Donna: Avenger of Blood (warning! nudity! run for the hills!) - curr. ver. 1.5

Started by Goldmund, Fri 13/01/2012 02:09:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldmund

A nameless country, somewhere in Eastern Europe, is deep in financial depression.
To the metropolis capital come two foreigners: Christian and Donna.
They both keep to themselves and are seen only at night.

Their stay at the Eldorado Hotel is interrupted one night by mysterious visitors who break into their room and shoot Christian. Some bullets hit Donna, who falls to the street below and finds herself naked in the middle of the hostile, unkown city; what’s more, the dawn is coming and let’s say that her skin isn’t prepared for meeting the sunrays.

The player controls Donna, who, after securing her life, goes on a quest of vengeance to find killers of Christian, meets mad inhabitants of the metropolis, gets into a love affair, and discovers the true reason behind Christian coming to this country.

The game is long, maybe one of the longest among AGS games.

It contains nudity, sexuality, drug use, smoking, lesbianism, violence, politics, metapsychical questions, and vampires (I swear to God I started to make this game BEFORE Twilight, in 2001!)

Download now, weep later:

http://donnathegame.wordpress.com

EDIT:
Ah, yes... mirrors, please?  :(
EDIT2:
Enough mirrors already. I love you.

Secret Fawful

GAZONGAS BABY! JUGGS! WOO WOO WOO. FWEOOOOOOOH.

But yeah, congrats on the release. I always love seeing long-running projects finally finish. You're one of very few that I know of. That alone makes me want to play this.

Cogliostro

MIRROR - updated to version 1.5

MINOR BUG: When I first launch the game, it comes up and says:  "Video playing error: File not found or format not supported C:\[path name]\terminus"

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

FrancoFranchi

I remember looking forward to this game years ago - even have the trailer somewhere on my computer ;D

Eager to try it over the weekend!

Goldmund

Hahah, thanks, guys.

Cogliostro: there is a short intro film playing before the game opening, nothing important to the game, and it seems you don't have the codec. Anybody else have this problem? If so, I could change it to different encoding.
Thanks for the mirror! :-)

AGA

Hooray for delayed gratification! I will play this at some point. In the meantime, have a mirror.

Chicky

Oooh! Freakin' awesome, big well done for finishing Goldmundo!

Tits! Downloading now :D

Snarky

The Old Ones are returning. Guess the old prophecies (aka. GiP threads) were right! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

First the various SQ fan games, and now DONNA. Very cool!

Guess I'll play it after I've caught up on the 2011 AGS Awards candidates. And To the Moon. And Book of Unwritten Tales. And Portal 2. And the Bake Sale.

... Damn, there are too many good games!

Snake

GOLDMUND, YOU SNEAKY ASSHOLE! YAY! It's DONE!

I gasped with excitement when I noticed it bumped in the GiP forum and then immediately let down to see it locked. I said to myself, "Of course...". I figured it was bumped by someone new asking about it's progress resulting in Darth swooping in and slicing that ridiculous shit right off. So I clicked on it anyway and to my surprise, there YOU are with your chicken-head hair-doo* smiling at me saying it's finished! Hooray!

I shall download and play as soon as I get the chance!

*or at least I remember you years ago with a spiky sort of doo (which I call, "Chicken-head", heh)

\\--EDIT--//
It goes to show how observant I am... you are not smiling in your avatar!
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Chrille

I'm still amazed and impressed that you kept this alive for ten years. Congratulations on the official release!
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Ponch

It had been so long, I had completely forgotten all about this game. But now, without warning, it's out! Hooray!  :D

Lewis

Not that far into this yet, but loving it so far: Stylish, mature, gritty and compelling. I'd perhaps have advised a small tutorial for those unfamiliar with older adventure interfaces, but no biggie. Can't wait to see how it develops.
Returning to AGS after a hiatus. Co-director of Richard & Alice and The Charnel House Trilogy.

Chrille

GASPOP software

LimpingFish

Quote from: Goldmund on Fri 13/01/2012 02:09:23
It contains nudity, sexuality, drug use, smoking, lesbianism, violence, politics, metapsychical questions...

Just like my brain! :D

Well done indeed!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Goldmund

Yeah, well, my brain can like hold 3-4 things, so if I get one idea for a game, I'm stuck with it.

Snake: you remember right, but now that I have a mustache, smiling is forbidden (you could lose your tache for that.) Ask Charles Bronson.

Thank you guys. You are lovely.

And this is a pretty fine mirror, AGA, too!

Chrille: Pants??? Like, in Callsoon?

Chrille

Hey! yeah they actually have something in common. Find pants and advance!

Oh, and the intro movie works fine for me too. Cogliostro, try the CCCP codec pack.
GASPOP software

LimpingFish

Quote from: Chrille on Fri 13/01/2012 21:27:24
Cogliostro, try the CCCP codec pack.
Indeed. It's just an MPEG-4 file, encoded with DivX, so installing the CCCP Pack, or K-Lite Codec Pack, should fix it.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk