[ ON HOLD ] King's Quest 4

Started by Karens, Sun 15/01/2012 09:39:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Snarky

Is there any reason to believe the game was abandoned in the sixteen hours between when the last update was posted and when the question was posed?

Nightfable

The new screens are stunning! What great attention to detail. :o

Is there any way we can see that Rosella and frogprince cutscene Smaug is talking about?  8)

agentbauer

Quote from: Nightfable on Tue 07/02/2012 16:31:16
The new screens are stunning! What great attention to detail. :o

Is there any way we can see that Rosella and frogprince cutscene Smaug is talking about?  8)

Even if we get a bit off topic, I'd also like to see that scene ;D
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

smaug

Delightfully broody and eerie, even in broad daylight..!

Karens

Construed

I might be able to help you do some basic coding if your still lacking, just pm me or post on my forums
I felt sorry for myself because I had no shoes.
Then I met the man with no feet.

Shadow1000

I have to say that I LOVE the scenes so far!

I think that they are so true to the genre and environment of the game and brilliantly rendered! If this all comes to fruition it could be the next masterpiece.

Good luck!

SHADOW

Karens

Thanks GrimReapYou, I will defin. let you know when Im ready to go :-)

and those are some great compliments SHadow100!,, but masterpiece?,, naah, Im no pro by any means, but hopefully this will look a bit better than the blocky, somewhat ugly MoE 3d graphics,  ;P

and apropos Valentine's day :P

and a little King's Quest nostalgia;

Shadow1000

Quote from: Karens on Thu 16/02/2012 01:24:07

and those are some great compliments SHadow100!,, but masterpiece?,, naah, Im no pro by any means, but hopefully this will look a bit better than the blocky, somewhat ugly MoE 3d graphics,  ;P

Well, the reason I said "could be" is because to me, a great game is mainly how well the puzzles, logic, flow, plot, and characters are developed and the graphics are only a small percentage. I've been an adventure gamer since the old classic Adventure and many other completely text-based games.

That said, because of the environment provided by what I've seen in your screens, I think that the immersion factor is really boosted. They are just so beautiful and set the tone for the game in the sense that they are just as one would picture the world to look like that it brings you right there.

I'm looking forward to playing this!

SHADOW

Karens

I completely agree, a pretty game is nothing without a decent plot and gameplay,

and thanks again, tis too sweet :)

smaug

Apart from the images being stunningly beautiful, what impresses me, is their faithfulness towards the original images. They are instantly recogniseable, yet at the same time on a totally different level.

It is like watching a favorite film on an old VHS cassette, on a 12 inch black and white TV, and then watch the same film on blue-ray on a 50 inch wide screen, ten years later...

Blue

Karens - you are very talented! I loved KQ4 and I will definetely follow the progress on this remake!

Domino

This is Awesome. Keep up the Great Work.

Domino

Karens

Thanks, I'll be back with some updates later :D

Karens

smaug

When I see these awesome new images, I really cannot say, which project I am anticipating the most, Peter Jacksons, The Hobbit, or Karens' Kings Quest 4 Excellent, Superbrilliant, MegaDeluxe version..!!!

Karens

Thank you :), Im really looking forward to The Hobbit too!, the book wasn't overly exciting (after seeing the fantastic movies), but I've heard the Hobbit movie is supposed to be really, really good,

and in the meantime, waiting for various goodies:), you should check out Jolly Rover, a little gem of a game, made by only one guy, but it's one of the most fun, charming click and point games there are imo (much like an AGS game), I really recommend that one, (it's also a little tribute to the Monkey Island games),,
I did a little 3d tribute of my own,

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r26/Karenssss/jolly2.jpg
edit by darth - non-game related image changed to link

game's website
http://www.brawsome.com.au/blog/index.php/games/jolly-rover/

Armageddon

Jolly Rover was made with AGS. And technically he didn't do any of the art, he hired a guy to do it from his basic designs. :P

Karens

Quote from: Armageddon on Sat 24/03/2012 09:07:56
Jolly Rover was made with AGS. And technically he didn't do any of the art, he hired a guy to do it from his basic designs. :P

Yeah, the art is nice, but somewhat lacking in detail here and there, very cartoony, I guess it fits the light tone of the game, but overall, imo it doesnt quite justify the terrific gameplay and puzzles.
Maybe next time he'll do the sequel in 3d.. ,)

and thanks Darth for editing the post, I'll be more careful next time when adding non related pics!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk