Any Quest for Glory fanboys out there?

Started by johanvepa, Tue 29/01/2013 19:45:54

Previous topic - Next topic

johanvepa

I've been a fan since the very first time I landed in Spielburg. Granted, the fourth of the series was unearthly great, but the first one always had a special place in my heart. The openness of the game (all the little silly things you could do that wasn't really necessary), the innocent way of going on adventure for the fun of it (hello there, I'm trying to be a hero), and the sad story of the land falling to pieces with the local lords' grief.

And as I explored all the ins and outs of the game, and finally after years and years of casual replaying every once in a while, finding out where those last puzzle points were hidden, I also had an itch to do stuff that was sort of hinted at in the game but not really there. I guess we can all remember the log in the woods, yes?

So what's on your "would have liked to do"-list for this game?

Here's mine. I would have liked:

* To open the workshop door and find someone working there, perhaps a dwarf hammering at something

* To burglar the workshop at night

* To visit the rest of the shops

* To search the big log in the forest and find something there (actually, I remember having a dream about this once)

* To give the little old lady a kiss on the cheek

* to fight Otto

* To come back to the kobold's cave for the showdown

* To have the brigands inside the fortress courtyard fire arrows like they do in the hidden valley

* To grab a skull off Baba Yaga's fence

* To best the Sword Master. No wait, I did that already. Beat the antwerp, then. No, by golly, I did that too   :)

* To swim in the Spiegelsee

* To actually play a game of cribbage with Henry, not just being told about having played

* To nick something from Erasmus' livingroom

* To buy the shield in the dry goods store. Oh my how I've wanted that shield.

* To get a sword for the thief (I know, you can tweak the character generation to give a fighter the thief skills, but he can't enter the thieves' guild)

* To search the brigand leaders room just a little more.

* To strip the dead goblin of equipment. I want that mace

* To enter the goblin cave and go berserk

* To enter the meep tunnels (fortunately, you can do that in QfG 4½)

* To have a romance with the dryad

* To feed the vegetables to the horse

Whev, that was quite a bit. And that was just in a few minutes' brainstorming.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk