Glitch in Rotn game night and day

Started by peapod1701, Sat 04/02/2012 17:46:47

Previous topic - Next topic

peapod1701

I am trying to play the Reality on the Norm game Night and Day and the game freezes on my second trip to the bookstore after I find the books I need. He asks which shelf,then the game stops. I had not had  trouble until that.
Any advice would be great. I really like playing a new ROTN game.

HandsFree

Sorry to hear that.  :o This error has not been mentioned before.
Do you get an error message? Or does the game just stop responding?
Did you try changing settings using the winsetup file?

peapod1701

It just freezes up and stops after he says " what shelf" in the bookstore. No error message. I will start over and change settings and see what happens.

peapod1701

I tried running it in a window and that time it stopped and I did get an error message. This was right at the start. When I run it in a full screen,I get to the bookstore just like I have described before it freezes up. I'm confused.

HandsFree

Well, I'm confused too. There's nothing special happening there, it's just a dialog.
So he asks 'which bookcase' and you can answer 'one', 'two' or 'three' and then he asks 'which shelf' and nothing happens? Do you see the 1, 2, 3, 4 options?

I found that some ags games only work on my system if I change the color depth of my monitor (but I didn't need to do that with Night and Day).
Did you try to change the driver with the winsetup.exe (instead of just changing to windowed mode)?

If everything fails I can send you a saved game from that part if you like.

peapod1701

I tried two more times. He says which shelf,then nothing. Frozen. One time I did get the 1,2,3 then it froze. I like ROTN a lot so this is frustrating. I've been playing them a long time without much trouble.

HandsFree

I really have no idea what could be causing this, it never happened to me.
You can send me a pm if you like a saved game from after that dialog.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk