Direct draw filters

Started by TheRoger, Tue 24/01/2012 14:24:57

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRoger

I'm using AGS 3.2.1 version and I have a graphical bug or something. Let me show you:

As you can see in 320x200 resolution it somewhy loops the bottom. It only happens when you use DirectDraw 5 with Hq filter. I also tried Draconian AGS (as you can see in pics) and other filters act the same way. D3D and directdraw with hearest-neighbout filter works fine. Do you what can be wrong? I tried to search forums, but didn't knew how to exactly describe this.

Alan v.Drake

Looks like there's some trouble with "Force alternate letterbox resolution", the overflowing bar seems to be drawn when you change room... but not always, could it be due to fadein and fadeouts ?

EDIT: I notice also that the mouse offset is screwed up, at least on windowed, as if it was mouse.y+offset, that's not good... another thing to fix.

- Alan

TheRoger

I have no problem with mouse offset in windowed mode. I think problem is with fade in and outs, because that loop appears after fade-in only. Checking/unchecking "Force alternate letterbox resolution" makes no difference. This is problem of AGS, not the Draconian version.

Khris

I tested this and it occurs if you a) run a 16:10 game in letterbox mode and b) activate one of the Hq filters of the DD5 renderer, whenever the game isn't currently fading the screen in or out.
It doesn't matter whether the game is run in fullscreen or windowed mode.

In other words, the Hq filter doesn't properly clear the border area.

I can also confirm the offset issue in windowed mode; the game mouse is further down than the windows mouse; windows mouse's 0;0 is game's 0;0, not window's 0;0. This doesn't affect the game however; it's only noticeable if you move the mouse over a window edge. Since there's no need to have letterbox borders in windowed mode, it's probably a low priority issue.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk