About sex and (homo)sexuality

Started by Noctambulo, Fri 17/02/2012 18:14:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Noctambulo

I'm curious about how the people of different places feel about sex in general and homosexuality in specific. I would like to hear from you about it (but, if it's possible, spare me of stuff like "the gay people are abomination and God will fry them for eternity" or "if you're not gay, it's because you're a stupid, moronic coward")

I'm from Venezuela, and here the gay people are kind of "tolerated" but not so much. You can see people atacking the government, by calling them thieves. If that's not enough, well, they call them homosexuals.

How is where you live?

WHAM

I feel rather good about sex in general.  8)

In WHAM-Land gays are tolerated, but only for as long as they don't parade their "speciality" all over the place and keep their gayness to themselves. Troublesome gays might be deported to Sweden, just in case.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

uoou

I feel rather good about sex in general. :=

In uoou-Land straightos are tolerated, but only for as long as they don't parade their "speciality" all over the place and keep their straightness to themselves. Troublesome heteros might be deported to Uranus, just in case.

Calin Leafshade

I have no opinion one way or another. Being gay is of no consequence to anyone else. Even if it is a 'choice' as is often said by the conservative right it's still of no consequence to anyone else

Having said that I think I would rather live in uoou-land than WHAM-land. But I think we already established what I think of WHAM-land.

On a side note, I dislike the word "tolerance" and the ilk. I don't 'tolerate' black people and I don't 'tolerate' women. I don't see why I should have to 'tolerate' gay people. What exactly am I supposed to be tolerating? It makes no difference to me either way.

I really don't understand the obsession with homosexuality as a thing. It's a complete non-issue. The only person who should care about where someone puts their penis is the person in whom it is being put.

Khris

Both is just fine.

Here in Germany, people are pretty much over the novelty of "open gayness". And politicians here would never dare to be publicly anti-gay, they could pretty much pack their bags right away. The major of Berlin is gay, and he's one of the leaders of the social democrats, a major party.

There are of course several catholic fuckwits here who can't keep their traps shut and are anti-gay. But who cares. Germany really doesn't anymore. And I'm very grateful for that, too.

Bror_Jon

I've heard Sweden is very good on "gay-rights and such", but I live in a rural-area and work in a very man-dominated line of work and hear all too often gay-bashing.

On a side note: As per usual WHAM-land sounds like a really nice place indeed, as long as you are WHAM.
Quote from: monkey_05_06
I officially love you good sir, Always and Eternally.

R4L

I really have no problem with it. My uncle Mike is gay, and growing up I never saw anything different about him, so no reason to now knowing he's gay. Some people act like it's a disease or something.

ddq

Gay people are humans and deserve the same human rights as anyone else. Like, duh. I mean people are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully. What I don't understand is why I started quoting Depeche Mode all of a sudden.

Ali

Word-for-word exactly what Calin said.

Anian

Here it's basically the four groups, with the extremes being the loudest as that is always the case:
- people who are "openly" gay, that organize parades, dress extreme etc.
- people who don't mind and don't really care who is gay (I think I'm in this group, more women for me (in theory)))
- people who don't say anything, but would rather if gay people weren't all that pushy about being gay and mostly annoyed by any public displays, but don't really care enough to actually care what other people do
- people who are idiots and extreme haters and don't understand the part about "what do you care what somebody does in the privacy of their homes", of course mostly this group consist of right wingers, nationalist and football hooligans etc.

There's a recent movie from Serbia, it's called Parada (The Parade http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1784575/), a comedy that shows some of the attitudes from this part of the Balkans. Haven't watched it myself, but they say it's a good movie, check it out if you have the chance.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Noctambulo

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 17/02/2012 20:07:00
I have no opinion one way or another. Being gay is of no consequence to anyone else. Even if it is a 'choice' as is often said by the conservative right it's still of no consequence to anyone else

That, in fact is an opinion  ;)

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 17/02/2012 20:07:00On a side note, I dislike the word "tolerance" and the ilk. I don't 'tolerate' black people and I don't 'tolerate' women. I don't see why I should have to 'tolerate' gay people. What exactly am I supposed to be tolerating? It makes no difference to me either way.

I also dislike how some people use (or abuse) the word tolerance, that's why I wrote "tolerated" in my first post.

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 17/02/2012 20:07:00I really don't understand the obsession with homosexuality as a thing. It's a complete non-issue. The only person who should care about where someone puts their penis is the person in whom it is being put.

Actually it is a "complete issue". You can say it's not fair, or worse (and I would support that), but the world it's how it is.

Quote from: Khris on Fri 17/02/2012 20:11:42Here in Germany, people are pretty much over the novelty of "open gayness". And politicians here would never dare to be publicly anti-gay, they could pretty much pack their bags right away. The major of Berlin is gay, and he's one of the leaders of the social democrats, a major party.

There are of course several catholic fuckwits here who can't keep their traps shut and are anti-gay. But who cares. Germany really doesn't anymore. And I'm very grateful for that, too.

Yes, I noticed that in Germany. Here is totally diferent. As I said, is usual to atack the government by accusing it of "open gayness", to the point that the only time that the PSUV has been defeated was because the opposition said that the government would allow the gay marriage and other "gay rights". It wasn't true, but just the idea of it made the people to focus on that and forget about the real proposals....

Domino

Gay or Straight, I will never think of them as weird or strange. Whatever a person wants to be is not up to me to judge. I am fine with it.

I am a straight male. Also, I have no problem with gay marriages..just let people live their own lives.

I do enjoy Lesbians though.  :=

Noctambulo

Quote from: R4L on Fri 17/02/2012 20:47:27
I really have no problem with it. My uncle Mike is gay, and growing up I never saw anything different about him, so no reason to now knowing he's gay. Some people act like it's a disease or something.

Some years ago, when I was in the university, I owned a little shop, and the best employee I had, was a gay, who tried to deny that (but it was too obvious). Before I hired him, he had problems to find a job because, as you said, a lot of people act like it's a disease or something.

Quote from: ddq on Fri 17/02/2012 21:12:10
Gay people are humans and deserve the same human rights as anyone else. Like, duh. I mean people are people so why should it be you and I should get along so awfully. What I don't understand is why I started quoting Depeche Mode all of a sudden.

What I don't understand is why I started quoting you xDDDD  ;)

Ali

I think that's why parades, and comings out are important. Once people realise that their uncles, friends, co-workers, favourite actors or politicians are gay it makes it harder to think that way.

So it's not about parading "speciality" (even if that sounds like something you get at a gay restaurant), it's about parading how normal it is to be gay. Plus a lot of colours and up-tempo dancing, which everyone can enjoy.

Calin Leafshade

Noctambulo

Quote from: anian on Fri 17/02/2012 23:13:57
Here it's basically the four groups, with the extremes being the loudest as that is always the case:
- people who are "openly" gay, that organize parades, dress extreme etc.
- people who don't mind and don't really care who is gay (I think I'm in this group, more women for me (in theory)))
- people who don't say anything, but would rather if gay people weren't all that pushy about being gay and mostly annoyed by any public displays, but don't really care enough to actually care what other people do
- people who are idiots and extreme haters and don't understand the part about "what do you care what somebody does in the privacy of their homes", of course mostly this group consist of right wingers, nationalist and football hooligans etc.

There's a recent movie from Serbia, it's called Parada (The Parade http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1784575/), a comedy that shows some of the attitudes from this part of the Balkans. Haven't watched it myself, but they say it's a good movie, check it out if you have the chance.
I think that there at least is one other group: Gay people who act as gay haters, in order to be accepted.

About the movie, I'll try to find it. Thanks for the info.

Stupot

Another person's sexual preference is none of my business.

There are different types of gay, though.  There are those for whom homosexuality really is just a sexual preference, and then there are the real divas, who mince about and make such a song and dance of their homosexuality.  In some ways it's great that they are proud of their sexuality and can flaunt it, but on the other hand I do find myself thinking okay, so you're gay, we all get it, calm it down a bit, please.

An extreme version of this is Louie Spence.  I just can't stand the guy, but don't think that makes me homophobic.  Who he chooses to share a bed with is absolutely fine by me, but someone needs to calm that guy down and tell him that you can be gay and normal at the same time.

Peder 🚀

I was just going to write something similar to what Stupot+ wrote. I don't mind gays as long as they keep their business to themselves but I do tend to dislike those that takes it too the extremes. I don't understand why a male with a normal manly lower pitched voice would not talk normally but rather "fake" a higher pitch.

Oh and I forgot to say Sex is great. Much better than masturbation.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk