Ram Ghost

Started by Radiant, Sat 21/01/2012 14:08:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Radiant

How do I keep my ghost from starving if I can't afford to upgrade my refrigerator? Also, how can the ghost be "not hungry" if her food meter is at -40 or so?

Ghost

You can eat from the snack box, which is always in the house and grants a (small) boost to the Food-meter.

You can improve the overall quality of food by adding furniture to the kitchen. Oven, sideboard and table all result in better food, and are cheaper to buy than upgrading the fridge. It will take more time to prepare the food but the boost is noticeably larger even with just a (cheap) oven and table.

There's one decorative object in the Catalogue that will also boost the Food-meter, and which is extremely cheap to purchase ;)

The "not hungry" response is triggered semi-randomly and can pop up even at a negative value. The ghost does not actually NEED food, it just enjoys eating, and there can be situations where it decides that other needs are more important, resulting in that message.

Antje

It's really a nice game. I loved this type of game when we still had our first computer.
But now I am stuck! :o

I entered 'beat the card game' (several times now, but this is the first time I am stuck) and the card is seven, but I can not click anywhere. Furthermore, the keyboard functions don't respond as well. So I am stuck and have to quit the game and start all over again.. This glitch/bug is really such a shame, because I have been playing for more than an hour now.

Ghost

Quote from: Antje on Sat 25/02/2012 21:04:35
I entered 'beat the card game' (several times now, but this is the first time I am stuck) and the card is seven, but I can not click anywhere.

The game has no keyboard support at all (apart from the system keys). Can you describe precisely what you did when this happened? Did the cursor disappear? It may be a bug I need to look into.

Antje

Thank you very much for replying so quickly! :)
Exactly, the cursor completely disappeared.
I could alt+tab out of the game. My cursor was of course than out of the game and it appeared again (on my desktop). When I moved back into the game the cursor would disappear again. When the cursor didn't appear in the game I tried to click so it would appear again, unfortunately it didn't. I tried the keyboard keys to save the game or to quit, but the keyboard keys didn't work. Overall, the cursor didn't apear anymore and I was forced to end the game without saving.

Ghost

Quote from: Antje on Sat 25/02/2012 21:54:16
Overall, the cursor didn't apear anymore and I was forced to end the game without saving.

Hm. That *is* strange. I understand that losing the cursor really screws you up- you can't save and are forced to kill the game, losing progress. I could not reproduce the glitch, however, by "giving me any card" (even a full hand of sevens). I am pretty sure that the cards do not cause the bug, it must be something else. Another player reported a similar problem with the "lucky dips" minigame. I THINK it has something to do with an animation being played while there is a room change/change of time.

So right now all I can say is sorry you lost your progress, and hopefully I'll be able to kill that bug. I will have to look into it!

Antje

Yes, losing the cursor means that I will have to start over.
But that doesn't mean I have lost my interest in the game.
I will play again and try to save often, just to see how far I can get next time.

And of course I hope you can fix it! Good luck.

Radiant

Quote from: Ghost on Sat 25/02/2012 22:55:30
I THINK it has something to do with an animation being played while there is a room change/change of time.

Random AGS tidbit: if you make an AnimateCharacter call that is blocking, and the character is not in the current room, the game may hang. This may or may not be your problem here but it sounded familiar.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk