Space Quest Incinerations!

Started by Scorpio82, Wed 11/01/2012 19:25:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio82

Following hot in the footsteps of my team-made fan-game "Vohaul Strikes Back" and IA's "SQ2 Remake", I'm proud to finally announce the release of "Space Quest: Incinerations."

Based on the Sierra game series from Scott Murphy and Mark Crowe, SQInc is an adventure game six years in the making. It re-imagines the SQ universe in the style of a modern sci-fi action-thriller, featuring 3D-rendered sprites and backgrounds, over 45 minutes of fully-animated cinematics, alternate endings, trophies, and over an hour's worth of original music.

As an animator, this game has been a real thrill ride to make. I want to thank everyone who's supported it, along with the talented people who've contributed their efforts to making it happen. I also want to thank the adventure game community for staying alive and staying strong.

Click here to visit the site and start downloading!

And while you're downloading, enjoy the release trailer!

Chris

pcj

Woot, this is awesome! Don't forget to add it to the games database.
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Scorpio82

Done! Although sadly, it won't let me add VSB to my "other games."

pcj

Mainly because VSB was made by a different author. :P
Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Igor Hardy

Congrats on the release! And good to see it now has officially "Space Quest" in its title.

Cyrus

This is truly the Space Quest year!

CaptainD

That is one of the most impressive game trailers I've seen for a long time... but I have 2 other SQ games to complete before I even get to this one, and my PC is playing up!  Aurgh!

sthomannch

Wow! Another Roger Wilco game! Very good work, indeed!
I arrived at the point where I have to shoot (Chicken Hunter :-))
At the third round (at the core), the game constantly crashes, message is:

"An error has occurred. Please contact ...
(ACI version 3.21.1115)
in "GlobalScript.asc", line 3451
Error: SetCharacterSpeedEx: cannot change speed while walking"

It crashes as soon as one of the chicken moves down from the upper right, the first one upside down in this round

Scorpio82

Thanks.  I'm uploading a new version tonight and I'll be sure to address the issue before I do.

Scorpio82

The offending line of code was removed, and several other bugs have been fixed, so this game should be functional now. Version 1.1 is up, but it won't work with your old save-games.

FrankT

Looks impressive! Reminds me of the original SQ7 (the one that never got made). I'm downloading it this minute!

Sslaxx

Quote from: Scorpio82 on Sat 14/01/2012 20:12:34
The offending line of code was removed, and several other bugs have been fixed, so this game should be functional now. Version 1.1 is up, but it won't work with your old save-games.
Checking it out. You know, the Chicken Run sequence never crashed for me during beta-testing. Odd.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Noctambulo

Awesome game!

Loved the graphics and the puzzles -some of them kind of "tricky" and a bit of pixel hunting involved, but overall well done-

I enjoyed the experience, but to be honest, I almost didn't play it, because the name "Incinerations" sounds "too serious" for a SQ game. Maybe "procrastinations" or so would fit better... Just my two cents...

PS: I missed some garbage and death scenes, and I guess that I'm too lazy to go all over again... :(

Noctambulo

Quote from: Noctambulo on Sun 15/01/2012 20:28:20
Awesome game!

Loved the graphics and the puzzles -some of them kind of "tricky" and a bit of pixel hunting involved, but overall well done-

I enjoyed the experience, but to be honest, I almost didn't play it, because the name "Incinerations" sounds "too serious" for a SQ game. Maybe "procrastinations" or so would fit better... Just my two cents...

PS: I missed some garbage and death scenes, and I guess that I'm too lazy to go all over again... :(

PS2: Who I am kidding??? Of course I will play the game again... Sometimes I don't know who I hate more: The developers of this kind of games or myself... ¬¬'  xDDDD

Scorpio82

QuoteI almost didn't play it, because the name "Incinerations" sounds "too serious" for a SQ game.

I'm finding that seems to be the general reaction. About six years ago, I was getting a lot of support for trying to create a "serious" Space Quest game. But now it seems that purism is becoming the community standard, and SQ fans are openly telling me they're hesitant to play it.

But then, I didn't want to give it a non-serious title* either since my goal was to create a adventure game that shared the qualities of a summer blockbuster. I did feel at an impasse about how to release it though, since I could easily retool this into a original sci-fi adventure. But then I'd still be left with an adventure-comedy about a space janitor and people would ask why I didn't call it "Space Quest".

I'll have to see where word-of-mouth takes it. Lord knows the fan-base has been over-run with too many SQ fan-games lately. But if this review is any indication, I'm certain more people will be surprised once they get the chance to play it.

Thanks for the comment and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. :)

*looking back, only SQ5 and 6 have non-serious titles. :P

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Roger is really coming on strong in January!  Congratulations on getting this done.

Edit:  After reading the above, I have to say that avoiding a game based on the title is akin to judging a book by its cover, ie, rather silly.  That said, I have no problem with you taking the series in a more serious, or at least less 'Roger is a total jackass loser' direction for a change.  I'm enjoying the game so far, though there's a crucial difference between 'Dethawing' and 'Defrosting' :).

SanTrap

Didn't remember my old accounts username or password, so I rise from the ashes with a new one. First of all I haven't posted here in a loooooooong time. So why now? CAUSE THIS GAME ROCKS! I loved it. I consider it to be one of the best or THE BEST game I've ever played done with AGS.

The music was epic. The cutscenes epic (slow-mo oh hell yeah). I laughed like crazy so the jokes we're dead on, atleast for me. Fun puzzles not too hard, not too easy. And the graphics are outstanding. So I congratulate you sir, you've done a hell of a job!!

Only things I missed was voice acting and oh my dear god if I could see this game in HD glory I would literally soil my pants. Thank you for this awesome gaming experience! Next up for me Vohaul Strikes Back!

ps i got 722 points and three trophies..so what's the secret ending  ;D
G: How can you see without eyeballs?

M: How can you walk around without a brain? Some things no one can answer.

Shadow1000

I just finished the game.

This game completely sets a new standard for adventure games. I don't have enough praise for how awesome this game is. I'll try to write my comments when I have a chance over the weekend.

I plan to play again to get more points and trophies and enjoy the experience again :)

I finished with about 684 points and 3 trophies. I had to consult the walkthrough for hints about 5 times. The puzzles were clever and well-designed and logical enough that with enough persistence I figured out the rest independently (which is how a good adventure game should be)

Many thanks to those who put in all that hard work over the years!

SHADOW

Scorpio82

Thanks!

Quote from: ProgZmaxI'm enjoying the game so far, though there's a crucial difference between 'Dethawing' and 'Defrosting' :)

Hmmm... indeed there is. We'll just pretend that "dethawed" isn't the opposite of thawed until the next update. :)

Quote from: SanTrapif I could see this game in HD glory I would literally soil my pants.

I'll spare your pants because a lot of my renders were crashing at 640x480 as it was. I don't think my computer could handle re-rendering the whole game again in HD. Not without another couple years or a studio-sized render farm on hand anyway.

Quote from: Santrapps i got 722 points and three trophies..so what's the secret ending 

You get one when you reach the max score, and another when you get the lowest score. :)

Jared

Did you see that there's a comment claiming to be from Mark Crowe on the downloads page of the game's home? I got excited on your behalf...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk