9 Months In- Now FREE!

Started by tzachs, Sat 21/01/2012 16:17:25

Previous topic - Next topic

noavana

Wow! great stuff Kastchey!  :-D

Kastchey

Well, kudos to you guys and the team for creating such an inspiring game :)

Armageddon

Yay another bake sale game, now we just need the Happy Whore Gas Station and Ben's game. :D Or was that summerbatch, I'm confused now.

vertigoaddict

Just finished this game yesterday, I fail so much I could only get one ending (for now...not giving up yet).
Loved it, reminds me of the 70's (? I think) women's prison movies I used to watch as a kid...'course this one is probably more appropriate than that stuff back then, how did I ever get my hands on those movies, I have no idea.

Andail

I didn't quite understand the ending, although I was deeply fascinated by it. Care to explain the last dialogue about the murder attempt? What was it she didn't understand about her charge?

If I may provide some constructive feedback, one way to improve the game would be to increase the pace just a notch. She moves slowly, the transitions are slow (and too many), and the stair-animation is so slow it made me reluctant to move from one floor to the other. Apart from that I found it intriguing :)

Kastchey

My interpretation of the ending is...
Spoiler
that she's delusional and unless you manage to get the full ending, the truth won't get through to her because of her senses playing tricks on her. In reality both her victims are dead and the detective is saying "you were charged of murder", but she will keep hearing "murder attempt".
[close]

Also as far as I remember, you can double click to speed up the transitions?

Andail

tzachs

Thanks guys for your feedback and criticism.
Regarding the ending, Kastchey was pretty much spot on, though if you haven't read it yet (and you have the time and desire) I'd recommend playing it again since it sounds like you didn't get the full ending.

Edit: oops, never mind, too late...

And if any of you are having trouble getting the full ending, I've published a walkthrough for it here.

As for the pace I'll try to improve for the next game, I can definitely hear you on the stairs part (and the fact that it's a terrible animation probably makes it even worse), I wanted to show it's hard for her climbing the stairs as a pregnant woman, that's why I've added the double click to skip part, I probably should have advertised it more...

Shadow1000

Tzach:

Thank you for posting the 100 point solution. I was able to find out the end of the story that way...todah lecha :)

My comments on the game:

The graphics and animation are good. The voice acting is a great touch. Very captivating plot and the pace between the plot and puzzles was done well. The puzzles were a reasonable level of difficulty and quite fun and solvable.

The first time I played, I achieved 87 points, like many others here. It seems that 87 points represents solving all the puzzles. From following the walkthrough, it would appear that the extra points are achieved either by taking certain actions that logic does not dictate or guessing certain very specific dialogue choices. My dialogue choices happened to be from my gut as there was nothing telling me logically exactly when to tell the truth or when to lie, for example. My only complaint with the game, therefore, is that if a player does solve all the puzzles, he/she should not be left at the end of the game not knowing what happened. The big key to understanding the plot is only available if you happen to guess the other 13 points.

Other than that...hakol metzuyan...hatzlacha!

SHADOW

tzachs

Thanks for your comments (and your flawless Hebrew).  ;-D

Regarding your complaint about the points, this is actually a subject I find fascinating.
Apparently logic is a tricky thing. Give two people the same information and they'll reach different conclusions.

This is my line of logic that explains briefly what my intention here was.
Spoiler

Those extra 13 points are also puzzles in my mind. Maybe they're not puzzles in the traditional sense, and I appreciate people find it frustrating not knowing they missed some points, but this was part of the concept and design of the game in order to enforce the game's main message. Those were not put randomly, they were thought out like the other puzzles with solutions which I found logical (in the context of the game's world).

Basically everything that showed Sarah as willing to explore, investigate, gather more evidence, and cooperate
with the sincere desire of finding out the truth, is what takes her one more step into getting out of her fixed mindset and seeing the world as it really is.

And it was also meant to be hard, to convey how hard it is to get out of a fixed frame of mind.

I was totally expecting people to not get the full ending on their first play, and hoped that they will be
intrigued enough to try again and think logically (this is the tricky part) about their decisions and how they can impact Sarah's mental state toward a better understanding.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: tzachs on Mon 11/03/2013 15:46:15
This is my line of logic that explains briefly what my intention here was.
Spoiler

Those extra 13 points are also puzzles in my mind. Maybe they're not puzzles in the traditional sense, and I appreciate people find it frustrating not knowing they missed some points, but this was part of the concept and design of the game in order to enforce the game's main message. Those were not put randomly, they were thought out like the other puzzles with solutions which I found logical (in the context of the game's world).

Basically everything that showed Sarah as willing to explore, investigate, gather more evidence, and cooperate
with the sincere desire of finding out the truth, is what takes her one more step into getting out of her fixed mindset and seeing the world as it really is.

And it was also meant to be hard, to convey how hard it is to get out of a fixed frame of mind.

I was totally expecting people to not get the full ending on their first play, and hoped that they will be
intrigued enough to try again and think logically (this is the tricky part) about their decisions and how they can impact Sarah's mental state toward a better understanding.
[close]

My concern and frustration was not about the points. My issue is that missing the points led to missing understanding the story. But, if that was the goal then the goal was achieved :)

SHADOW

SarahLiz

Thank you Tzachs for taking the time to write the walkthrough...I couldn't get the 100 point solution and was frustrated!  So it's nice to finally get to see the "right" ending.

Sarah :)

SirPrimalform

Looks like the walkthrough is long gone. Any chance of a repost?

arj0n

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk