RAM Ghost (AGS Bake Sale)

Started by , Sun 22/01/2012 13:43:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Whenever a promising indie game is abandoned... whenever a game stops being made... there is a chance that it becomes a RAM Ghost. Technically these tiny spectral beings ARE a game- but no-one cares about them anymore. It's a sad fact that our good old Random Access Memory is chock-full of little ghost games that will never be seen...

Lost Craft presents:
RAM Ghost - an Interactive Casual Sim
exclusively made for the AGS Bake Sale 2012

Adopt a RAM Ghost! With our self-installing Hopelessly Oldfashioned, User-Supported Environment (H.O.U.S.E.), you can lure a bit of abandoned game code into a simulated house. Just like you and me, these ghosts love fun and entertainment, and it's up to you to take care of your little guest. Who knows... maybe you can even make it into the game it was once supposed to be?

FEATURES:
* simple, relaxing, open-ended gameplay (in the style of "Little Computer People" or "Tamagotchi")
* a customizeable 2 1/2 storey house with 25+ objects to buy and upgrade
* a need-driven, attention-hungry (and somewhat silly) ghost... in your RAM!
* minigames

Get the AGS Bake Sale Bundle and adopt a RAM Ghost!

Ponch

Love the OSD and Ray statue. I wish I had one of those on my lawn.  :D

ThreeOhFour

There's a lot of attention to detail in this, and it really shows.

To say that you build a virtual pet in AGS is a big accomplishment - to say that you made one which can keep one playing for hours is a huge one.

Great work!

(deleted)

(deleted)

Tabata

All those cute little animations made me love this game.       

It's still impossible for me to tell, which of all the different expressions of the ghost I like most  ...   ...  enjoying something is wonderful! Eating something untasty is funny and sending it to the loo makes me laugh every time and look at it doing the happy-dance and ...

You need to play and watch it by yourself!     

I am really proud to be chosen as a tester for this unique little gem. Thinking about all the scripts to be done for every possible action in relation to the timer, the several kind of moods to be counted in dependence from the individual chosen device and handling the payment still makes me dizzy but full of admiration for the Ghost that was able to make this happen by using AGS!

... and now it's time to take care of my cute little RAM Ghost again.

What?   :o   There is still someone out there, who hasn't seen the RAM Ghost from the own hd? Then it is really time to start this program â€" it will find the sweeties on every hd for sure ;)

Ghost

Thanks everyone for the nice comments- they really mean a lot to me!

Note to self: Hijack Tabby's smiley sever ;)

steptoe

Nice one Ghost....

Will look out for it when its done

;)
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

Ghost

Quote from: steptoe on Mon 23/01/2012 20:43:56
Nice one Ghost....
;)

It is. This IS the Completed Game Announcements thread.  :D You can have it, it's just one donation and a tiny click away!

Tabata

Quote from: steptoe on Mon 23/01/2012 20:43:56

The Bake Sale might be sold out even if we still don't have the 29th of Feb. right now!?

steptoe

lol  what am I like  ;)

cheers mate
It's not over until the fat lady sings..

tzachs

Saying this game is addicting would be an understatement!
Be prepared to part with your relatives before embarking on this voyage...

Everything in this game is super cute, and I especially recommend buying some indie art.  ;)

cat

This game is adorable! I already released two ghosts after I bought everything possible. Absolutely addicting!

Small hint if you have problems getting started (as I did):
Spoiler
Try to get energy(sleep) and mood high first because this will affect your success in scaring people. Try to upgrade stuff before you buy new stuff.
[close]

DrJone.s

The domain expired and I can no longer download the demo. :sad:

Ponch

The bake sale domain expired?!?  :shocked:

Darn it, Darth Mandarb! Use your internet powers! Quick!

Ghost

DrJone.s, there never WAS a demo of RAM Ghost. The game's structure doesn't work very well with a demo concept. RAM Ghost was made especially for the Bake Sale, and that ended quite some time ago (March 2012, right?).

If you'd like to have the game: There was a deal for all the BS games to remain "exclusive" for a year, after which the authors would be free to re-release them as they see fit. And now the good news- this'll happen around March. I'll enter the game in the AGS database then, free for everyone to download. Future improvements are an option, too.

But there will still be NO demo. Only the full game  :)

DrJone.s

Oh, I didn't know that. I was looking at the games in the database to nominate for the AGS AWARDS 2012 and when I clicked "Download demo" in the AGS games database I reached an expired domain. I still nominated it as best non-adventure game of 2012, after watching one hour-long video of it in youtube. It looks very fun! I played Little Computer People a lot when I was a kid, despite the language barrier, and I wouldn't mind translating it to spanish so that my nephews can enjoy it, if you're interested and it's not too problematic. :)

Ghost

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't thought about a translation yet and it would be problematic since almost all the game's text is "hardcoded" (and not subject to AGS's translation text files). But none of the text is really important; so I hope your nephews will enjoy the game when it's out there.

IndieRetroNews

Looks so awesome think I'll write up an article on this :)

Damn it, necro thread bringers :(
The latest in Kickstarter, Indie & Retro News!!! IndieRetroNews - Indie Retro News on twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk