[ ON HOLD ] King's Quest 4

Started by Karens, Sun 15/01/2012 09:39:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Karens

Sierra's 4. chapter, The perils of Rosella in 3d, I just need a programmer when the art is done.

It will be true to the original, but without dead ends and having to completely restore when dying.

Some in-game screens (the last pic is a 3d version of the original Kq4 cover);

http://unicorntales.org/kq4-perilsofrosella-remake/

overall progress; 15 % complete

FrankT

Hmm? Isn't there some other KQ4 remake in the works?

smaug

Well, there certainly was a project from Magic Mirror Games, a project that I followed closely and was very impressed by.
Karens was one of their main artists, and would frequently present some of her beautiful artwork in the MMG forums. From what I have seen of her work, so far, I can only say that, in my opinion, if this project is carried through, then it will be a marvelous and beautiful experience for King's Quest fans and adventure game fans, alike!
I mean, the images speak for themselves, don't they?

The very best of luck with this project, Karens, this is a project I will keep my eyes peeled upon!!!

Darth Mandarb

You need two IN-GAME screenshots.  Please review the FORUM RULES and update the first post accordingly.  If you do not have two in-game shots I will lock this until you are ready and can comply with the rules (menu/title screens and promotional art do not count as screenshots).

Thanks

Sslaxx

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Sun 15/01/2012 14:07:59
You need two IN-GAME screenshots.  Please update the first post accordingly.  If you do not have two in-game shots I will lock this until you are ready and can comply with the rules (menu/title screens and promotional art do not count as screenshots).
Karens implied that they don't at the moment have anyone to program the game.
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

Karens

Thank you for the kind words Smaug :)

Yeah, this is just the 3d version since the other one is in 2d,, well, basically :)
and yes, I do need a programmer so if anyone's interested please email me),

edit by darth - moved images to first post to comply with the rules

Darth Mandarb

Thanks Karens!

I hate to be a pain, but are those actually IN game?  I see no character(s), no cursors, no GUIs?  I'm not going to lock this as it now has PLENTY of material to show your progress but people want to see what the game will look like (character, cursor, gui), not just those pretty pictures (and they are pretty)!

Please reply w/ PM so we can keep this thread from becoming a mess.  And to everybody else, let's get back on target and talk about this game and not the previous iterations!

Karens

yes,  they are, and I added a series of images, a cutscene, with the main character :)
(the girl sitting on the throne)

DrSlash

I really wish you good luck with it! These screenshots look great and I hope we'll see this project released some day  ;)

cosmicr

this looks really exciting! the programming may be difficult however, since kq4 was a pretty advanced game, with day/night cycle, timing, etc.

best of luck!

snoopy

Great will this be a Plus version ?

Karens

Thanks!, and no, it's not really a plus version, Im only altering and 'polishing' a few of the puzzles, not many though,, to remedy the many dead ends (like the small island mission),

snoopy

Ok thanks i have another question will we be able to here the characters talk like a speech pack for example?

mkennedy

Quote from: Karens on Mon 16/01/2012 15:00:46
Im only altering and 'polishing' a few of the puzzles, not many though,, to remedy the many dead ends (like the small island mission),

Getting rid of dead ends is always a good thing, Good luck on the project!

The Hero

HI how are you I would just like to say when the game reaches a stage of any testing I would be more then happy to lend a hand  I want to suggest that you post about the project over on http://www.tsl-game.com/index.php a very large number of KQ fans are there of course and it is more active  post over there if you want great feedback
your artwork is amazing i really want this project to succeed many in the fan community would love for a project like this to be done
so again i over any help I can give

I will wait for you in heaven

Arjunaz78

Glad to hear that you make a remake of KQ4,besides an already KQ4 remake that currently made by Magic Mirror Games seems to be 'Dead'..(refer to the date of news on their website)  :-[

I very like your artwork and it's a great one!!..i prefer you include the dead ends options,because it will become more challange like AGDI use it on their KQ1 remake.  :)

p/s: sorry for my bad English.  ;)

THX.
..In the making of Silent Hill: The Hospital..

https://www.facebook.com/ArjunazGamesStudio

arj0n

Off-topic:
Quote from: Arjunaz78 on Tue 17/01/2012 18:01:13
...besides an already KQ4 remake that currently made by Magic Mirror Games seems to be 'Dead'..(refer to the date of news on their website)  :-[
There project might not be that 'Dead' after all...

On-topic:
Good luck on this project Karens (and team?)!!

Sledgy

OMG, wonderful screenshots!!!  :D

Arjunaz78

Quote from: »Arj0n« on Tue 17/01/2012 18:44:11
Off-topic:
Quote from: Arjunaz78 on Tue 17/01/2012 18:01:13
...besides an already KQ4 remake that currently made by Magic Mirror Games seems to be 'Dead'..(refer to the date of news on their website)  :-[
There project might not be that 'Dead' after all...

On-topic:
Good luck on this project Karens (and team?)!!

Did you mean 'King's Quest: Kingdom Of Sorrow' currently in production by Infamous Adventures are actually the King's Quest 4 Remake??
I know they make another King's Quest Remake but it's looks like are not related to King's Quest 4 original..

What i really mean is the Magic Mirror Games is truly 'DEAD' with their 'King's Quest 4 Remake' project.Only refer to them.

p/s: once again sorry for my Bad English  :P
..In the making of Silent Hill: The Hospital..

https://www.facebook.com/ArjunazGamesStudio

Darth Mandarb

Please take discussions that are not about this game into PMs and leave this thread about this game.  Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk