Donna: Avanger of Blood

Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Xiphias

Quote from: Weisler on Sun 04/03/2012 21:55:57

Spoiler

I see. Well, the "map of Sernov" in Romero's secret room is a puzzle itself. You need to solve and take it with you. Make sure you get all the other items from his room, as well. If I remember correctly, you take Romero's diary, the archeology book (Runes) and the "corrected map of Sernov" from his room.
[close]

Aha!  THAT was it!
Spoiler

I never picked up the diary.  It doesn't DIRECTLY deal with the puzzle, so I didn't realize what I hadn't done, but it was a necessary prerequisite.
[close]
Thanks!

lyra

First off... What an AWESOME game Blaze!!  I commend you 100% on the ten years of dedication and hard work that it took to create this masterpiece!

Now on to my need of assistance...
I am on night 1:  First trip in the subway, added the thug's address to the map, can't go there.  Can't go to the park, can't go to the hotel that Christian was shot in, can only go to the lousy motel and I die in the sun with no chance of retreat.  I have interacted and looked at everything, or have I??

Xiphias

Quote from: lyra on Mon 05/03/2012 02:18:19
First off... What an AWESOME game Blaze!!  I commend you 100% on the ten years of dedication and hard work that it took to create this masterpiece!

Now on to my need of assistance...
I am on night 1:  First trip in the subway, added the thug's address to the map, can't go there.  Can't go to the park, can't go to the hotel that Christian was shot in, can only go to the lousy motel and I die in the sun with no chance of retreat.  I have interacted and looked at everything, or have I??

My guess, as I had some trouble with this, too . . .
Spoiler

The door to the motel IS a hotspot, but when you're panicking because your character is dying, it can be a little hard to get to.  The wall to your left has a door in it, which can be interacted with.  Took me, like, four tries to get it . . .
[close]

lyra

;D Thank you so much for such a timely response!  I will give in another go.  I hate to be stuck when Ireally want to play this game...  8)

o.livia

Hi!

I just completed the lucid dream and Christian told me to find the video tape but I have no idea what to do next! I've been to every location on the map and can't figure out what to do. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Weisler

Quote from: o.livia on Tue 06/03/2012 17:31:32
Hi!

I just completed the lucid dream and Christian told me to find the video tape but I have no idea what to do next! I've been to every location on the map and can't figure out what to do. Can someone please help? Thanks!

Did you smoke a cigarette to get a hint?.

o.livia

Quote from: Weisler on Wed 07/03/2012 09:00:44
Quote from: o.livia on Tue 06/03/2012 17:31:32
Hi!

Did you smoke a cigarette to get a hint?.

Thanks for the response! Yes, I've tried smoking a cigarette, but all it says is "Hmm." I've been to visit Rennie's apartment, and helped the guy at the cyber cafe. When I try and call him it says he is working on it. I am thinking about going back to an earlier save...

Weisler

Mulkin is a good friend. Did you talk to him this night? Also, are you looking for the Gaelish Balsaad too?

o.livia

Thank you for your help! I figured it out though:

Spoiler

I had never picked up the receipt for the antique shop at Rennie's apartment.

[close]

lyra

Okay... stuck again... I think.  I am in the Lucid dream.. got the old love letter... and I apparently am in the "middle of something or other" and can't leave the dream.  What am I missing here?  I tried the sequence in reverse and didn't get anything...  ???

Goldmund

Spoiler
Talk to the portraits and listen to what they need.
[close]

Weisler

Quote from: lyra on Fri 09/03/2012 05:35:32
Okay... stuck again... I think.  I am in the Lucid dream.. got the old love letter... and I apparently am in the "middle of something or other" and can't leave the dream.  What am I missing here?  I tried the sequence in reverse and didn't get anything...  ???

lyra, do not use use the "interact" button on everything. Explore all the options you have, the "talk", "take" and later the "interact". The dream is one of the easiest puzzles in the game. Just read the story in each portrait. You are in the most interesting night I believe. Prepare for many plot twists! 8)

lyra

;D Funny that this is the easiest.. must be that I was just thinking too hard?  LOL  I shall go to it and conquer.  Thank YOU!!!  But with the forewarning that this night is full of twists I will be paying full attention.

JohnnyMaximum

I need some tips on how to bite people in the park. Like the cigarette tip says, I try to stay in the shadows and be quick. I must be doing something wrong because its not working for me. I can usually remain hidden fine, but every single time I jump out to bite the person squeaks, runs away, and Donna stops in her tracks. Every. Single. Time. I've been at this over an hour, tried every patch of shadow I can find, and tried varying the timing of when I click bite. This game has been fantastic and gripping so far, but this is a game breaker for me if I can't figure it out.   

Goldmund

The easiest way to bite ---

Spoiler

Stand behind the branching tree in the middle of the path, it's the most convenient one.
Select "Bite" from the GUI.
Wait until the person is closest to the tree but still visible.
Go for it.
Also, it makes a difference whether you attack from behind or not.
[close]

JohnnyMaximum

THANK you! I think I'm getting the hang of it now. Thanks for the speedy reply :)

popeye

I've just completed the game and enjoyed every minute of it.
I absolutely LOVE this game.
I have two questions to the author:

1. Aren't you planning a sequel?  ;)

2. Why does Milena travel to Berlin in the end? And also Marlene's song... is there a meaning behind this I failed to recognise?

Narushima

I've just finished the game as well, and indeed it is very good.
I do have two minor gripes, though. It feels a bit too whiny at times ('ooh I'm a poor little vampire, the world's nasty, boohoo', etc.), and also the game's rhythm is a bit off. When you get the CS arrested and you say so long to, Mulkin, it feels like the end, but it's far from it. So that's a bit weird.

Apart from that, brilliant.

Goldmund

Popeye -

1) Haha, no, not really. I'm afraid it might spoil the impact. Maybe I will make something similar in style, though.

2) well, it seemed somehow right to me; West Germany was the closest haven of freedom when our country was under communist oppression. I love the Berlin's ambience, too.

Sag Mir, Wo Die Blumen Sind is a pacifist's song about the contrast of calm, unchanging nature and man's drive to war. It reminds me of World War II and the Nazis, who were a clear inspiration behind CountrySons.
Flowers growing on the dead.

Narushima -

What you call "being whiny" is a result of my aim to show how a reject from the society of "goodness", a reject from the "light side" feels like.
Notice that the moment you describe might be the end, if you decide so with Milena. The story's over in a way, it's up to Donna's need for revenge to continue or retire.

popeye

Quote from: Goldmund on Thu 22/03/2012 13:52:04
Popeye -

1) Haha, no, not really. I'm afraid it might spoil the impact. Maybe I will make something similar in style, though.

2) well, it seemed somehow right to me; West Germany was the closest haven of freedom when our country was under communist oppression. I love the Berlin's ambience, too.

Sag Mir, Wo Die Blumen Sind is a pacifist's song about the contrast of calm, unchanging nature and man's drive to war. It reminds me of World War II and the Nazis, who were a clear inspiration behind CountrySons.
Flowers growing on the dead.

I see.
Marlene was quite against the Third Reich, that's right. And she was also lesbian, just like Milena.  :)

I don't know much about Berlin's atmosphere (never been there), but considering the time of the game (2014) and the age of Milena (probably in her late twenties) she could not have too many memories about the communist era. She was probably a small child when the regime fell.

Anyway, it was a real pleasure to play this game and I'm sad its over. The story and the atmosphere of the game grabbed me because I also come from an eastern European country "deep in financial recession", and this euroskeptic pessimism and the slight presence of right-wing extremism is tangible. I hope there aren't any demons to help them, though. :)
I'd love to see another game similar in style.

Take care!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk