Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldmund

saren -

Spoiler
look at the address; this will unlock the location on the map
[close]

Xionix

How I past the piano puzzle. I got the notes but I'm confused with the "p" and "b".

Goldmund

If you can't pass a sound-related puzzle, you can always read the "for hearing impaired" txt file in the game directory.

Xionix

Thx so much it worked!!! I was stuck in this puzzle for like 3 days lol. So I finally give up and asked for help. Is really an awesome game for being your first. I like to write myself but I don't got talent to put a game together. But thank you for this masterpiece. I will like to see more of your work in the future.

sipjezzy

Quote from: Goldmund on Thu 09/02/2012 01:19:44
Spoiler
The SWAT downstairs can see the whole interior of the elevator...
[close]

Many many thanks!!

I finished the game!! I was surprised by two things:
Spoiler
the end (too sad for me, but it's only my opinion... but poor Donna! Very unlucky.)
[close]
and the piano. I solved the puzzle because I studied music many years ago. At first time I wondered: "and one that can't play?"
Then I read of the suggestions that there was to find a book on the shelves .... Oh!
Anyway a very good game. It took me some days to finish it. We need more games like this.
Bye!

SquirlyGirl

I don't see how to put spoiler tags in post so Ill try to be very vague in what I describe or if  moderator could put what I write in spoilers I'd appreciate it.

SPOILERS : Im at night 2 in the La Bookery, Just started the IQ Tournament. He asks same question over and over(which I get wrong), I don't happen to see any clues in what he says, Is there a certain thing I need to search for at the internet cafe? I talked to all the guys around him they make it sound like there is a clue in his question but I just don't see it. Hint please :)

oooh lol nvm I figered it out, Forgot about super powers :)

Athel

Quote from: Goldmund on Tue 24/01/2012 10:34:09
Nefarius --

Spoiler

Buddha is right, but
you have to play the sequence twice; only the second time is a bit different, as you can see in the notes.

The notes are:

D Eb F G Bb A G
D Eb F G G Bb A Bb
[close]

Why is there fewer notes in in the actual solution than in the sheet? Also, Why is there no E note when it definitely appears in the sheet?
Can someone explain to me the logic behind this piano puzzle? I was breaking my head for two days(even taking notes on paper and googling piano-related stuff) before finally giving up and searching help on this thread.

With that said, I fucking luv the game.

Goldmund

Why is there fewer notes in in the actual solution than in the sheet?

Because in the sheet it's the same sequence repeated twice.

Also, Why is there no E note when it definitely appears in the sheet?

It doesn't. It's E lowered by half-note, that is, Es. When small b's you see, play the black keys, it's eas-ee.

Cheers.

Athel

Quote from: Goldmund on Sat 18/02/2012 21:11:06
Why is there fewer notes in in the actual solution than in the sheet?

Because in the sheet it's the same sequence repeated twice.

Also, Why is there no E note when it definitely appears in the sheet?

It doesn't. It's E lowered by half-note, that is, Es. When small b's you see, play the black keys, it's eas-ee.

Cheers.

I see, thanks.

kdbutterfly

I am beyond stuck at this point. I'm on Night 5 I believe. I just found the cafe from the poem's first line, but the guy behind the door is asking for a poem. I went through all my options, and he won't give me the videotape. I tried sliding the envelope and the poem under the door, but he won't look at them. Please help!!

Goldmund

Hm, try to do what you did again, there's the solution in the actions you say you already took.

kdbutterfly

Thanks! It finally worked! I think I was just playing too many hours in a row, haha. After a fresh start today, it worked immediately.

This game is amazing, by the way. Incredible job.

kdbutterfly

I just passed the game, though I think I got the bad end. I chose to leave the country, but I didn't actually think I'd leave the country and that'd be it! I was hoping there'd be an option to retry, but there wasn't.  I didn't save since Night 5, so I was rather disappointed. Is there anyone out there with a saved game file they could send me that saved right before Donna makes the decision to leave the country or stay? I was so close!

mathfreak

Quote from: Chrille on Fri 20/01/2012 14:45:08
The Todd:
Spoiler
It needs to be drawn in shape of something special, part of the answer is in Romero's notebook, the other can be found in the same room.
[close]

I saw that TheTodd got it, but I'm stuck in this part, too. All I've been able to do in the house is
Spoiler
Get the book on archeology, play the piano to get into the secret room, and get the marker. Is there something I'm missing in the bedroom? I can't find Romero's notebook anywhere
[close]

Goldmund

kdbutterfly -- I'm sorry. You can't say that you weren't warned it was an important decision, though. Let's hope somebody has a saved game for you.

mathfreak --
Spoiler
there are at least 2 more items in Romero's secret room that you need, his diary among them.
[close]

mathfreak

Quote from: Goldmund on Mon 20/02/2012 21:46:55
mathfreak --
Spoiler
there are at least 2 more items in Romero's secret room that you need, his diary among them.
[close]

Excellent! That worked perfectly and I finished the game.  I can't believe that I
Spoiler
didn't look on the bookcase or try taking the rune chart. I kept trying to look at or interact with the chart, but never thought of taking it. I even tried taking the statue and the tapestry, but not the chart.
[close]

This game was an absolute blast. I like the multiple endings and the character interactions. I didn't really like the sonic puzzles. The shortcuts in the text file didn't work for me, but that may be because I'm running it on Linux. But still, they weren't  that hard and didn't detract from how much fun the game is.

VanillaButter

SPOILERS: I think this is my last day. I completely useless with the map of the great woods. I found the notebook and smoke two more cigarettes, but I couldn't mark the right villages.  I just dont understand in which hints I should be focus (contours? cliffs? villages' names? white polygenes? numbers?) what "burial grounds" means?

It's really shame no one else asks about this part I really feel stupid  :-[

Great game!   

Tabata

Quote from: VanillaButter on Tue 21/02/2012 19:10:32
..what "burial grounds" means?

It's a tract  of land used for burials (something like a cemetary/grave yard)

This is the hints-thread and everybody has different problems â€" sometimes it is the gameplay and sometimes a special puzzle â€" even the language can be something to struggle (I know, what I am talking about ;) ) So you don't have to feel stupid!

I am not far enough in the game but thinking about the theme I would concentrate on the burial grounds  ::)

benmaltz

This has to be one of the best games ever posted to the AGS collection, right up there with the Chzo Mythos/Trilby series. That said, there are a few points where I would have been permanently stuck if others hadn't also encountered the same issues and posted in this thread.

Spoiler

(1) When the vagabond drops the first note into the trashcan, it's not readily apparent that he does anything except walk around and then leave. Unless you're really paying close attention there's not enough to prompt you to search the bin. If you've missed this step, smoking a cigarette doesn't point you in the right direction, so you're left wandering around wondering what else you're supposed to do.
(2) If you save after setting off the alarm in the antique shop your game crashes upon re-loading. Lost several hours of progress this way.
(3) When you attempt to show the poem to the man in the Thai restaurant it does not work at first. I tried several times and he just threatened me with a shotgun. On my fourth or fifth attempt he finally took it and I'm not sure what was different but it took about an hour of trying different things before he finally accepted the poem.
[close]
I saw that others had the above issues as well, and as far as I'm concerned they're the only thing stopping this from being a PERFECT game. Really, really well done.

Torpor

It's my first post here, so hi to everyone!

First i have to say, this game is awesome. Thank you so much for making it! Few games can build up such an atmosphere, intense and subtle at the same time.

Spoiler

Up til now, i managed to solve every puzzle by myself (even if i did some "real" internet research to get through the tests of the 4 intellectual guys because i had no idea where to find the answer ingame, but it actually was cool to look up the topics they were asking questions about), but now i am stuck for real. I am on this TV show with these 4 guys, and i have to find a way to leave. I thought if i insult everyone enough, the host would kick me out but she didn't.

Now my only options are to say the same over and over again to the 4 guys and the host. Theres a screen behind us which also doesn't help too much, and i just don't know what i could possibly do right now? Are there certain dialogue options to be chosen? I can bring Items to discussion, but that also wont't help. I feel so stupid, i bet it's something absolutely obvious, but i just dont't have the slightest clue. Help would be very much appreciated.

EDIT:

Spoiler

Oh my, how could i not see the phone number scrolling by  :o  seems i first had to cry out for help before the i recognize the obvious, so... sorry for the stupid question *blush*

[close]

[close]

I hope my english does not suck too bad and is at least semi-understandable, it's not my native language  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk