Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

Ghost   Little Red

It's clear that I didn't invent Little Red Riding Hood, but "my" Red has been around for a while now, and I've grown fond of the character. A cameo under the Bake Sale logo would have been fun- there were so many cross references...

But to be honest, I have NO idea what you'll want to make of her, and how she'll look, and that's a lot of uncertain ground for me. The commercial thing, in whatever form it may be, is another thing. So under the new conditions, I'd prefer you leave Red out.

Still, all the best luck with AGSC!

Ponch

I'm with Ghost on this one. I had no problem with you using my character for a forum-centric, freeware game. But now that you're planning on releasing it commercially, I want you to take my character out of the game. Sorry, but that's just how I feel about it.

Icey

Everyone I never said I was gonna have the game go commercial. We were supposed to talk about whether it can or not. Oh I got it! Instead of making AGS Colosseum Commercial I will charge for DLC that I created(Not the ones by other AGS members). If the game turns out as good as I'm hoping it will then this will show me just is it worth to keep developing for it.

So hows about the? If I keep the game freeware can I still keep everyone in?

Ghost

Quote from: Icey games on Sun 11/03/2012 19:50:53
I never said I was gonna have the game go commercial.

Selling a game IS going commercial. So I repeat, take Red out, remove me from the credits, and apart from that, aim for the stars; it's your project.

WHAM

Quote from: Icey games on Sun 11/03/2012 19:50:53
I never said I was gonna have the game go commercial.

You stupid... You said you were going to attempt to distribute the game on steam = sell the game on steam = sell the game = go commercial with it!
Do you see the correlation? The connection?
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Khris

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=45480.msg610802#msg610802

Quote@Radient: I hope everyone who is evolved in this project in the littlest of ways is listen. AGS Colosseum is yes up to me where I wan't to take it but I am only putting it on steam for one reason. growth. I need money to help make the game grow. There is so much more I can do with this game if I just had the money.

It's not so much the transparent lying that bugs me, it's how transparent the lying is.

Icey

Shut up Khris and WHAM. I am not lying, your just trolling me again. Leave me alone. Any how now that I have a connection again. GHOST and everyone. Im not going COMMERCIAL WITH THE GAME ANYMORE. I'm going to make my own DLC for the game and sell that a help with the future production of the game. I can't lose people like this as I'm putting way to much work in this game and especially you GHOST as I have done so much for your character as it is now.

GAME is FREE and DLC is not. The game is not commercial but the DLC is. GAME and DLC are separate from each other. No one is involved beside sides me. Now do you understand WHAM and Khris!?!

Also what I men't was I never said I was gonna straight to commercial.

Khris

Yeah, I understand.
I understand perfectly well that you decided to change your plans after people started pulling their characters.
I understand that you didn't foresee this and wished you could unsay that you planned going commercial, but you couldn't and thus simply pretended you never said it.
I understand that furthermore, being called out on your lying forced you to react angrily because you feel mistreated.
I also understand that you probably actually think that you are being mistreated and that we are trolling you, regardless of that being far from what's actually happening.

Could somebody please just ban him? Just a month or so. He doesn't get it, he apparently won't in the near future and it's seriously time for drastic measures, imho.

(And in case you want to post here to defend icey, please refrain from doing so unless you are aware of his history here and still think he deserves support.)

Icey

Yeah anyone who doesn't agree with you is obviously doomed to fail, right? Like hell I'm. I not going sit back and let you treat me a type way if I don't think it's right. Also I been said we were supposed to talk about whether it should or not but it seems you and a few others bring up the fact about it going commercial and it makes it seem like I only planed to do that and not discuss it with everyone. It's like highlighting a word you didn't need to highlight.

I was thinking of other ways to pay for the game myself but I didn't know how that was gonna work. But I finally came to a decisions that if the game get's a lot of downloads/likes/cups and stuff then I would create my own non AGS character type DLC. This way I could sell that and it won't be apart of the game.

This is what most if not all MMO's do. The game is free but their are extras you can purchase if you like the game a lot. And this is the same thing I will do.

Also my plans wasn't change today. I had chose to come to a debate about the matter on the 4th. And in the end it seems like it's not what people wanted. I'm not saying I want lose people or 2 loses are better than them all. I rather keep s much as I can so I don't have to change up the game anymore.

WHAM

Quote from: Khris on Sun 11/03/2012 21:54:21
Could somebody please just ban him? Just a month or so. He doesn't get it, he apparently won't in the near future and it's seriously time for drastic measures, imho.

I second this notion, I've seen enough.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Ponch

Icey, at this point in your career as a future maker of awesome gaming awesomeness, why not focus on making a solid, playable FREE game here within the safe confines of the AGS community nest. If you can successfully build one that can support a free DLC model, one that works as advertised as a "proof of concept," then take that experience and build a proper, pay to play game at a later point in time.

Leaping in all at once is a recipe for disaster, and not something that someone who was serious about making money from their hobby would do. Take Dave Gilbert as an example. He puttered around with RON games and other silliness for a long time before he became the legend of gaming that we all know and love today.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" and all that stuff.

Dualnames

I thought my earlier posts or my posts in general were no match for no one in terms of stupidity and immaturity, how foolish i was to think that.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ponch

Thanks for putting that post directly under mine, Duals.  ;)

Icey

Ponch, I will take tat advise and put AGC Colosseum on hold to go work on something similar to what you said before.

If I can prove I can I can do something along the lines of that then can everyone let me use the character if I still plan to Keep the game free?

Ponch

You can use my character, but only if the game AND the dlc are free. If you charge for anything related to that game, then no.

And also, why work on a new game? Why not just keep working on this one and release it and the dlc for free? Wasn't the the plan originally?

Radiant

I received a PM from Icey with a money-related offer about this game. He is really getting on my nerves by repeating the same question in slightly different wording when it has already been answered.

Let me make this ABSOLUTELY CLEAR ICEY: the answer is NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES. Is that absolutely clear to you? I think I am being clear here.

Icey

Ok Ponch, I guess I can do. Well'p goodbye extras, Radiant peep the time I sent that to you not the time you checked it. I sen't that before Ponch posted. Also when you put it like that then you make it seem like I'm asking you for Money. I sen't it to every, even Ponch so I hoping that PM was clear. Cause your stuff is not in the game anymore and it has been out since the 4th when you first asked so I hope that was clear to you. The whole topic of commercial obviously wasn't clear to most people so I was hoping this type of thing would help until I seen what Ponch said.

Radiant

Quote from: Icey games on Sun 11/03/2012 22:45:41
Cause your stuff is not in the game anymore and it has been out since the 4th when you first asked so I hope that was clear to you.

I'm still listed here, so I doubt that.

Icey

Really, thanks VWG. But what character is that?

At Radiant, Oh why didn't say you were looking at that. Look if it makes you feel any better than I will take it off. Just keep in mid that the list of people are old. I got a few newer people helping me. If you look at that main post you'll see that ghost offered to help with the sound effects but he is not in the list for that now is he?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk