The Adventuring Men!

Started by Eggie, Sun 19/02/2012 16:03:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

From Alex Scobell (Krazy), Alex Whitington (Eggie) and William Miracle (Bluke4x4) the makers of Do Me a Favor And Die, Cherry Insomniac, and House of Chills, here come...

Meet Alex and William, two teenage best friends who are obsessed with adventure games. Obsessive to the point of actually believing their life is an adventure game, much to the confusion (and occasional endangerment) of every "NPC" they encounter. Join them as they solve the everyday problems of the world in the most contrived ways they can imagine in a new series of lavishly animated, fully voiced graphic adventures that's much easier than the one they think they're in:

Episode 1
Design: 99.8% Dialogue: 60% Scripting: 75% Graphics: 90% Music: 0%

Will the boys puzzle-solving abilities win the heart of their teacher Mrs. Williams? Not if their arch-nemeses the RPG Guys have anything to say about it.

How many men can stand in the men's way?

What inventory item will win her over?

Episode 2
Design: 100% Dialogue: 40% Scripting: 90% Graphics: 70% Music: 0%

The boys find themselves facing their toughest quest yet. Throwing a football across a small backyard.

Looks like there's puzzles afoot

Enter the dark and terrifying world of the casual games market

Two short 'n' sweet packets of quest-soaked adventurefuns that, if all goes well, will be done in a few short months and ready for your delectation.

SuperButts

I haven't been this excited about something since the people who abducted me said they would set me free if I were to sign up to game forums and post how excited I am about games.

I especially appreciate the fine craftsmanship that went into illustrating the bosom of that fine lady. I know they're not super realistic, but you know that's what I like about them. Like, on the graph of the uncanny valley, this is where those boobs would be:

http://wocares.com/host/images/697332_uncanny_valley.png
(non game-related image removed - Darth)

I really appreciate that despite their size, they still seem quite perky. You know, you don't really have that level of perfection with real life breasts, which is why I would argue that in fact, this end of the uncanny valley might even be a better place to be, than the other end of the "cliff"

I think what also really adds to the quality, is how ugly you drew the nerds. It adds a nice contrast which I think makes the viewer appreciate the young and freshness of the breasts more. I see you guys have been paying attention with color theory too!

I can't wait to play it!

Bluke4x4

As creators of these games, we would like to professionally distance ourselves from the comments made by SuperButts.

Scavenger

My god, it's finally coming. After seeing some of the top secret work behind the scenes having a prophetic fever dream about this game, I can tell you I am stoked for it's release!

Cyrus

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Tabata

I am always eager to learn about things of human behavior
and especially curious about what you guys have in your mind  ;D

So I am eagerly awaiting your teaching lesson ...

... or will it be more like a confession ;)

Puddleglum

this looks awesome, i can't wait! your style, especially in the first pic, reminds me of john kricfalusi  ;D

Paul Franzen

Haha, those actually sound kind of hilarious! Can't wait to play them!
The Beard in the Mirror (formerly testgame) - Out now on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/385840
Other games I've worked on: http://paulmfranzen.com/games/

mkennedy

Looking at the screenshot at:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/EggHeadCheesyBird/10.png
will the players be able to give all their items away to the teacher? If so will there be any way to get items back from her if they are needed for something else? Maybe have her reject items that are needed elsewhere, "You better keep that, you never know when you might need a..."

Eggie

Despite how much the main protagonists love extreme difficulty in their games Scobell's a lot more forgiving as a designer (though you wouldn't know it from Timothy Lande's salt shaker puzzle). There's no walking deads in the game and <<SPOILER ALERT>> no way to actually make the school teacher instantly fall in love with you by giving her random inventory items, she'll reject everything she's given.

In fact, the moment where the boys try and seduce her by handing her a wrench is really just a throwaway gag in the intro cutscene.

Ubel

I love it. I'm in love with it. I will wait for it. I will play it. I will finish it. I will cry when it's over.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk