OSD :: Mighty Viking - SOURCE

Started by Big GC, Sat 11/02/2012 15:40:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Big GC

Do you have the Spirit inside you?

Yes?

EEEEwwwwwww - Gross!

Introducing - OSD :: MIGHTY VIKING

Dennis is back and ready to learn some MAGIKS!!!1!

Guide him as he helps the green nymph on his way to ultimate power.

Oh and hes a viking now.

My first ever game is another entry into the OSD multiverse.

If pirate Dennis is gay,
and Ninja Dennis is straight,
then what is Viking Dennis?

Play on and find out.

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?0iubib9lc37zj7w

Download GAME SOURCE here
http://www.mediafire.com/?evt10wab9kp3qyi
Making a game - this should be easy......?

Icey

Ponch

A new OSD game! Hooray! \o/

I should point out that OSD is an open source world. Will you be releasing the source code soon?

Big GC

Quote from: Ponch on Tue 14/02/2012 04:00:14
A new OSD game! Hooray! \o/

I should point out that OSD is an open source world. Will you be releasing the source code soon?

Definately

Big GC

Quote from: Icey gamesThe game forced closed on me with 0 warning. I think I pushed the crow to much. I touch it 4 times then exit.

Just got home and tried that, but I couldnt get it to crash???? Just made the crow fly back and forth a bunch of times? weird.

Tabata

I didn't change the settings,
but left-click on the blue liquid gave me the description and the second click closes the game telling me, the game doesn't work properly and was closed (no error message) ...
-  the same happened when using an item on the bird for several times ???

Big GC

Feel like the proverbial NOOB.

I try so hard (and succeeded) in making this game using only the source code from other OSD games and the internal Instruction manual.

The very, very, very last thing I added was the music, and a quick browse on the manual said just import you file and run the code... Easy.

EXCEPT I had no idea how crappy the wav format is and with the help of the lovely Tabata I have pinned down my weird crash problem to being the "compressed" wav file screwing things up.

Here is the non musical non buggy remix. My sincere apologies
http://www.mediafire.com/?0iubib9lc37zj7w

original post updated

Ponch

Well, this is embarrassing. I seem to be stuck. I have the olive (painted white), the feather, the spoon, the magic powder, and the spell. But I can't find any way to make the spell. Any help, Big GC?

Big GC

Quote from: Ponch on Sun 19/02/2012 05:00:07
Well, this is embarrassing. I seem to be stuck. I have the olive (painted white), the feather, the spoon, the magic powder, and the spell. But I can't find any way to make the spell. Any help, Big GC?

Yep sounds like you have everything, but
Spoiler
The recipe has one more instruction under the ingredients
[close]

More help
Spoiler
You need to cook the ingrediants, I can only see one source of heat. But Im not gonna stick my hand into the fire.
[close]

Answer
Spoiler
If I cant put my hand in the fire, Ill have to cook the ingredients in something. Oh look, this large metal spoon with a wooden handel would hold my magic potion perfectly
[close]

Ponch

Got it. Thanks. I was trying to mix that potion in every bottle, jar, and flask I could find.
Spoiler
I never thought about mixing the ingredients in a spoon.
[close]
Nice little OSD game. Truly a great moment in adventure gaming.  ;)

Baron

Really short, but not bad for a first effort.  Everything worked for me, but I have to say I was anticipating some more animation after seeing your contributions to the swarm project.  Any chance of OSD climbing onto the roof of the hut and waving his axe anxiously?

The puzzles were clever enough (given OSD's skewed perception of the universe)...
Spoiler
...but that spoon thing wasn't fair.  Maybe a hint if you try use individual items with the lamp that it's too hot to use at close quarters....
[close]

Looking forward to seeing future games.

Icey

You know what I noticed! Bic GC was the only one able to animate the Ben's still framed Dennis!  :o :D

Good job :)

Big GC

Quote from: Baron on Sun 19/02/2012 16:05:36
Really short, but not bad for a first effort.  Everything worked for me, but I have to say I was anticipating some more animation after seeing your contributions to the swarm project.  Any chance of OSD climbing onto the roof of the hut and waving his axe anxiously?

The puzzles were clever enough (given OSD's skewed perception of the universe)...
Spoiler
...but that spoon thing wasn't fair.  Maybe a hint if you try use individual items with the lamp that it's too hot to use at close quarters....
[close]

Looking forward to seeing future games.

Thanks Baron, funny if it wasnt for contributing to the swarm I probably wouldnt have thought I could do it. But after seeing Draculator become a game, I thought I gotta give it a go :)

Quote from: Icey games on Sun 19/02/2012 16:29:57
You know what I noticed! Bic GC was the only one able to animate the Ben's still framed Dennis!  :o :D

Good job :)

Thanks mate, and now that its open source you can all access a more mobile dennis ;)
Quote from: Ponch on Sun 19/02/2012 15:52:26
Got it. Thanks. I was trying to mix that potion in every bottle, jar, and flask I could find.
Spoiler
I never thought about mixing the ingredients in a spoon.
[close]
Nice little OSD game. Truly a great moment in adventure gaming.  ;)

Ahhhh yes, as you and Baron pointed out there was no real logic step between them. But I will look out for those traps for next time :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk