Summerbatch - v2 consideration

Started by , Sun 29/01/2012 02:36:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

Bishy

I bought the Summerbatch recently, and so far i've only played PISS.

My god I hope there's going to be a sequel. I absolutely loved it.

Spoiler
Are there multiple endings? Like, will choosing to forget Vyktor or Astis change the ending?
[close]

m0ds

There's no denying people are in need of a second volume, plenty of emails asking about it, so I'm gauging new interest - who if anyone might commit to developing a short game for it this year?

I'd be willing to commit and hopefully run it a wee better this time round if there's enough interest, actual contractual agreements this time round so there's more communication and transparency between myself and the developers.

Last time the development teams earned over £350 each.

Of course a level of quality is important, for the players and hopefully you yourselves. But I thought I'd put it out there now whilst it's still early in the year. If so, the aim would be to kickstart it in the middle of Feb giving the teams a good 5 months development time.

If you've got something that may be ready July/August time but had not considered selling it exclusively through Summerbatch to begin with, you're also welcome to get involved. You don't have to specifically create for this, that's just the phenomenal approach the devs took last time.

And an advisory note (but not essential): Summerbatch customers want traditional point & clicks!

Armageddon

This time around could we use other game engines? Obviously it will still be traditional point'n'clickin' just on an engine that can be ported to all platforms like Unity or even a custom engine?

And I agree that they should have a very good quality level.

m0ds

Yes, that should be fine, Armageddon. Feel free to expand on the detail if you can at some point and perhaps will then give me a better idea of what you'd hope to achieve. I'm not keen on distributing games that require too many additional installations to get them working, though. But this is not an 'AGS' product so it shouldn't be limited to just AGS games.

AGS games are of course most welcome, and would still be the only thing I'd be able to make :P Vol 1 was strictly Windows PC. If Vol 2 is a mix up of PC games and iPhone apps...that'd be a bit odd. So I'd say as long as what you make can be played on a PC, anything else it can do - is a bonus, is up to you and is welcome. But then, you MUST make sure your game works for Windows PC, and that remains the primary platform (for now). If everyone goes and makes a console game, we'll re-write that  8-)

Would that cause a problem? Of course, however you can deliver a point and click...would be awesome!

PS Feel free to let me know via PM about interest/concerns if you'd prefer.

Armageddon

Heh, I wouldn't do a console/iPhone game, just probably Mac and Linux if I can get it working. And of course PC.

m0ds

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk