[ ON HOLD ] King's Quest 4

Started by Karens, Sun 15/01/2012 09:39:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Karens

Thanks! and yeah, 3d is much easier and quicker, once you have set up models and rigging it's very easy to render out walkcycles and animation, (compared to 2d where you have to draw 4 or 8 walking sprites individually -you only need to plot one walk cycle in 3d and then render it from any angle you want, (if you're planning to learn 3d animation I recommend Motionbuilder by Autodesk, it won't get any easier than that even if the app has a slightly steep learning curve, it's worth it;
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/download/item?id=13581896&siteID=123112

a little update, Edgar,both normal and green,,
and he does look a little goofy with that hairdo :)

I put this in a new post since the other one is getting really big,

arj0n

Something in his face makes him also a bit female...
And, he got boobs  ;D

MMMorshew

These models really have personality and look very realistic without being victim of that weird uncanny-vally-phenomenon, but the shiny, glittery rendering and that hairstyle make it look a little barbieish.  ;)

But thats not a problem at all... except his smile. Looks a little like a sinister version of this:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2008/10/15/WallaceGromit460.jpg

;D

But still, your skill at all this is incredible. Keep it up!

edit by darth non-game image removed

Darth Mandarb

Do I need to mention again that this is NOT the critics lounge people?  Really?  It's not a difficult concept...

qptain Nemo

Even though I don't care about King's Quest, I will play this because this is absolutely adorable.

Karens

Quote from: MMMorshew on Sat 28/01/2012 20:07:04
These models really have personality and look very realistic without being victim of that weird uncanny-vally-phenomenon, but the shiny, glittery rendering and that hairstyle make it look a little barbieish.  ;)

But thats not a problem at all... except his smile. Looks a little like a sinister version of this:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2008/10/15/WallaceGromit460.jpg

;D

But still, your skill at all this is incredible. Keep it up!

edit by darth non-game image removed

Yeah. there is a certain similarity to Wallace's goofy grin,, (or was it Gromit,, hm:)

Quote from: »Arj0n« on Sat 28/01/2012 15:18:24
Something in his face makes him also a bit female...
And, he got boobs  ;D

nah, it's the hairdo, and those are pecs,, I think,, :)

same model with shorter hair ->

and thanks for the compliments:)

Quote from: Nightfable on Sun 29/01/2012 18:39:49

Smexy!! Kiss

I'd have him over the icky pixelated version any day! BTW, I like the pecs.

... Is there a chance we might see him shirtless? *.

heheh ;)

I put the hairdo on Alexander instead, (and I tried create some family resemblance to Rosella);

[/quote]
Quote from: agentbauer on Sun 29/01/2012 20:02:09
Loool nightfalbe  ;D

BTW Karen, I suggest you open a thread in the critics lounge, or Darth might get angry, and I don't want to get this thread closed....

SMILE @ Darth

I would, but I don't really have time for a lot of tweaking right now, or c&c, considering the amount of work I have to go through, so I'll just post an update pic now and then,
I can put it up later when Im less swamped, thanks,

Nightfable

Quote from: Karens on Sun 29/01/2012 18:44:47

same model with shorter hair ->

Image removed from quote ... again

and thanks for the compliments:)

Smexy!! :-*

I'd have him over the icky pixelated version any day! BTW, I like the pecs.

... Is there a chance we might see him shirtless? *.*

agentbauer

Loool nightfalbe  ;D

BTW Karen, I suggest you open a thread in the critics lounge, or Darth might get angry, and I don't want to get this thread closed....

SMILE @ Darth
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

Nightfable

Quote from: agentbauer on Sun 29/01/2012 20:02:09
SMILE @ Darth

Haha, sorry Darth, I couldn't help myself.

I'll keep in check, next time. I promise.  ;)

Construed

I must say this is the most beautifull done graphics in any ags game i have seen.
Almost making me rethink doing mine in 3d.
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Karens

Quote from: GrimReapYou on Tue 31/01/2012 12:20:17
I must say this is the most beautifull done graphics in any ags game i have seen.
Almost making me rethink doing mine in 3d.

You should take a look at Daz3d, they have a lot of freebies and apps that make it very easy to get into 3d. Daz studio is an excellent start; (and free)

http://www.daz3d.com/i/products/daz_studio?

Snarky

Quote from: Karens on Tue 31/01/2012 16:56:22
A little update, the king and queen, not sure if he looks a little weird..

Then you should post it to the critics' lounge, like Darth keeps saying.

Datadog

Impressive screens so far! Best of luck with the animation - with all that hair and cloth on Rosella, you'll need it. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your non-human characters when you get them modeled and rendered.

Karens

Quote from: Datadog on Thu 02/02/2012 00:47:25
Impressive screens so far! Best of luck with the animation - with all that hair and cloth on Rosella, you'll need it. ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing your non-human characters when you get them modeled and rendered.

yeah, animation is a whole lot more work :), the worst thing is probably trying to create natural movement without models looking like stiff robots, (the hair are polygons though, not 'real' hair, that would slow down the animation to a crawl),

Anian

The enterances to the spiral staircases are usually round (like top view of the staircase), because you couldn't really walk down those stairs without crawling, not to mention that you'll have trouble if you try to animate a character walking down them.
But the atmosphere and the texture work are really nice.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Karens

Quote from: anian on Fri 03/02/2012 20:57:31
The enterances to the spiral staircases are usually round (like top view of the staircase), because you couldn't really walk down those stairs without crawling, not to mention that you'll have trouble if you try to animate a character walking down them.
But the atmosphere and the texture work are really nice.

yeah ideally, but since Im recreating the original Sierra-on-line screens that's my first compromise so to speak :)

and while the perspective is a little bit off, Im not animating her going through the hole itself -so I'll just fade out the screen when she's at the top of the stairs, I think that's going to work animation wise,

Anian

I don't want the world, I just want your half

Karens

splat44

Wow look at those graphics!

I hope development still continues!

smaug

Development MUST continue!!!

Abandoning a project this promising and good looking is tantamount to TREASON, and so, must be punished with even harsher methods than possible!!!

Karens, I seem to recall that you posted a wonderful cut scene with Rosella kissing the frogprince, in the MMG forums. I do not know if you plan to use that cut scene in your game, but what I DO know is that if the forum members in the AGS forums had a chance to view the cut scene, they would greatly appreciate it..! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk