Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

Thanks atelier, im mostly just self taught. I dont copy but I tend to study different types of art from time to time as I draw something, well depending upon what it is that i'am making however that picture was drawn in school so it was just made from thought. ;)

Icey

UPDATE Oct 2/13 

Here is another connection Diagram for Pub Master.

Icey

UPDATE Oct 8/13 

umm ok where should I start.

Ok first up, after begin on the nintendo dev forum I seen someone suggest this book which I also have came accross before on Amazon.

The book was not that much, really cheap and I skimmed through it. It's pretty big book but the biggest reason why I got was because if there is one thing I everyone here has tried so hard to tell me, it would be to start simple and then do the complex stuff. It was and still is hard for me to take that advice but I really wanna guarantee the success and quality of my first console game. Once I'm done with Mythical Gambit and during, come next year it'll be nothing but study study study as I prepare things for the PMQ team(that I will try to start up next year at some point).

Here is something I posted to facebook saturday.

It's sorta incomplete cause I got in the mood to do it really late, like around 3ish in the morning. I wanted to make something to convey an sort of idea of how a base example or a outline for the actual game. I've been looking over a lot of games and as resources for ideas in developing a really good and hopefully makeable game.

Each game I play has something I like but there is only so many things I can work with before I have a huge clusterfuck different gameplay mechanics. And for the type of game it is it really shouldn't be that complicated to play honestly.

The Xbox indie program emailed me back like last week I think. They were asking me questions about the game I was gonna work on. But with the way everything is going with PMQ most likely staying a Wii U exclusive I mean I really am stuck with what to conceptualize for the system. So I came I down to a solution. Instead of giving them a game name I gave them a Project name, Project Master Quest or PMQ. It will be a PMQ(Pub master Quest game) but I'm not sure of what. The good news is I heard it will be using HTML 5 so I'll be seeing how that goes later on but right now I just want to get a hold of the whole license thing before anything else.

If anything I wanted to give the full PMQ Legend series to the PS4 and something else or it's spin-offs  to the xbox one. But with the whole filling process I gotta find the time with my older cousin to sit down and go that stuff.

[old screen shot from may, not the same as recent]

Mythical Gambit is coming along pretty well. The occasional bug here and there but all and all it's working out just fine.

With the whole idea of how I was gonna get PMQ U up and running it was then I thought of going with the very popular Kickstarter. However as of today I've recently discovered something that got me really happy. Square Enix is doing some Crowdfunding thing I think sorta like how Kickstarter works. Honestly I've never seen this coming but after reading over everything apparently this may be my easy big chance to get PMQ with SE...in a sense. I mean I been lucky all year and I would love for this to work out in my favor. I've contact them about the possibility of using both KS and SE to fund my game. I'll keep the thread update with a response in the future.

Icey

UPDATE Oct 20/13 

In school I find I have the most time to do sketches and stuff. So for the past few days I've been working sketches for PMQ U.

Here is a picture of all 10 playable characters, each are 1 of the 10 warriors who form the Carrot Knights.

Here is a picture of numbers XI, XII, and XIII Carrot Knights, these 3 died in battle so that's why there is only 10 now.

And lastly a page showing off all the main characters in the game.

I also got to do some work on Mythical Gambit, before I had a plain/still back ground but it wasn't fancy enough. I like fancy menu designs, so I tried something a little different from my other menu designs. Youtube is acting really foolish but if you want to check it out you can see it here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=650766758296971&ref=notif&notif_t=video_processed

[embed=420,315]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vhcDp1bwets" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]..... >.< it won't embed!!

And also here are 5 new battle back grounds which I did yesterday.

Icey

UPDATE Nov 7/13 

Okay, here something I've been working on for PMQ U, it's one the main to help bring in attention and also help bring in new team mates.

[In the picture above are the main 10 playable characters, the Carrot Knights]

Also one of the composers and the first team mate of the team is someone I found on Youtube, he currently just finished the menu theme song which can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOwDuZvXgbQ

He also let me use his other song as the final boss theme in Mythical Gambit(which is also coming along nicely), that song can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpuxlE524Gg

Also a look at 3 of the costumes you can equip to your characters in MG

And the world map theme I just recently received today: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bflatmedia.com%2Fstudio3dlg%2FMystic-WorldMap.mp3&h=mAQECBV3H

Adeel

Nice to know that you're progressing greatly! ;-D  Good work and Keep it up! :)

Icey

Thanks, not really important but I guess it wouldn't hurt to share, I just recently had open bank account for Icey Games and and fill out all the stuff I guess to turn Icey Games into an official business. It was a long as process and it took $40 out of my wallet to start the account up. But I mean it was well worth it cause I now eventually I can get kickstarter/indiegogo going.

Icey

UPDATE Nov 27/13 

Hello all, happy thanksgiving! It's been a while.

So first things first recently I've been going threw some troublesome times trying to figure out still we're I'm going with everything from here on out and I've came to a conclusion. So All of my games I've made with AGS will indeed always be remember and anything I either didn't finish or never got back to finishing I can guarantee that I will never finish again(well I will with PMQ Legends but I so long as Snarky is still able to work on the RPG module). I can highly admit that non if not all of my past games we're noting to get excited about or even if I did try to go all out I mean it still lacked something to at least get me 3 Cups. Though it may not have been that obvious but my main was to try and make something solid, something that people would be able to enjoy all the way threw, something I loved at the end the same way I loved it when I envisioned it.

I can admit I get myself involved with a lot of project that I don't finish and I cause not only myself a headache but others in the community especially when they take their time to help me with something that's not guarantee to actually get finished.

However still it is with that help I got as far as I am now with making Mythical Gambit, The game is still coming along smoothly, I get really really here and there with a bunch of this but me and my composer are still at it.

To recognize my past works I've compiled almost almost all my stuff into one video, it pretty long and my computer honestly almost couldn't hand the damn thing so I had keep blowing cool air into the fan until in finished processing the video.
I mean it's not really all that but it comes with some good songs that also got taken off the youtube version just right after I posted it -.- but I have it on G+ and vimeo so I will post the link. Don't want to watch? It's cool I will be uploading screenshots later on tonight.

https://vimeo.com/80526827

Nextly

If there is one game that I'm having such a mediocre time with it would be this one. Don't get me wrong, working on the title is fun but getting everything together for it is quite difficult at times.

about a week before the PS4 launched I had to not only go open up an account for Icey Games, I also had to fill out all this legal tax stuff so now ICEY GAMES is an offical company!!! However now that task is complete I can finally start using kickstarter and indiegogo right? We'll first before that I still need to make sure I have the right approach with trying to present Pub Master Quest on those two sites and the main thing that is stopping me is how can I trust that my game will do well when I don't have much to show for it at the moment besides music, concept art and the story?

I mean honestly who would have thought it'd be this difficult to find team mates? It's either they require a lot or payments starting right there on the spot, they don't check their email, or they are backed up with their own stuff...sigh, it makes me wonder did I jump on the ship at the wrong time? But the way I see it is I'm captain of this Ship and it's up to me to pick the right direction to take my team and the game in order to reach success.

So once again it's time to put on my business plan cap!

Ok so here's the deal.

The cost of getting someone to help with something is different between each person, what their task is, and the amount of time being spent on help out which will most like ranging from somewhere between 250-1000+, and since the game is no longer gonna be made in HTML5 but instead with the Unity Wii U version nintendo gave me not only will this call for a bit more extra work but also the price of the Wii U dev kit for unity is $3,010.00 USD

Meaning that I have to find a quick and legal way to raise money for this all but how? hmmm OH! I got! right so....

I have 3 very workable ideas in mind that could kick start the hell out of the game off on it's own without the need of money or at least not much of it for the most part.

First things first:

Shogin Crystal Legends is a 3 book compilation focusing on the events 4 main characters that go threw a series of events that would later give birth to the story of Pub Master Quest [ U ]. The reason I would like to make these stories into a book is because of many reasons but the main ones being that it's a hell of a lot more easier to make a book than a game[ I have people going over the book so there won't be typos -.- ] and I can explain an important part of the story not only before the game comes out but so I don't have to focus on making a game for the the 3 books all together. Though I would love to however I would rather wait it off and so long as PMQ[ U ] does good and the books get good feedback then I will consider getting the team together to make a game based off the books but that won't happen until years from now.

Next thing is publicity:

Coon Chan will be a series of short shows like a minute or two that talk the process of Development on my games but for the mean time it will main focus on PMQ[ U ] as that the title I need to get out there the most as of now and the bake sale is going on then I will help talk about MG on there.

As for those book, for a limited time I will be showing off one of them during and just a bit before the time I start up the indiegogo/kickstarter pages to help let people know what to expect from the game and definitely check out the funding sites and help contribute. One of the tiers will net you 2 books + other goodies and same goes for another one only you get all 3 books. Each book will be digital versions and if I can find away to get my hands on a few physical copies then I will do that too.

Lastly I'm sure this can work but I don't know if I can pull it off before march....

This is short game I was gonna make with Unity to help build my skills plus I just spent 40 bucks on a Unity asset so I have no choice but to learn that program, but first I wanted to make a tech demo in AGS using the pre unity assets and create a trailer for it to show it off, maybe I could make a kick starter for it and use that kickstarter to ask for the money to help find a coder and to pay off the Wii U dev kit this way when I make the funding pages for the PMQ [ U ] I can cut the price.

It's a lot to process but I mean it all will be worth it in the end, I'm sure of it.

Icey

UPDATE Dec 14/13 

quick post, Mythical Gambit is gonna have a small demo of the portable version of Portable Knights build into so long as I have the time, if I don't have the time then oh well then I'll just exclude it out of the game, no biggy. I'll just keep the intro there as the trailer for the game.

However the trailer along with the main theme for both the Wii U title and mobile title can be viewed here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtlUOgIkgc4&feature=youtu.be&a
[embed=425,349]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PtlUOgIkgc4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/embed]

Also I got the chance to speak someone over at Gamnesia.com about PMQ U, if you want to know a bit about the game from the interview then just check the link out.
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/introducing-pub-master-quest-a-platforming-wii-u-action-rpg

Icey

UPDATE Jan 5/14 

Hello everyone, I'm back and I want to show off some more of the backgrounds and other stuff for Portable Knights,

First up is those backgrounds, I know it's not much and they needs more detail(color), but that'll all be coming soon enough, it's faster to do the outlines as it takes up less energy.

I wanted to practice my skills with this new style of coloring for backgrounds and I came with this based off the above picture.

Next is the main picture I will be using for the game.

Also some music that will be the game.
Main Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49b8h_rEK_A
Forest Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nagwa5jpGpQ
Boss Battle Theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o_SQ9rePC4

Annnnnnddd this small tune made by the teams composer.

https://soundcloud.com/victor-37/chocobo-theme

Plus this bonus little video of the walk cycle I made for the main character and animated all in AGS. Which I will be using to build most of the beta in to show to the Unity dev. But a less cooler version of the game will be featured as a playable demo in Mythical Gambit.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=678527665520880&set=vb.100000909585407&type=3

selmiak

haha, you are crazy :-D
damned, this is cool looking. Keep it up! ;-D 8-0 ;-D

Icey

Thanks, hopefully once me and my team get more together I'll have more to show ;)

dactylopus

Beautiful work, Icey!  I love the backgrounds.  You're a very talented artist.

Icey

Icey

UPDATE Mar 1/14 

Got something new to show off, the designs for the a majority of the monsters and bosses in the game.
The rest you're gonna have to wait to see

Also, theses...

This...

And finally this little vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9x454W2WCM

Looks, clunky but I have to have a tech demo ready to show off by the 15th....I got this, I hope :D

Icey

UPDATE Mar 15/14 

The full batch of levels to be shown off in the tech demo trailer! :)

And the cover photo of the OST which will release next year prior to the games launch.

monkey0506

icey, you have the expectations and aspirations of a clinically insane space midget.

But you don't let it drag you down if things don't pan out the way you hoped.

You're an amazing artist, and I envy your talents.

Don't stop dreaming, don't stop believing in yourself, and no matter how far out of reach it seems, never, ever, ever give up.

You're an inspiration, and I love you.

Icey

Words of insperation
I honestly really needed something along the lines of that atm monkey so I drew this picture for ya :3

Dualnames

If you could settle for less (even though that sounds like telling you to stop pursuing your dreams it's not), you could achieve them pretty much within a night.

This is amazingly good, your art has improved immensely, and knowing how you drew back then, when we all discouraged you in our ways, carry on, you have a weird way of achieving things, but perhaps it will work out for you.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Icey

Thanks Dualnames, and you raise a good point. But I've always seen it like this, despite how much you guys discouraged me I still seen it as motivation. It was hard but even though I wanted to get far I still wanted to impress all you guys with that one AGS game, that one game that worked like it was supposed to with little to no errors. That one game that might even earn me a AGS award. But I hope that Mythical Gambit can be that game. My one AGS game that truly shows that all of that help over the years wasn't for nothing :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk