OGG Video not playing natively

Started by selmiak, Mon 09/01/2012 21:14:46

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

I rendered a .mov video file with Aftereffects and want to use this in AGS.

After some initial failures with converting the video with Super the resulting file from this now shows in AGS but has a pink part that shouldn't be there on the bottom 5% of the video. I can't see if this is from AGS or the conversion with SUPER as the file won't play with VLC. Only the slider moves along but no picture is shown.

So i used VLC (ogg container - theora codec) and handbreak (mkv container with theora codec) and both can be played with VLC but this time not with AGS. But I get a funny error in the gamefont, not a windows popup, but it still seems like halfways systemwise because it is partially in german
after installing CCCP codec pack and rebooting it works under win7. I thought about not posting this whole thread because I just wanted to paste a screenshot here to show this and now it works :P So people of the future just use VLC to convert any video to ogg :)

So to actually ask a question now I rather ask if I should somewhere mention that installing the CCCP might be useful for the game? And what about out of the box ogg support in AGS? I thought I red it in the helpfiles or Forum somewhere. Without additional codecs and so. Or could this be a thing of the editor?

monkey0506

I've used SUPER. I think I'm the one who recommended it to you. I've never experienced the problems you're describing. Any OGG Theora video that is output by SUPER should be playable in VLC. And if it's not playable in VLC, then something went wrong (this could even indicate something wrong in the source file).

You don't need additional codecs to play a properly converted OGG Theora video using the latest version of the AGS engine.

Something else is wrong.

Khris

Converting .mov to .ogv already sounds like an unnecessary step that might screw things up. Isn't there some way you can skip that? Maybe a plugin for AE that can render ogv?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk