* The Sacred Tablets of Tibet

Started by steptoe, Sun 18/03/2012 10:26:31

Previous topic - Next topic

steptoe

V1

1500 B.C. The God of Hope gave three Sacred Tablets of enlightenment to the Tibetan Holy Secret Society.

Each Sacred Tablet had the power to bring peace and hope to mankind through spiritual and astral projections.

They could not be used to hurt mankind directly, but in the wrong hands they could open portals to other dimensions and bring forth demonic creatures of unspeakable evil.

Wang the Merciless, a feared Tibetan Warlord, sought out the Sacred Tablets to harness their power and use it for his own ends!

Mandrin, the Tibetan Secret Society Master Priest, knew that if Wang the Merciless found the Sacred Tablets he would unleash horror on the world.

This could not be allowed to happen!!

Faced with this threat, Mandrin decided to separate the Sacred Tablets and hide each one in a secret location.

2012 A.D. (Present Day) The Secret Society has spent centuries gathering information about the whereabouts of each of the Sacred Tablets. It is finally time to bring them home.

They need someone from the Holy Order to go out and retrieve the Tablets. They need someone with courage and strength.

They need you, Jonesy Smith.

An airplane has been chartered for your use. Now bring those Tablets home!

There is a twist at the end!

Is anyone in the tent?

Who is the man frozen in a block of ice?

GAME INFO:

* Video Intro Story
* Flag AutoSaves (Flags in various places. Walk into flag to AutoSave.)
* Delete AutoSaves option.
* 3 Location Chapters:
* Chapter 1: Sudan 'Temple of Laketa'
* Chapter 2: India 'Punjab rock'
* Chapter 3: Mongolia 'The Golden Gate'
* Chapters can be done in any order.

PLAY INCLUDES:

* Riding a Camel and an Elephant.
* Solving a mystery in a waterfall.
* Finding a Red Oasis with strange drinking effects.
* Confronting a Tiger and a Wolf.
* Solving Word puzzles.
* Getting dope for a Fakir.
* Hearing about a mysterious 'Wind Dragon'.
* Finding a way down a snow slope.
* Watching the Indian rope trick.
* Who is the man frozen in a block of ice ?
* Who is Mr X ?

SPECS:
Zipped Size: 44.2 Mbs
Unzipped Size: 79.7 Mbs
16 Bit colour.
320 x 240 resolution.
Direct Draw 5.
Music and Sound included.

CONTROLS:

Primary Mouse

To view Inventory and Contol Panel hover mouse at the top of the screen.

Download: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=1563

It's not over until the fat lady sings..

sthomannch

Nedshi

Everything is looking good, congrats on getting the game done.

Shadow1000

I enjoyed this game.

Puzzles were somewhat easy but still fun. Graphics were adequate. Music was nice. Story was enough to make a good short game.

Thank you!

SHADOW

steptoe

Thanks guys.

It's always good to receive some positive feedback.

I agree that the puzzles were not over complex.

It was really an exercise in further building my array of skills that will help me to build more complex and interesting games in the future.

Thank you for your comments

steptoe

Shadow1000

Quote from: steptoe on Tue 27/03/2012 21:29:41
Thanks guys.

It was really an exercise in further building my array of skills that will help me to build more complex and interesting games in the future.

BIG step up from the previous game. You should be proud of yourself and encouraged to keep creating games!

SHADOW

Cogliostro

Finished the game last night and thought I'd offer up my comments:

PROs:
The sound effect when you hit the flag amused me endlessly.
The overall play was enjoyable.  You kept it entertaining and avoided a bunch of tedious beginner steps.
I ran into only one bug.
The number of animations was impressive.
The background story was a quick-and-dirty justificiation for the Indiana-Jones style adventure, but with enough substance to go somewhere if later on you wanted to have more fun with this game.

CONs:
The graphics are rough and the music doesn't loop cleanly, but none of that was a surprise given the screenshots you posted.  As you pointed out, you’re learning the system and trying to get better at making games, and you really are! Oddly enough, the only bit that irked me (and this is undoubtedly a pet peeve of mine) was the bad research.  Let me mention just two:  the saguaro cactus - a cactus native to Arizona - was growing in the Sudan, which is marked on the map where Saudi Arabia should be?!  If the game had been a spoof that would have been expected, but in this game is just seemed odd.

Anyhow, the game was fun and keep up the good work.

- Cogliostro

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

steptoe

Cheers Cogliostro

your comments have been duly noted. Thanks.

My graphic skills could be much better I agree.

I have since realised that there is a small pause at the end one of the music files. I'll need to record that one again, thanks.

About the cacti, well, afaik Sudan is correctly shown on the map and I used cacti as a filler as it were, maybe they were misplaced, some may realise this and some won't. Nonetheless,  I feel that its acceptable though I think I would have something else if I were doing it now.

You mention about running into a 'bug'?

Thank you for your comments.

;)

steptoe

Mike85

I think the game is a good attempt.

As for your sound files. You could try using Audacity. Its a free program and you can edit your sounds a little.

Link is here: audacity.sourceforge.net/

steptoe

Hi

yeh, already have audacity. I generally use Total Recorder.

Cogliostro

steptoe -

Bug: When in the Sudan, if you cross over the pit of spikes, and then cross back *BEFORE* pulling the switch... WOW!  Can Jonsey ever jump!

Map:

Okay, the game shows Sudan here:

But shouldn't it be here:

Yeah, the cactus is acceptable.  I was just enjoying the game enough so that the inconsistencies stood out in my mind. 

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

steptoe

Jeepers. Case of crossed eyes.. Yep... ok

I have crossed ceiling ladder both ways before doing switch and seemed ok.  I'll check it out again.

Map being done...

cheers a lot Cogliostro

lucydark

;D I thought this game was really fun! The puzzles were doable and logical. It had an Indie feel- which I love. Yes, there were some geography issues as mentioned above- but those are easily fixable and forgivable! I really dig games that take you places. I keep the sound off when I play games so I can’t comment on the music or voice. I am looking forward to the sequel!

steptoe

Thank you  lucydark,

A sequal.... Mmm, maybe once I've brushed up my skills  :)

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk