Abner the Amazing (Bake Sale)

Started by poc301, Sun 22/01/2012 00:45:44

Previous topic - Next topic

poc301

Oops!!  I realized I never made a completed game thread for my Bake Sale game, Abner the Amazing.  So here we are, better late than never :)

Abner the Amazing

A nefarious deed has been done!  All across the land, the colors have gone missing!  It's a good thing that Abner the Amazing was in the bar downing pint after pint of beer when it happened!  Help Abner go on an epic (and slightly wobbly) quest to find out what happened to all the colors, and take them back! 

Assuming he can find his sword first...

Features:

-No narrator in the game.  Abner is a boastful and egotistical person, and is more than happy to tell you how everything he sees and touches relates to how awesome he is.

- 2  additional playable characters will join Abner in his quest.  Each character has interactions they can perform.  For instance, Abner can use his sword.  Dink, the thief, can pick locks and sneak through the shadows. 

- Use each character's special abilities to solve puzzles in various ways.  Most puzzles can be solved multiple ways using a brute force, stealth or magical take on things.

-The characters are all on the screen at the same time, so no picking and choosing who you have with you.  Feel free to change between any of the characters on the fly at any time.

- A 2-click interface.  The Left/Right mouse setup to walk, look and use things.

- No inventory.  You heard me right, no stuff.  The puzzles are all solved using the characters special abilities.

Screenshots:

Check out the AGS Bake Sale Website

Thanks!

Bill

Ponch

I like this game quite a bit. Will there be further adventures with Abner? Surely there are more taverns in need of a boastful tale or two.   :=

poc301

Heya Ponch.

I think there might, yes.  Initially we had a bunch more playable characters in mind, but had to cut it down for deadline purposes.  An Amazingly Amazing edition or something is going to be down the road eventually.

Right now though we're working on our Quest For Glory fangame and have plans for Murran Chronicles 4.

Lots of possibilities.  :)

-Bill

Ponch

An Amazingly Amazing Edition sounds great.  :D

Ghost

I still have the title tune in my head*, very catchy!
The setting and Abner's large ham comments made this feel a lot like a good Munchhausen tale. Pretty amazing, and a cool set of characters, too!

"Amazingly Amazing Edition" sounds promising, too! And amazingly amazing!
----------
* and the Sweets Tin song!

ThreeOhFour

I especially liked climbing up the tower :D

But yeah, Abner was a pretty fun character, especially how others get bored of him ^_^

Stupot

This is a funny game.  And the way you can use each character is a great touch.  I definitely wish it was longer, though not bad going, really,  considering the deadline.

tzachs

A very funny game, well done!
Like Ben, climbing the wall was my favorite part, since it reminded me of that one time when I climbed the three-headed zombie dragon, before I slashed up his head and gave it to the villagers.

Also, I totally predicted the ending, I guess that makes me tzachs the amazing!

SGRaaize

This was a great game and I had a lot of fun with it, painfully short, though, which is a damn shame.
Well worth the price of admission of the entire Bake Sale alone, though, this was awesome, hoping there will be a sequel, and hopefully, a little bigger :P

Radiant

Quote from: tzachs on Tue 24/01/2012 11:21:47
Also, I totally predicted the ending, I guess that makes me tzachs the terrific!

FTFY :)

CaptainD

Terrific game despite being short!  I too guessed the ending but it still made me laugh.

poc301

Thanks for the kind words, guys.  I've been extremely busy these past weeks with school and work, but am coordinating with WHAM to do a lets-play for it :)

-Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk