Icey games' thread

Started by Icey, Mon 05/03/2012 02:58:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

...aaaand correction.

Even though this thread has been reported for its obvious flaws, the concensus amongst moderators is that it's better if Icey can focus all of his posts into one thread, instead of spamming the GiP.

So, as long as everyone can behave politely, let's keep this thread open.

And good luck to Icey with all his endeavours.

Ponch

Quote from: Andail on Mon 12/03/2012 18:42:00
the concensus amongst moderators...

This exists? Awesome! Do you meet in a secret, undisclosed location? Like the Halls Of Justice? Are Batman and Aquaman there too? This is the coolest thing I've ever heard!!  :D

Andail

Batman and Aquaman have been applying for years, but we're a bit picky about credentials.

So, eh, let's stay on topic now peepz!

Icey

I thought this was looked...Not that I wanted this looked but I will continue to talk about Colosseum and leave the drama behind.

Oh and thanks Andail. I stead I think I will post all updates and news of my games in here. I like my stuff better here.

Atelier

There's nothing I hate more than Final Fantasy... literally, it makes me sick to the core. I'm tired of hearing about bloody moogles and AGS Limited Edition DLCâ,,¢ with some Japanese writing translated on Google in some crappy beveled font. I actually hate Japanese anime with a passion. As well as that, I hate it when project after project is announced and more often than not it just gets locked or at the end of it, there's some download link to a file which is, let's not beat about the bush, shit. It takes about a year to make a Torah. It takes about three to compile a list of Icey's vaporware.

Icey has been more destructive than constructive for almost two years now. He is not benefitting this community - he is detracting from it. In which case, why is the community giving chance after chance to him? Can we please just ban him for a while or put him on probation? Better yet, let us all vote whether to ban him or not (slightly serious). Or you could restrict the areas he posts in, namely Games in Production or Completed Games. Or you could limit his post count per day so he has to think carefully about what he is saying (I'm not sure if that's possible, but it sounds like a good idea).

Icey, I do like you, all of your actions seem to be in good-faith (putting aside the cheating and consequential lying for one moment, which I've experienced). I just think you should take a holiday at the Wintermute forums or something, simply because I literally hate Final Fantasy, and in extension, everything you've ever produced and ever will produce.

Icey

Damn in a sense it's kinda hurtful, But I can't get mad at you because that's your opinion and I can't change how one feels. Anyone call me a thief, a cheater, a "transparent" Lyre, etc. However I can get all amp'd but why tho? Truth is know one on here really knows me or much about me. You can only assume by the text you read on here. And the same goes for me. For instance, did you know that while I'm a huge FF fan I'm a mega video game fan altogether? I grew playing zelda, sonic, and mario. I came over FF during 05. Oh and I'm also a big fan of Halo. So while I only make games similar to FF, I can produce other games but I choose not to.

Also Atelier if you hate anime, Square, FF, PMQ, why don't comment on my stuff? Why don't you just ignore it? Trust me I don't post to annoy someone especially if they don't like my stuff.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On topic

Tifa's Ballad
-A school project but I might as well announce it. It's a game that tells the story of Tiffany, A young girl who moved to the big city after her home town was destroyed by fierce flames from a nearby war.

Narushima

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 12/03/2012 10:56:21
My Demons Shadow

[Created by David Rankins -Developed by Studio3] Leon and his brother were very close as kids. One day Leons brother was jumped by some gang members over so money he owed. With no one else to turn to he pleeded to the Shogin Crystal for the Strength and abilities to take on the gang. So over raged by his defeat, he seeked out the core base of the gang and tried to take them all on with his new powers. But he was still to weak and he failed yet again however this would be the last time he ever walked the grounds of this world. Leon in seek of revenge for the lost of his brother confronted the Shogin Crystal just as his brother did. However he was rejected as he possesed a growing connection to Darkness. Leon soon came to beleive that the gods and Shogin crystal was a bunch of Bullshit. A few days later Leon's Anger grew so much tha the sky be came red and time it self stopped. Before him rose a Colossus Demon like figure! It raised it's gaint hand and drp[ed it on Leon thus sucking him into the Void.Trapped there, Alone, Begging to be freed from this dark place as he would do anything. Soon a firey light glissend before him and out of it came Chaos(Devil). He offered Leon freedom and the power to get the revenge he trully desired. So Leon accepted his offer and down into the underworld they went. The Warrior of eternal Darkness shall desend down seeking the ever lasting Divine powers of Chaos. He bears the berdon of the Dark Rulers plea in order to release thye brother for the enternal Slumber. Chaos to Leon -Leon must use the power of Chaos and kill anyone who stands in his way and release their souls into the pits of hell were they belong. As this is the only way to pay of his debt to Chaos and save his brother for the everlast sleep. Later in the game you meet a man named Tetsuga.
Hi. I don't know you, I don't know your reputation, I haven't played any of your games or anything. But I do have something to say about this because you actually seem to be genuinely proud of this drivel.

The worst book I've ever read and that still to this day I hate with a passion (Black Dogs by Ian McEwan) was much, much better than this, for the simple fact that it made sense. This is just a bunch of stupid, unoriginal, confuse and badly put-together ideas that you've jotted down in two minutes.
Nobody, alive or dead, in all the history of literature, including the grandest of masters, from Plato to Hugo and Orwell, could ever write anything good in two minutes. When you write a story in two minutes, only one thing can happen : it'll be incredibly weak.

Before deciding to show your work to the world, a story needs to be clearly laid out in your head, you need to sort out all the characters, their psyches, their motivations, you need all the locations and events clearly set up, and you need to tie all this together into a coherent and engaging story.
That is one of the hardest things to do in the world. To be any good at it takes a LOT of reading, writing, patience and hard work. There very clearly isn't any of that in what you've written here.

My only piece of advice to you would be for you to read more. If you love stories, and before writing any, you need to read good stories. Only after that will you be able to see all the common traps everybody falls in when they attempt to write, and just how bad and foolish you really were.

Your profile tells me you're seventeen. That makes sense. Your lack of experience makes you think that you, and only you, can be amazing without even trying. I know, it happened to me as well.
But that is a delusion. Nobody ever became a guitar hero just by grabbing the nearest guitar and strumming the strings randomly. Nobody ever became a brilliant author just because they picked up their pen and wrote the first thing that entered their minds.
Jimi Hendrix, Django Reinhardt and Ovid are all geniuses, but that it because they worked and worked for hours and hours, imbibing the culture of their relative environments and honing their skills by unceasing trial and error.

We all have this fantasy that if we just decided to do something seriously, like writing or playing an instrument, we'd be brilliant at it. But if you actually try you soon discover that there is a whole realm of things you had no idea existed and that it is all much more complicated and arduous than you initially thought.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, but I thought you needed to be told the truth. What you also need is to read, read, and read some more. And I'm talking about classics, not fanfiction.

Atelier

Another project? It would be cool if this topic was stickied here so Icey gets his own permanent thread to tend - not constantly floating around on the first/second pages of this board, then inevitably forgotten about, where it's back to square one again. It would keep it tucked away, but visible to those who want it to be.

Victor6

Quote from: Atelier on Mon 12/03/2012 21:26:07
Another project? It would be cool if this topic was stickied here so Icey gets his own permanent thread to tend - not constantly floating around on the first/second pages of this board, then inevitably forgotten about, where it's back to square one again. It would keep it tucked away, but visible to those who want it to be.
We could get him a subforum?

(titled, 'under the bridge')

Icey

It's not harsh at all and I completely understand were your coming from. However the reason why it doesn't make sense I guess is cause it's a story for a friend of mine which we actually tweaked a few times afterwords however like you said, those are just notes I jotted down which comes out in the forum of a story. To most who read it. It seems awful but I have a lot of notes already for this game written and drawn down since late 09. The only biggest reason I have nothing to show for it is cause AGS is or may not be the engine to make such a game. It's a beat'em up fighting game with RPG elements and crazy effects which I don't have the skills to make frame by frame. I would rather make this game in XNA when I learn how to use.

Quote from: Victor6 on Mon 12/03/2012 21:29:05
Quote from: Atelier on Mon 12/03/2012 21:26:07
We could get him a subforum?

(titled, 'under the bridge')

Wouldn't that basically mean I'm a troll? I rather have this stickied here. I like having just one thread that I can post in about my stuff. I just don't want someone to spark an argument.

@Atelier: I have no choice, It's either I make this game or I fail the class.

Atelier

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 12/03/2012 21:30:36
@Atelier: I have no choice, It's either I make this game or I fail the class.

Ok fair enough, but nobody's forcing you at gunpoint to post it to the forums. It is also incredibly hard not to look at your threads when they're everywhere. I only said something now because I have a consuming and deep-seated hatred for Japanese anime and can't stand the Icey factory pumping out slap-dash crap across the boards, accompanied by an irritatingly nonchalant, capricious, whimsical, enthusiastic, and optimistic outlook on everything on Earth. I'm actually begging for this to be stickied. It was a great move to give Icey his own dedicated thread, now I won't feel I have the right to complain ever again.

Khris

I'm still giggling about the Polar Express post; went right over his head of course. :D

Icey, I called what you did transparent lying because when you lie, it usually takes about ten seconds to find the forum post that proves that you're lying. "Transparent" as in really obvious. "Transparent" as in, it is insulting that you think you can get away with it. Really stupid people often think that they are smarter than everyone else. Don't fall into that trap.

Also, how you really are or what other games you play is completely irrelevant. All we see is your forum posts, and we fill in the blanks automatically. That's also one of the reasons why I preview and reread my posts for instance. Since the communication here is pretty much exclusively by text, I don't strain people's patience from the start by posting replies riddled with errors.
It's like in a conversation where all of us grown ups talk clearly and you bust in with your mouth full of donut or whatever and just mumble, with crumbs flying everywhere, and all of us having to concentrate to make out what you're saying. It's impolite and I'm seriously fed up with your egotistical bullshit.

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 12/03/2012 21:30:36It's a beat'em up fighting game with RPG elements and crazy effects which I don't have the skills to make frame by frame. I would rather make this game in XNA when I learn how to use.

Jesus. This: doesn't nearly express what I'm feeling right now. XNA [Game Studio] isn't some magical game making machine, it's basically a library for C#. You'll be so lost that what you think "lost" means now will lose all meaning.

How about this: GrimReapYou created a copy of the forum structure at http://www.agsbackup.tk/
Why not go there, create a fresh account and post the shit out of it? Everybody who's still not tired of putting up with you can go over there to check out your amazing projects, and I can go back to visiting the forums without blood coming out of my ears and eyes whenever I see one of your threads.

Edit: fixed.

Victor6

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 12/03/2012 21:30:36
Wouldn't that basically mean I'm a troll? I rather have this stickied here. I like having just one thread that I can post in about my stuff. I just don't want someone to spark an argument.

No, it'd mean 'here be trolls'. Because everything isn't just about you.

If you had a subforum you couldn't bump for attention, and people could just ignore you. In here; you can kick and scream and post pipe-dream promises.

The one thing that annoys me more than anything, isn't the lying, the stupidity, the incompetent coding, the garbage spill of half finished projects that fill the forums, or even the attempts to weasel out of questions and play dumb. - Its the fact that you're giving the RPG genre, the AGS community, and people who code them a bad name.

Icey

You prove my point. Maybe if you guys in the beginning head not egged me on then I wouldn't act like this, so to say. I'm not acting any way truth be told, Im being me but most you just can't stand me so you give me and PMQ a bad name. Maybe if I had the right help then I could have been a little different. Can't you take a hint? I like Final Fantasy, I wanna make a RPG like FF, can I get some help please. Damn nobody could show me how to make a basic RPG? No everyone joked about me and then a alternate clone of my character was spawned. You can't say Dennis wasn't born from Dave because he was. And ddq is to blame for that.

Just a little bit of help to get me started would have led me on a good path. Sure I'm learning slowly but I'm gonna get there. My older games may be short and half assed but you know what at least I can say I'm getting better from them. Plus I seen plenty of ugly games on AGS. I'm not gonna go to every thread and say that they're ugly cause I would be jerk. Plus you guys told me to read the rules yet you can't even follow one of the main sign up rules(question). Now take that and figure out which one I'm talking about.

Also Khris I don't lie but what happens is like what Atelier said, I have some many places I'm talking at once everything changes. So if I'm talking to someone in a PM it may change from what I last said in the main thread. Like it did with AGSC.
So much back in forth. P.S. It's not that I'm looking for attention, I rather have my stuff here for now cause there are many people passing by who might want to check this out.

Take a bumb for instance. A bumb wouldn't go to a ghost town waiting for some spare change now would he? Nah they would go to a big city or just a big town. It makes sense right.

@Atelier: Ok

Ghost

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 12/03/2012 22:39:23
You prove my point...

That last post is so arrogant that it hurts, and extremely off-putting, seriously. And yet you expect people here to take you seriously and help you? Has been done, with two possible results: The helpers were ignored or called harsh.

Talking civil to you doesnt work, dropping hints doesn't work, and whenever one actually gets a reply it reeks of ivory tower. Have your thread and enjoy it. And yes, let's make it sticky too, and can someone tell me what the tiny doodles are supposed to be? Can someone make me some too? I'd like a Pac Man and Inky. I always liked Inky.

And another time: AGCS. Red. Not aboard. Remove.

Icey

Ghost what are you talking about? I don't mean everyone here didn't help me with RPG stuff I men't some people but I not gonna sit here name people. There is just no way.

If your talking about AGSC then I must say everyone has there own view on the game. Personally I don't care for it anymore and I have moved on but maybe if everyone just talked about whether it should go commercial or not then maybe just maybe everyone would have pulled their Characters out. I explained myself in many ways as possible but it seem like most people was stuck on the money part. I get the reason why but one thing I didn't like was how some people kept highlight it and made it seem like I was gonna steal from you guys.

Also you wasn't the only one who PM me about AGSC just so you know. First it was Scavenger then Radiant, then I think you and Ponch.

Victor6

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 12/03/2012 22:39:23
You prove my point. Maybe if you guys in the beginning head not egged me on then I wouldn't act like this.....
It's never about you is it Icey? It's never your fault. It's aways someone else who's to blame.

Accept responsibility for your own failures.

I'm not acting any way truth be told, Im being me but most you just can't stand me so you give me and PMQ a bad name. Maybe if I had the right help then I could have been a little different. Can't you take a hint?

You've been offered help time and again by people on this forum, and every time you ignored their advice. You've burned soo many bridges, ask yourself; 'Why should anyone want to help me now?'[

I like Final Fantasy, I wanna make a RPG like FF, can I get some help please. Damn nobody could show me how to
That's because you don't listen to people when they try to help. You don't want people to help you make your game, you want people to make your game for you.

If you want to make a game like FF. Go use RPGmaker.

Icey

I toking plenty of responsibility for myself in the past. What your expecting me to say it was my fault people took the characters out of the game? of course it was as I wanted to give the game something better but I seen where people were coming from and why they did it.

No I have been offered help so many times and I have toking that help, that why I got this far just so you know. However when you got someone making fun of me whiling their trying to help me isn't fair at all or just right. I never once straight attacked Khris or just about anyone. All I did was defend myself when someone is yelling at me and swearing at me cause I have poor grammar. How would that make you feel. Like you don't really wan't their help right? Like you wanna leave and never come back? That's how I feel most of the times and then the only reason I sucked up to khris is so he could keep help me. I didn't wanna tick him off cause I know how I can be plus I'm short tempered. Maybe if he was able to see right through me then he would have been able to see that and if he did see that why would you say something to get me upset? And that goes for anyone. Not just on AGS but the people who can see through people.

Also I feel like you wasn't here from the very beginning when I first said I didn't like game maker cause I wasn't really after the old FF designer. I finally am able to grasp the style I wan't before and now all I need is the rest of the skills to go with it.

On topic
A look at AGS I mean PMQ Colosseum,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivcP3SDWXKA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lzMh6s3gno

LimpingFish

Everybody needs to calm down. Take a deep breath.

People calling for Icey to be banned. Stop. If ever such a step was to be taken, I'm sure it won't be down to mob justice. If you don't like Icey or his games, then, much like you implore him to do, follow some simple advice:

Don't. Post.

I'm also against the idea of sectioning him off. It smacks of a family committing their ugliest child to an asylum because he keeps ruining the Christmas photo.

The reason we see so much of Icey on the forums is because the same group of people post in his threads, singing the same old songs. If you don't want to see his threads at the top of the boards, don't drive up his numbers. Again:

Don't. Post.

Icey: Stop posting in this thread. There is no way to turn this situation to your favour. Take a break, please.

Everybody else: Chill.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Khris

Quote from: Icey games on Mon 12/03/2012 22:39:23Also Khris I don't lie but what happens is like what Atelier said, I have some many places I'm talking at once everything changes. So if I'm talking to someone in a PM it may change from what I last said in the main thread. Like it did with AGSC.

No, no, no, no, no, you sneaky little shit. I don't know if you're doing this on purpose or if you're actually so full of yourself you don't see this, but I'm NOT talking about you CHANGING YOUR MIND.
I'm talking about LYING.

I'm talking about you saying that you want to take AGSC on Steam and make money off of it, then the next day denying ever having said that.

Again: you didn't lie when you changed your plans, you lied when you claimed that you never had other plans in the first place.

It's no wonder you react like you do if you don't even see what I call lying. So get this: I'm not calling you a liar because I think it's funny, I'm doing it because YOU ACTUALLY LIED. So next time, try to find the lie first before assuming I'm out to get you for no reason.

Edit after post:
"toking"? TOKING? Jesus Christ. It would explain a lot I guess.

What Victor6 meant (<= look at how it is spelled: MEANT) wasn't that it is your own fault that people pull out their characters, it is your own fault that people don't have any patience with your anymore.
We aren't just talking about your latest bullshit, we're talking about the months of bullshit on end you've dumped over these forums.

I'm not even surprised anymore that you are completely unable to take at least some of the blame for the situation you're in. Do you not see that nobody else has to deal with other members like you do?
It's your own fault that people are tired of offering help, and that people are relentlessly mocking you.

I wish you'd understand, but talking to you about stuff like this is like trying to explain the physics of a rainbow to a dog.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk