Living Nightmare: Freedom

Started by david, Thu 26/01/2012 18:23:09

Previous topic - Next topic

david

I tried to play this, but right in the beginning I am stuck, I don't know what to type to get

Spoiler
the rusty chain under the dripping water, or how to loosen myself
[close]

I didn't happen to me before to be stuck right at the starting point, hope somebody'll help me out  :'(

LRH

Spoiler
put chains under water
[close]

david

I could swear that I've tried that a 100 times :)
I reckon it has to be typed precisely,
thanks, will get down to it later today

Cogliostro

Made it to the office and NOTHING responds!  What the blazes do I do to get out of this room without jumping?!  All I have left in my possession is the food and the knife.  Did I miss something?

- Cogliostro
"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Dr. Who

LRH

Quote from: Cogliostro on Sun 29/01/2012 22:37:19
Made it to the office and NOTHING responds!  What the blazes do I do to get out of this room without jumping?!  All I have left in my possession is the food and the knife.  Did I miss something?

- Cogliostro

IIRC, you played LN:ED? Don't you remember how James got the key to the cabinet? ;)

Blatant version:
Spoiler
hit blinds
[close]

Sorry about how cryptic that room is. I thought it would be fun to make the parser minimal in there. Thought it would be "creepy." Apparently it's just frustrating.  :P

J_Aguila

Can't seem to find a way to get the jewelry box open. And also, can't find the 'peaceful' solution to get rid of the beast.
You can check my music by following this link:
www.myspace.com/oniricajordi

LRH

Quote from: J_Aguila on Thu 02/02/2012 17:36:27
Can't seem to find a way to get the jewelry box open. And also, can't find the 'peaceful' solution to get rid of the beast.

Ahh! Sorry for not getting back to you quicker. I need to check this more often.

You can
Spoiler
pry open jewelry box
[close]
to get it open, and you can
Spoiler
get meat from the icebox to throw to the beast
[close]
to be a bit more passive.

X-Ty980

I'm stuck! when I kill the beast I dont know what to do, and what do i have to get from the jewelry box?

LRH

Quote from: X-Ty980 on Sun 26/02/2012 13:25:29
I'm stuck! when I kill the beast I dont know what to do, and what do i have to get from the jewelry box?

It's not what you get from the jewelry box, it's what you put in it.

Spoiler
There are four things you need to do to get to the second part of the game that does not take place in the mansion:

1.)Take down/destroy the painting
2.)Shoo away/kill the beast
3.)Destroy/lay to rest the possessed book.
4.)Give the ring to the spirit/put the ring in the jewelry box.

You get the ring from inside the birdbath.

The way you solve any of those 4 problems decides which ending you get, so choose carefully.
[close]

X-Ty980

Cool! Finished the game now, thanks! But ... how do i make the book disappear in a non-violent way?

LRH

Quote from: X-Ty980 on Sun 26/02/2012 23:17:26
Cool! Finished the game now, thanks! But ... how do i make the book disappear in a non-violent way?

Awesome :D Glad to hear someone got through it! :P

You can put the book to rest by simply
Spoiler
putting the book on the bookshelf, or "put book on shelf".
[close]

X-Ty980

Oh damn, I kept trying bookcase instead of that! The game has been very entertaining, but as you point out in the end the parser was too strict. Thank you for the trilogy and the help :)

LRH

Quote from: X-Ty980 on Sun 26/02/2012 23:26:17
Oh damn, I kept trying bookcase instead of that! The game has been very entertaining, but as you point out in the end the parser was too strict. Thank you for the trilogy and the help :)

Thanks for playing! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk