Defender of Ron Ending

Started by Ezekiel, Thu 12/01/2012 03:55:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ezekiel

I just finished Defender of Ron (which was a great game) and I noticed that the game set up a larger story line involving the Surrealist and the a gemstone called the Turquoise Daffodil. As far as I can tell, I don't see any further games that build on that story line. Are there any further games about this?

Valentijn

Hi Ezekiel, thank you for your nice comments on my game!

Back when I made it, I was optimistic about making a sequel, I did have some plans but I never got further than drawing the sprites for Llamaman. I've been nothing but a forum lurker ever since... Maybe I will still get to make that game someday, but I would like to finish up some non-AGS projects first.

I do remember intentionally setting up several plot points hoping that other people would pick them up if I wouldn't get to do that myself (so, feel free! (that goes for everyone!)). Someone actually did do that, more or less! The game 'Surreality' is about an investigation into the identity of the Surrealist. It's a bit... abstract... (I must admit I didn't actually understand it!)

Not really plot-related, but I could certainly recommend last year's 'The Affair Of The Weirdo', for the excellent characterisations, including for characters appearing in 'Defender'. That game does follow up on Phil's character development in a very good, natural way.

Ponch

I'd like to see you finish the next game in the story, Valentijn. Llamaman needs more adventures.  8)

Cyrus

I believe the only drawback of the game was that you didn't include the Surrealist sprite. I really wish we could see what he looks like as the Surrealist (not as his alter-ego, which was discovered in "Surreality").

Valentijn

not as his alter-ego, which was discovered in "Surreality"

Um, yeah, that's the part I didn't really get! Because of this thread, I recently re-played that one and still... as far as I could see it ends with at least three main suspects but no clear 'discovery':

Spoiler

-Tom himself would probably be the main suspect, although this is denied in some dialogue
-The new character (whatshisname) on the final screen, right of the village square
-The Baron (or his brother?)
[close]

Would be grateful if somebody could tell me what I missed there, what should be the key hint, what eliminates the alternative suspects... I might be over-thinking things..?

Ezekiel

I tried downloading Surreality from the RON website, but unfortunately, the link is broken.

Renegade Implementor

The link is broken no longer, so download away.

Cyrus

The download includes a text file, where everything is explained.
Spoiler
Tom is the Surrealist, and Matzhyoeet is a part of his split personality.
[close]

Valentijn

Thanks for that! I still have the earliest release/download of Surreality which does not include that text file. There's only a readme which asks players to send their thoughts on the identity of the Surrealist to the game's creator by e-mail.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk