Donna: Avanger of Blood

Started by an Urpney, Sat 14/01/2012 15:52:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Weisler

Hello, AGS fans and creators!
The story was so mind-blowing. I've never seen this kind of animation before. They look like photo-animated characters. Compared to Downfall from harvester games, the animation is much smoother and better looking.
I kinda predicted the real ending coming in the last night, though. Makes perfect sense. Very well made game!

Quote from: benmaltz on Fri 24/02/2012 17:46:46
Spoiler

(1)When the vagabond drops the first note into the trashcan, it's not readily apparent that he does anything except walk around and then leave. Unless you're really paying close attention there's not enough to prompt you to search the bin. If you've missed this step, smoking a cigarette doesn't point you in the right direction, so you're left wandering around wondering what else you're supposed to do.
[close]
Spoiler
He throws the note into the trashcan. Isn't it obvious you can "interact" the trashcan after that everytime?
[close]
Spoiler

(2) If you save after setting off the alarm in the antique shop your game crashes upon re-loading. Lost several hours of progress this way.
[close]
Spoiler
Yes. Save before you enter the antique shop. Exit the game to windows, launch Donna.exe and restore the saved game.
[close]
Spoiler

(3) When you attempt to show the poem to the man in the Thai restaurant it does not work at first. I tried several times and he just threatened me with a shotgun. On my fourth or fifth attempt he finally took it and I'm not sure what was different but it took about an hour of trying different things before he finally accepted the poem.
[close]
Spoiler
First, "Interact" the door. The man behind the door will threaten you with a shotgun. Do not insert the poem ,yet. "Talk" to that door. A dialogue will take place.
[close]

NickyNyce

Silly question here....but when I downloaded the game, my computer had a pop up that said this download could be very harmful to my computer, it was written in red and caused me to cancel the download...
I have Kaspersky anti virus on my computer, I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I'm sure it's not a problem, but I have never seen this before with any other game I have downloaded.

Weisler

Quote from: NickyNyce on Sun 26/02/2012 12:53:17
Silly question here....but when I downloaded the game, my computer had a pop up that said this download could be very harmful to my computer, it was written in red and caused me to cancel the download...
I have Kaspersky anti virus on my computer, I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I'm sure it's not a problem, but I have never seen this before with any other game I have downloaded.

That's weird. I have Kaspersky Internet Security.It has never showed up any pop-up window to alert me for a possible virus/trojan while downloading or playing the game. Did you download it from the official site?
http://donnathegame.wordpress.com

Btw, I got the game from the first download link (not the Mirror one)

Weisler

Anyone knows the password that works on Ernest Rightwell's laptop in CS HQ? I have finished the game, though.

Weisler

Quote from: VanillaButter on Tue 21/02/2012 19:10:32
SPOILERS: I think this is my last day. I completely useless with the map of the great woods. I found the notebook and smoke two more cigarettes, but I couldn't mark the right villages.  I just dont understand in which hints I should be focus (contours? cliffs? villages' names? white polygenes? numbers?) what "burial grounds" means?

It's really shame no one else asks about this part I really feel stupid  :-[

Great game!  

Spoiler

Look at the Rune stone "Othala" in the archeology book (you can take the book with you). Notice the shape of the stone...When you finish the puzzle, take the "corrected"map with you. It will serve you as a compass in the woods...
[close]

NickyNyce

Yes, I downloaded it from there. I assuming it's my anti virus getting a bit worked up over nothing, but it did get me to cancel the download

Mngwa

Hello. Awesome game!! Hard though. I am stuck in night 4, I got in antique shop, but dont know what number is the right shelf.

Weisler

Quote from: Mngwa on Sun 26/02/2012 17:18:55
Hello. Awesome game!! Hard though. I am stuck in night 4, I got in antique shop, but dont know what number is the right shelf.
Spoiler

Smoke a cigarette to get a hint. You can always try smoking to get a hint for any puzzle or if you feel clueless about what to do next. Inside the antique shop, you need to get rid off the alarm from above first...Then explore all the room till you find a book.
[close]

Mngwa

Quote from: Weisler on Sun 26/02/2012 18:31:08
Quote from: Mngwa on Sun 26/02/2012 17:18:55
Spoiler

Smoke a cigarette to get a hint. You can always try smoking to get a hint for any puzzle or if you feel clueless about what to do next. Inside the antique shop, you need to get rid off the alarm from above first...Then explore all the room till you find a book. [/hint]
[close]
Thanks, but I have already made it, but now I am stuck again in hotel - night five. How to get out? These is just some bucket, which I am unable to use on anything.

Weisler

Quote from: Mngwa on Sun 26/02/2012 19:26:36

Thanks, but I have already made it, but now I am stuck again in hotel - night five. How to get out? These is just some bucket, which I am unable to use on anything.

Spoiler

Take the bucket with you.
When you come out from your room, do you notice that the SWAT team is heading for your room number "5"?
Smoking will give you a hint. There are four rooms. From left to right, room "5", "7", "9" and "11". So, your room is the first one to visit...How can you prevent them from entering the correct room? It is easy to figure this out. Take a break from the game and I am sure you will get the idea. The bucket will come handy in the following scene.

[close]

tdunaj

Stuck on night 1, what are all the actions i am supposed to do?

Spoilers below:

This is what I did:
broke into the safe, went to the website and found the meeting location of the group (says next day on the map).
called the ladies, who told me to call back later.
talked to mulkin and showed him every item in my inventory.
The only place (I think) have not figured out are the cops in front of the hotel. Tried to bypass them, eavesdrop and mind read. Hypnotism does not work.
Smoking says make sure to follow up on all leads from the dead guy.

Great game btw.

peter

Did anyone make a walkthrough !

Weisler

Quote from: peter on Thu 01/03/2012 12:56:04
Did anyone make a walkthrough !

I am not sure. However, you will find solutions or hints for almost everything (puzzles, events, etc) here.

Xiphias

I am on Night Eight, and I feel like I'm missing something obvious:
Spoiler

Donna has gotten the map of Sernov, marked down the areas listed in the book, and Donna has put a red "X" on the map, and taken the map.

Now what?

I've driven to the overlook of the woods, and it feels like I ought to be able to use that map somehow to walk into the woods and find a final confrontation of some sort, but I can't figure out HOW.  I feel like I've either missed a step somewhere, or I'm missing a hotspot.
[close]

Can anyone help me figure out what I've missed?

Weisler

Quote from: Xiphias on Sun 04/03/2012 19:33:35
I am on Night Eight, and I feel like I'm missing something obvious:
Spoiler

Donna has gotten the map of Sernov, marked down the areas listed in the book, and Donna has put a red "X" on the map, and taken the map.

Now what?

I've driven to the overlook of the woods, and it feels like I ought to be able to use that map somehow to walk into the woods and find a final confrontation of some sort, but I can't figure out HOW.  I feel like I've either missed a step somewhere, or I'm missing a hotspot.
[close]

Can anyone help me figure out what I've missed?

Spoiler

If the map is in your inventory, click "Interact" that map. Donna will look to the correct direction. Follow that path. Repeat the same process, untill you find the lake.
[close]

Xiphias

Quote from: Weisler on Sun 04/03/2012 21:02:43

Spoiler

If the map is in your inventory, click "Interact" that map. Donna will look to the correct direction. Follow that path. Repeat the same process, untill you find the lake.
[close]

Actually, I feel that I'm stuck slightly before that.
Spoiler

When I interact with the map, Donna says, "I don't need to use it now.  I know my way."   I'm not figuring out how to get INTO the woods, I think.
[close]

Weisler

Quote from: Xiphias on Sun 04/03/2012 21:27:07

Actually, I feel that I'm stuck slightly before that.
Spoiler

When I interact with the map, Donna says, "I don't need to use it now.  I know my way."   I'm not figuring out how to get INTO the woods, I think.
[close]

Spoiler

When you enter the woods, you see Donna and her car right? If you have the corrected map from Romero's room, the exploration event has just taken place. To the left of your car, the cursor becomes a green direction arrow. Click and Donna will move to the next screen. Then, "interact" the map.
[close]

Xiphias

Quote from: Weisler on Sun 04/03/2012 21:43:00

Spoiler

When you enter the woods, you see Donna and her car right? If you have the corrected map from Romero's room, the exploration event has just taken place. To the left of your car, the cursor becomes a green direction arrow. Click and Donna will move to the next screen. Then, "interact" the map.
[close]

Spoiler

Hmm.  I'm not getting the arrow, so I must have missed a step somewhere.  Perhaps I've not actually finished correcting the map.  . . I'll go back to Romero's house and see what else I can find . . .
[close]

Weisler

Quote from: Xiphias on Sun 04/03/2012 21:45:31

Spoiler

Hmm.  I'm not getting the arrow, so I must have missed a step somewhere.  Perhaps I've not actually finished correcting the map.  . . I'll go back to Romero's house and see what else I can find . . .
[close]

Spoiler

I see. Well, the "map of Sernov" in Romero's secret room is a puzzle itself. You need to solve and take it with you. Make sure you get all the other items from his room, as well. If I remember correctly, you take Romero's diary, the archeology book (Runes) and the "corrected map of Sernov" from his room.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk