should have been tomorrow), as we still have some people unaccounted for, and so Kasander can enter (miguel and Ponch too, or is it not humanly possible?). So 10th is absolute maximum.

spud
slapstick
gameboy
Kastchey
Ekeko

Ekeko I PMd you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk