Space Quest Incinerations!

Started by Scorpio82, Wed 11/01/2012 19:25:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Scorpio82

I saw it as well and became plenty excited myself. I'm following up via e-mail to see if he's the real deal.

doctorfargo

Wow! Looks cool! :o

Downloading now!  :)

MMMorshew

I remember seeing youtube videos of this one or two years ago. I had no idea that it would be finished by now. Awesome!  :o *goes downloading*

BUT WAIT A SECOND. [off-topic mode ON]
Are you the one who made these Klikn-Play games called Devils Triangle and MI:2?
Oh god, I remember how awesome they seemed to me when I was looking around the internet for monkey island stuff when I was 11 in 2004. I remember showing them to my parents after I downloaded them all.  ;D
They were pretty much my first inspiration for making my own games.

deadsuperhero

Just beat it. What a great fangame this was! You've managed to exceed all of my expectations of what a fangame should be, and you've nicely added some continuity to the Space Quest canon.

Well done! :D
The fediverse needs great indie game developers! Find me there!

Monsieur OUXX

This game (as well as the 2 other AGS Space Quest games)had a full page in this week's issue of French video games magazine "Canard PC". It's a rather influential magazine (one of the top 4 magazines I'd say).

Dave Gilbert

Finally got around to downloading this... but your page appears to be down. :(

pcj

Space Quest: Vohaul Strikes Back is now available to download!

Dave Gilbert

Datadog

Hmmm... the site seems to be okay. It was probably a weird glitch in the server. I'll do a back-up, just in case.

QuoteAre you the one who made these Klikn-Play games called Devils Triangle and MI:2?

Yes, those were my first two games from way back. (Sorry I missed your message last month.)

WalkThruWalls

Just caught this on Attack of the Show - congrats!

Datadog

As mentioned over on the "Vohaul Strikes Back" thread, "Space Quest: Incinerations" now also has a mac port, courtesy of Lunchbox!

On top of that, I've also uploaded some SQInc videos over the last few weeks and I figure I might as well share them. People have been still asking for game-play footage on this thing, so months after release, I finally got around to video-capping it.

Clip #1: The Coffee Puzzle
Clip #2: The Battlefield
Clip #3: The Arcade Sequence

As far as gameplay goes, though, I recommend checking out PawDugan's in-progress Let's Play of the game over at ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com. They do the best voices for the characters so far, and also did a really funny one for IA's SQ2+ as well.

And just for fun, I uploaded an "Incinerations/Avengers" mash-up parody that I made last night.

I'll keep this thread updated when I get around to organizing the talkie version of the game.

Frodo

Just played this game - WOW!  What an amazing game!  :shocked:

Made a review for it on my site HERE.

Sledgy

Easter eggs

(SPOILERS!)

There're several endings in the game:

1) Roger will be just fly away to the space in his ship
2) Roger will be with Beatrice (true ending!))
3) Roger will be drink beer with Stellar

There're bonus endings:

1) Rock music video with all game characters
2) Funny ending with aftergame stories about all characters (in the comedy style)
3) Ending about Chronarr after 20 years

How to reach these endings?

Someone discovered these ways:

- Talk with main characters in the last scene (inside the incinerator) and you'll open three endings
- One ending is for maximum scores. Another ending is for minimum scores

Sledgy

Maybe there'll be Incinerations 2 !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk